Which of Syndra's combos goes through Yasuo's Wind Wall?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyaNerd

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
When using Force of Will Syndra attempts to drag the grabbed object to a point a couple of hundred units behind her right hand. If you throw the object before it gets there and/or are moving away from the object it will be a bit further away on top of that (~350 units from memory at a pretty standard movement speed if dragging something behind you). Since the throw takes place from the object's current location, not Syndra's, it's possible, though not particularly common, to do things like the above mentioned throw avoiding Windwall.
Copied from my last post

Okay I just tested it in a custom game. My friend Q'ed in yasuo's side of the wind wall, and Force the Will still hit me since he quickly just picked it up and dropped it. Scatter the Weak did not hit me when the Q was on yasuo's side of the wall.

Kira Onime

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoukansha Ichi View Post
You know there isn't a Z axis in League.

And it causes visual inconsistencies such as this.

Gidor

02-15-2014

Hey Meddler since you're on the forums can we talk about Lissandra for bit? Shes kind of the weak side/has too many bad match ups.

Shes not even a niche champion because there is no particular niche she fills and you can easily find champions that do similar things but better.

Any chance of her getting changes anytime soon? Perhaps something like removing the slow from Q but adding range and reducing the cooldown would make her a significantly better champion.

Super Explosion

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira Onime View Post
And it causes visual inconsistencies such as this.
But apparently Fizz ult and Olaf axe aren't blocked.

Shoukansha Ichi

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
When using Force of Will Syndra attempts to drag the grabbed object to a point a couple of hundred units behind her right hand. If you throw the object before it gets there and/or are moving away from the object it will be a bit further away on top of that (~350 units from memory at a pretty standard movement speed if dragging something behind you). Since the throw takes place from the object's current location, not Syndra's, it's possible, though not particularly common, to do things like the above mentioned throw avoiding Windwall.
I was 100% sure she doesn't throw the object based on its location. If I cast W where it's floating it still has a cast time because she pulls it to her and throws in an arcing motion. I remember thinking if I double tapped W I could get an instant hit but it doesn't work like that.

Thryale

02-15-2014

So, yasuo's windwall destroys projectiles, and a grabbed unit is a projectile when syndra throw's it. Who would get blue buff if syndra throw's blue buff and it get's destroyed by yasuo's wind wall?

Akuni

02-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Meddler, just add Black King Bar to the game rather than this ability.

I mean, the same block/doesn't block ambiguity is there now.

And at least bkb has a long cooldown, mostly doesn't protect teammates, requires investment gold, and may tend to not invalidate entire characters (Ashe).
Eh I can feel your pain. Was playing Nami yesterday in an ARAM, ulted just to see a frikkin tidal wave being blocked by a tiny untraited windwall which isn't half as wide as the wave. Feels really fair when your ultimate get's nulled by something which clearly shouldn't do so (Feelwise due to particle width and oomph).
The whole windwall thing is awful, I really hate that ability by now. Yes I can reposition and shoot from sideways etc but it has like what, a 20sec cd to pop every projectile through it's duration. It feels so overpowered as a non-ultimate ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
But apparently Fizz ult and Olaf axe aren't blocked.
They are. Fizz ult and Olaf's axe will land where the wall is instead of going through. Other projektiles get nulled entirely.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

02-16-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thryale View Post
So, yasuo's windwall destroys projectiles, and a grabbed unit is a projectile when syndra throw's it. Who would get blue buff if syndra throw's blue buff and it get's destroyed by yasuo's wind wall?
Thrown minions fall to the ground at the base of the wall, rather than getting destroyed like a missile.

Tamamo No Mae

02-17-2014

Because Logic.
It's a fantasy world, based in a physical worlds where adjustments are made to reflect such a world.
Yet such rules do not apply ( Such as blocking physical mass thrown at exceedingly powerful forces > Wind?)

They do whatever. Ignore it.

Akuni

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirenCorpsKnight View Post
Because Logic.
It's a fantasy world, based in a physical worlds where adjustments are made to reflect such a world.
Yet such rules do not apply ( Such as blocking physical mass thrown at exceedingly powerful forces > Wind?)

They do whatever. Ignore it.
I'll take that directed at me, so:
Because a ~20sec cd BASIC ability should be allowed to block a ultimate which is only allowed to deal a lit of damage after ~2sec channeltime (Cait). She can't move to change the angle aswell. Meanwhile Windwall is instant AND removes projectiles even when aligned in line with the ability (Because a wave can't pass there due to a 2cm windwall)...
Don't try the "it's fantasy" argument while it's obvously so unbalanced and random. Ults should get refunded cd-wise. It should not be a "I get out of jail card"