Please answer this question!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoorSinious

02-15-2014

I know this may be a stupid question and you might be thinking how the hell do you not know this but ok I don't thats why I need you to answer 1 simple question. Why are people in like the diamond or challenger tears buying 2 Doran's (blade, shield, ring) example: mid, adc, and top.

BuboBubo

Business Analyst

02-15-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Dorans items are a really good value (stats per gold) for the trade-off that they don't build into anything .

Higher skilled players are really good because they capitalize on even small advantages. So buying a second doran's item gives them a slight edge earlier in the game, which they can use to get ahead and snowball to victory.

HollowxIchigo

02-15-2014

I too was also wondering this because I had an adc buy like 5 dorans and got mad when I asked him why.

MephyRunsAllDay

02-15-2014

5 is a bit too much. At most 3 if you either want maximum lane pressure or is really struggling and can't buy anything else.

Burn the Witches

02-15-2014

2 is average
3 at most

I Surge I

02-15-2014

Only if you're a champ who thrives on early game.

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephyRunsAllDay View Post
5 is a bit too much. At most 3 if you either want maximum lane pressure or is really struggling and can't buy anything else.
The only time i build more than 2 is when I play Teemo vs Yorick, i go 4 dorans blades into runnans hurricane, it helps me win trades vs his ghouls