@Morello, now that you're here, can we talk about Aatrox?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkin Blade

02-18-2014

Because ATM, he feels a little outclassed. Very squishy, good damage early, falls off/gets kited.

Right now, a lot of his power budget is taken up by his revive passive. I made a thread a few days earlier suggesting that some of his power is removed from his revive and distributed to the rest of his kit (better base stats maybe?). A lot of indirect nerfs have also taken place, such as the nerfs to splitpushing, the nerfs to spirit visage, and the nerfs to snowballing, something Aatrox was good at doing. In the current tank meta, he's outclassed top. And in the jungle, he's outclassed. Why pick Aatrox when you can pick Vi?

MarcosLuis97

02-18-2014

Aatrox has the same design flaw Zac has (Mobile, manaless, selfsustaining, AoE damage, tanky, CC monstrosities with double passive and free GA on top of dealing fairly good damage) and because of it they will probably never get buffed without making them broken or "too good", he simply will never be balanced as long as he has that kit.

Darkin Blade

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosLuis97 View Post
Aatrox has the same design flaw Zac has (Mobile, manaless, selfsustaining, AoE damage, tanky, CC monstrosities with double passive and free GA on top of dealing fairly good damage) and because of it they will probably never get buffed without making them broken or "too good", he simply will never be balanced as long as he has that kit.
That's what I'm saying.

Aatrox's damage is okay, his CC is good if you can land it, and he has no AOE except his Ult, e and q, which both do minimal damage come late game. He can get kited easily and if he thinks of building damage, he will get nuked. His base stats are pitiful.

I suggest Riot reworks his revive and gives him some comp. buffs.

Partholonian

02-18-2014

He will probably benefit from the doran shield and perseverance nerfs. The tank meta may not be around more than one more patch.

Darkin Blade

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partholonian View Post
He will probably benefit from the doran shield and perseverance nerfs. The tank meta may not be around more than one more patch.
You still have Jax/Lee.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-18-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We made some big game health mistakes on Aatrox that put him in a problematic spot - there's accuracy in the fact that if he's buffed, he'll be a problem.

We've had some Aatrox changes to solve this (as a soft rework sorta thing) that could fix this, and then let him get back into the game. I'll have to check on the details to see which direction we've taken with it (there were a lot of ideas on the table for it, originally).

Furi Kuri

02-18-2014

Oh look another "toxic" champion that can't be buffed, because you know... Roit.

Darkin Blade

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We made some big game health mistakes on Aatrox that put him in a problematic spot - there's accuracy in the fact that if he's buffed, he'll be a problem.

We've had some Aatrox changes to solve this (as a soft rework sorta thing) that could fix this, and then let him get back into the game. I'll have to check on the details to see which direction we've taken with it (there were a lot of ideas on the table for it, originally).
I'm not asking for direct buffs, I'm asking for a redistribution of power. Maybe nerf his self sustain/revive in exchange for better base stats?

lightdragoon88

02-18-2014

I just feel the nerf to his attack speed was to much.

I rather take a hit to his W heal if we can get some of that attack speed back.

Shiro Pichu

02-18-2014

wtf is the point of releasing a champion when you know he's gonna be op?

12345 ... 7