Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siigari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke64 View Post
The more the merrier. It's a good suggestion. It's also a good sign that a lot of people are coming up with it.
No, it's a cry of desperation because we all know Scruffy won't listen to us if we don't play his game.

Honestly that's a dumb way to get feedback.

As of Monday, February 17th 2014 I officially quit League.

My three favorite champions have all been systematically reworked and changed from things I love to tools or failures: Eve, Karma and Skarner. They took away a lot of power from Eve both passively and in a duel situation, changing her from a stealthy brawler to a deep assassin then broke her from that role. They took away Karma's fans. They stole Skarner's identity and then denied it multiple times through transparent incompetence.

Bye Riot. And **** you Scruffy. People like you are the reason we have 160 page feedback threads of people crying out for change and instead of listening to us you brazenly ignore everyone, plowing ahead with your personal/corporate agenda.

If Scruffy leaves the Skarner design project I will return. But I am now done.

Cya.

Kemious

02-17-2014

Isn't the problem is skarner's abilities no longer match his role.

As a tank he had a clear role keeping people off the rest of your team now so not so much.

He doesn't exactly fit in as an AD fighter as his q scales poorly of his bonus ad and lacks burst.
Ap fighter isn't so bad but the closest to him in terms of ability usage would be diana and she has a reliable gap closer far more instantaneous burst then skarner.

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2014

I see no other way to get Riot to listen. I have submitted a support ticket.

"Hello, I've been playing League of Legends for a few years now, and I bought Skarner and both of his skins on release.
I have used up all three of the refunds given to me; however, with the recent rework, Skarner is no longer the product I paid for. I no longer wish to play this champion, and therefore the champion and skins are both useless to me. Is there any way I can still refund the purchase?

Thank you,

Dremare"

Riot's admitted they messed up before. They reverted Katarina's shunpo positioning change. Guys, I don't know how else to make this more clear. Vote with your dollar.

Raiyn

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siigari View Post
No, it's a cry of desperation because we all know Scruffy won't listen to us if we don't play his game.

Honestly that's a dumb way to get feedback.

As of Monday, February 17th 2014 I officially quit League.

My three favorite champions have all been systematically reworked and changed from things I love to tools or failures: Eve, Karma and Skarner. They took away a lot of power from Eve both passively and in a duel situation, changing her from a stealthy brawler to a deep assassin then broke her from that role. They took away Karma's fans. They stole Skarner's identity and then denied it multiple times through transparent incompetence.

Bye Riot. And **** you Scruffy. People like you are the reason we have 160 page feedback threads of people crying out for change and instead of listening to us you brazenly ignore everyone, plowing ahead with your personal/corporate agenda.

If Scruffy leaves the Skarner design project I will return. But I am now done.

Cya.
Ouch. I said this to another fellow but I'm sorry to see you go because you feel your champion(s) have lost what is iconic to them. I can't speak to Karma or Eve feedback but Scruffy certainly is letting down Skarners fans and I'm hoping he gets that -

Keep in mind he has changed his tune from "No he's fine" to "Ok maybe I change some of the power around" to "He needs more CC maybe" to "Yes I'm buffing his CC". Perhaps he will be convinced, in time... that Skarner's iconic features were not only his ultimate but also the ability to have a long duration, powerful slow.

Keep contributing to the thread and hopefully Scruffy will a) Get it and add new mechanics to Skarner/buff Skarner in a way that makes him more fun (Though his kit is very boring and unfun atm imo). B) pass it along to another Dev or c) Get help from us/another Rioter.

I know that's worth very little...but keep at it. I really don't want to see Skarner left like this and I know many people feel the same way. He just isn't useful and he doesn't feel like Skarner - keep gettng that across. You don't like his new Q, W or E as they are now.

Lavasioth

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
I see no other way to get Riot to listen. I have submitted a support ticket.

"Hello, I've been playing League of Legends for a few years now, and I bought Skarner and both of his skins on release.
I have used up all three of the refunds given to me; however, with the recent rework, Skarner is no longer the product I paid for. I no longer wish to play this champion, and therefore the champion and skins are both useless to me. Is there any way I can still refund the purchase?

