Summoner's Rift Detailed Art feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shentok

02-07-2014

Why should colorblind mode be the default? I personally really dislike the color palette for colorblind mode.

Corvic Maractis

02-07-2014

Could you also return the Customizable HP/ Mana bar colors? As my friend is colorblind and the colorblind mode does not work for his specific kind of colorblindness and it has dramatically affected his play.

exec3

02-07-2014

I hope the Nexus comment includes Inhibitors.

I agree that better use of visuals could make the map feel less flat. I've tried the game in 3D once or twice for lols (was fun except for the health bars not being on minions making it impossible to target things) and it's quite surprising that there's different levels of elevation in the map. The slopes to river are actually quite steep believe it or not.

Coldmanj

02-07-2014

so this is sort of both on and off topic. I has to do with summoners rift and the 5v5 ranked format at least. Something I have dreamed about since I have played the game is that there be more than just 1 map for summoners rift. I'm not talking about a skin either.

To elaborate a bit more: Right now all 5v5 ranked matches are played out on Summoners Rift. While there is nothing exactly "wrong" about it being on Summoners Rift, it does leave a player wanting in terms of variety of terrain interaction. I wouldnt mind seeing a random rotation of 2 or 3 maps where jungle camp locations and possibly other objectives were in entirely new places. It would provide new strategy and meta game to players and promote diversity of play styles.

This is probably just a pipe dream as the resources needed for such an undertaking would be incredible. But a summoner can dream cant he?

Gahlo

02-08-2014

On repositioning camps: I'd like to see Wolves and Wight camp positions be swapped. This opens up an easier counter jungle option in the bluebuff side of the jungle without having to go as deep as wolves requires. It also provides more parity for the side lane idle csing as Wight can be a hassle to clear as apposed to double golems without a jungling item.

Purely cosmetically, the Wight camp location should have a nice little campsight like all the others do.

Kinaro

02-08-2014

A while ago I made a thread about the map not being symmetric and why I think that that is a problem. A guy named Steelflame then posted a very nice idea, that tries to fix the following:

- both sides now have the same camera angle
- the map is truly symmetrical
- some other changes about the jungle layout

Here is the thread:
Isn't every asymmetric map imbalanced?

And here a picture:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dpXFJra.jpg (532.0 KB, 43 views)

exec3

02-16-2014

Is there a chance that Dragon will get a proper name? Baron Nashor, Vilemaw and the old Ebonmaw all had names but Dragon is just called Dragon, I think it'd be cool if he had a name.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

02-17-2014
65 of 97 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec3 View Post
Is there a chance that Dragon will get a proper name? Baron Nashor, Vilemaw and the old Ebonmaw all had names but Dragon is just called Dragon, I think it'd be cool if he had a name.

I think this is a great idea, and a missed opportunity to add depth to Summoner's Rift. I have been talking to folks about this idea. Great suggestion!

Firefly Captain

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I think this is a great idea, and a missed opportunity to add depth to Summoner's Rift. I have been talking to folks about this idea. Great suggestion!
Draco Malfoy

/done

dalzara

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post

Trogdor! He comes every 6 minutes in the NIGHTTTTTT!!