Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maulkrieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke64 View Post
Still makes it too hard to escape after the 4th cast, which is apparently all that matters despite the myriad of opportunities to avoid the situation in the first place.
It doesn't matter after the 4th cast.

What's important is that they had plenty of time to get out before it ramped up. Look at Darius. Their excuse for his permaslow is he has to build bleed stacks. He also has more CC and does more damage while building tank.

No shield or MS steroid without getting bleed stacks on people, but he far surpasses Skarner's mobility, damage, and control after he gets 4 stacks, which is as simple as catching one person and going ham or just using Q or E in the middle of a teamfight.

MajorPain9

02-17-2014

Bump.

Cuxman

02-17-2014

Looks like we get nothing more here.

As I sad, itís easier to have one more Urgot than to admit that six month of work leaded into a failure.
Especially for a champion who had so few fans.

Dark days for us as customers!

FurryFurball

02-17-2014

If you're not gonna revert this awful rework ever, can you at least refund my Earthrune Skarner?

Seriously. If you're not gonna give his permaslow back, at least replace his E with a cool burrow ability people have been suggesting. That would make me play him again.

Can you please admit that you made a mistake, and fix said mistake? Or is your nonexistent ego too precious for you to lose?

Lavasioth

02-17-2014

RiotScruffy doesn't seem to have the balls to admit that this rework went wrong and that it should be reverted. Pissed off all the old Skarner players and now Skarner is so terrible he won't get any new main players. He took away the main thing we loved about Skarner and made his abilities have no cohesion.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

02-17-2014
16 of 28 Riot Posts

Hey quick update about PBE changes. They wont be up today but should be on pbe later this week. This is the tentative changelist

-E slow increased from 30/35/40/45/50 to 52/54/56/58/60%
-E missile width increased slightly
-E missile speed increased slightly
-E mana cost reduced by 10

These changes are WIP so they may be adjusted after testing and feedback. The main problems we're trying to solve with these are:
-His early game is weak from both not having a strong 1 point ability and weak pre 6 ganks. 1 point in E should hopefully make him a better ganker pre 6.
-Soften up the difficulty of landing the E missile slightly to match the power of its effect
-Generally push his power back into a more CC focused space

These numbers may seem crazy, but as a first pass I think this will really help Skarner out in terms of viability.

FurryFurball

02-17-2014

So uh.

Yeah.

Dem number tweaks.

._.

EDIT: The more I see rioters post, the more I lose hope in League ever getting better.

Genow

02-17-2014

now just make his W ramp up over 2 S, not 3

MajorPain9

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey quick update about PBE changes. They wont be up today but should be on pbe later this week. This is the tentative changelist

These changes are WIP so they may be adjusted after testing and feedback. The main problems we're trying to solve with these are:
-His early game is weak from both not having a strong 1 point ability and weak pre 6 ganks. 1 point in E should hopefully make him a better ganker pre 6.
-Soften up the difficulty of landing the E missile slightly to match the power of its effect

These numbers may seem crazy, but as a first pass I think this will really help Skarner out in terms of viability.
Not going to change anything. Still way to high of a cooldown. Once you get to the target there is no way to stay with them to enjoy the attack speed increase seeing as how it takes 6 seconds to ramp up. But I do appreciate you sticking with this thread for what its worth.

Dfenestrator

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post

This work out better than what I'm imagining, but I'm still skeptical that this will be enough to put him on the same level as other strong junglers (e.g. Vi).

EDIT: What the guy above me said. He still doesn't seem to have the (reliable) sticking power necessary to really do much still, but I'll have to see what 'slightly' increasing missile speed and width really means.