Thank you,

Dremare"

Riot's admitted they messed up before. They reverted Katarina's shunpo positioning change. Guys, I don't know how else to make this more clear. Vote with your dollar.
Yeah I also just refunded all my Skarner stuff. I don't know what else to do. If he is fixed I will buy him back in a heart beat

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

02-17-2014
21 of 29 Riot Posts

I see a bunch of posts about a mechanic where a Q or auto could extend the E slow. This is actually pretty reasonable and is something that we could do. Realistically if we added this mechanic, we would not be able to buff the slow amount as much. In this case, as a Skarner player, which would you rather have?

-A stronger E slow like proposed with same 2.5s duration

or

-A (less than first option) stronger E slow that can be extended for additional time with Q or auto attack damage

I'm glad that we are having some good suggestions on ways to improve the kit and both of these mechanics could work out well.

Siigari

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
Ouch. I said this to another fellow but I'm sorry to see you go because you feel your champion(s) have lost what is iconic to them. I can't speak to Karma or Eve feedback but Scruffy certainly is letting down Skarners fans and I'm hoping he gets that -

Keep in mind he has changed his tune from "No he's fine" to "Ok maybe I change some of the power around" to "He needs more CC maybe" to "Yes I'm buffing his CC". Perhaps he will be convinced, in time... that Skarner's iconic features were not only his ultimate but also the ability to have a long duration, powerful slow.

Keep contributing to the thread and hopefully Scruffy will a) Get it and add new mechanics to Skarner/buff Skarner in a way that makes him more fun (Though his kit is very boring and unfun atm imo). B) pass it along to another Dev or c) Get help from us/another Rioter.

I know that's worth very little...but keep at it. I really don't want to see Skarner left like this and I know many people feel the same way. He just isn't useful and he doesn't feel like Skarner - keep gettng that across. You don't like his new Q, W or E as they are now.
No, it won't help. You know what I found out? Scruffy posts here then reads reddit for "feedback."

How do you feel now?

Also quitting is the best way. Earlier I played ball with him too, saying hmm, maybe the new Q and W could not ramp up, but instead of listening to anything concerning honestly anything outside of Scruffy's single-minded focus around CC (read reddit posts to see why) he ignores us and reads reddit's laudation of his decisions.

I heard about Skarner's possible rework back in August when I was playing him full steam. When I heard they were planning to rework him I prayed so much they'd forget about it. Then the day came; someone messaged me it's finally happening. Logged in and played Skarner one last time. Went 22/4/15 and that was the last I saw of Skarner that I loved.

I am not going to be ignored. To avoid that I'm not going to be present to allow myself to be ignored.

Dremare

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
I see a bunch of posts about a mechanic where a Q or auto could extend the E slow. This is actually pretty reasonable and is something that we could do. Realistically if we added this mechanic, we would not be able to buff the slow amount as much. In this case, as a Skarner player, which would you guys rather have?

or

-A (less than first option) stronger E slow that can be extended for additional time with Q or auto attack damage

I'm glad that we are having some good suggestions on ways to improve the kit and both of these mechanics could work out well.
I don't see why you still don't understand that Skarner was never meant to perform his role in 2.5 seconds.

PirSultanAbdal

02-17-2014

Scruffy, dear, please i only want to take 1 minute of your lifetime. Take a look at my thread. I really would appreciate it! I got a few more cool ideas but nobody to explain, you see.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4289522

There is not actually alot though process behind my ideas, because i only compared skarner to strongest 5-6 junglers in game. (As Riot were promised Skarner to be viable pick, that is our sovereign right imo)

Good job that you are paying attention and listening to us that's so amazing!

Long Dong Wukong

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
I see a bunch of posts about a mechanic where a Q or auto could extend the E slow. This is actually pretty reasonable and is something that we could do. Realistically if we added this mechanic, we would not be able to buff the slow amount as much. In this case, as a Skarner player, which would you rather have?

or

How about your punk ass stops ignoring that everyone hates your rework and rework the rework.