Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dalzara

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain9 View Post
Not going to change anything. Still way to high of a cooldown. Once you get to the target there is no way to stay with them to enjoy the attack speed increase seeing as how it takes 6 seconds to ramp up. But I do appreciate you sticking with this thread for what its worth.

Unless the snares duration is a bit longer I was finding even when I landed my E yesterday by the time I actually got up into melee the snare already wore off and they were running away again. The other issue is the q seems to stutter step you a bit which never bothered me with the perma snare before but now if they just try to run away every time you hit q they get farther away from you so a couple q's and they are ahead and off to the races.

That said I overall had a couple really decent jungle games with him but you wind up having to buy items that give a snare to make up for what he used to have by default so overall it feels like the rework was a pretty heavy nerf without much to offset it. The ramping up of the attack speed with q is all fine and dandy except it is really hard to sit on somebody long enough to ramp it up.

At least with the old skarner if you ever did manage to trudge your way up into melee with somebody once there you could keep them there. Now without that I doubt he is viable at high levels and not very viable at low ones. Frankly I would almost rather play udyr for similar no dash sort of champ but overall has better tankyness and offensive punch.

Maybe if the E is faster and maybe lasted a half second to a second longer it would be enough if you landed it to more reliably get up into range.

Sir Puffy

02-17-2014

Scruffy, honest question.

Do you even know what you're doing?

Additional question, how easy was it to get a job at Riot? Seems like I'd have to just waltz in and say I'm in, because your knowledge of balance and healthy & fun gameplay is utter bullsh*t.

I really hate to be this disrespectful, but you're doing a hell of a sh*tty job with everything relating to Skarner.

Eazy E

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We could definitely put more power/reliability into W but it would mean less power in his CC. It's a totally valid proposal, would you rather see more power in his speed or CC?
Oh god, I honestly wish they would just fire you. If this is what the Skarner "rework" is, I wonder how ****ty the Rengar rework will be. It's already horrible on paper, I cant dare to watch..

Hexalyte

02-17-2014

Quote:
Ok good point, maybe we could spit the changes up between E and W.
Tbh, it shouldn't be a super minor buff to each of them. When I said they both needed something, I meant they really needed it. Your proposed E changes are good and will definitely help for the early ganks, however for him to be able to keep up to make use of this DPS that you added to his kit, he needs a W change as well. Both abilities need a buff, not just a small value change to each.

Venowolf

02-17-2014

An actually problem in his Q is that Skarner need to hit a Q to refresh the stacks of speed, this is very frustating because now you can't push the towers like the old Skarner, I suggest refresh the stacks of speed that Skarner have in the moment with every auto attack or slash that he lands. Not only with the slash like the actual Skarner, this also help him in a 1 vs 1 figth because if Skarner runs out of mana his stack of atack speed can't refresh because he can't land a new crystal slash (Q). This also helps to keep more the amount of mana in the early game when Skarner don't have the Spirit Stone. So please help's Skarner fixed this, he need to refresh his stack of speed with every autoattack and crystal slash, and after 3 seconds the stacks goes down.

Raiyn

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryFurball View Post
Scruffy, honest question.

Do you even know what you're doing?

Additional question, how easy was it to get a job at Riot? Seems like I'd have to just waltz in and say I'm in, because your knowledge of balance and healthy & fun gameplay is utter bullsh*t.

I really hate to be this disrespectful, but you're doing a hell of a sh*tty job with everything relating to Skarner.

QFT. I'm not usually so disrespectful to Reds in my posts - or I try not to be...but this is ludicrous. What the heck is he thinking? These comments from him are filled with utter balance philosophy nonsense! Its like Skarner is being put into his own world and ignored in regards to how he actually worked and works in the game.

Edit: The post below me shows some hope that Scruffy may buff all aspects of the kit and not just one i.e. CC at the cost of another as Scruffy has been suggesting throughout the thread.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

02-17-2014
19 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexalyte View Post
Tbh, it shouldn't be a super minor buff to each of them. When I said they both needed something, I meant they really needed it. Your proposed E changes are good and will definitely help for the early ganks, however for him to be able to keep up to make use of this DPS that you added to his kit, he needs a W change as well. Both abilities need a buff, not just a small value change to each.
Definitely, I'm mostly asking where we should put the power considering he will be getting some buffs.

Bizaro

02-17-2014

Quote:
Definitely, I'm mostly asking where we should put the power considering he will be getting some buffs.
scruffl; HE NEEDS ALOT MORE CC

Hexalyte

02-17-2014

Quote:
The buff on the W and E to increase sticking power, so he can apply the DPS. (Honestly, a cooldown nerf would really help).

NeoBluereaper

02-17-2014

Quote:
More power should be thrown into how he gets to the target rather than the CC elements as his big thing once on a target is to Ultimate them.

I found it really frustrating as skarner trying to get to targets with the wind up speed boost and just getting hit by slows and other cc effects. Would it be good to make him CC immune while his shield is up (Aka a morgana shield but any damage can remove it)? While reducing the power in his slow (if not remove it).

For slows skarner can just get items to help with slowing the targets.