Why is gold So toxic

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Dunkmaster

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Hi. Thanks for playing our game. Speaking personally for a moment, I like that I can do this as a career instead of something I don't enjoy. So thanks. No seriously, being a game designer is fun, and it's impossible without players that like games you have worked on.
What's a day like of being a game designer? What skills do I need and what actually happens?

I'm going to a college in Cambridge (UK) this year or the next and i'm taking a course which covers game design and programs like UDK/3DS Max and such.

I read the riot game design application, need to know more!

EDIT - Link to the course i'm hoping to take - http://www.camre.ac.uk/course-search...ar%20Programme

TheNaughtyLemur

02-15-2014

Zileas, whats your favorite aspect of your job? Is it the game itself, the people you work with, the stuff you work on, or those who enjoy the game? Or anything in between?

Faceplosion

02-15-2014

Quote:
Hi. Thanks for playing our game. Speaking personally for a moment, I like that I can do this as a career instead of something I don't enjoy. So thanks. No seriously, being a game designer is fun, and it's impossible without players that like games you have worked on.
You get payed to troll on the forums, play an awesome game which you get to help design and get your hands on all the newest features, and you do all this while from a VP post so you get tons of money. I'm pretty sure that even Obama is jealous of the way you live. Congrats on an epic life Zileas.

HollowxIchigo

02-15-2014

I like it when you guys can have a sense of humor with us and the fact that most of us dont get hurt or offened we just sit here and lol at our screen. Every other game I've played the employees were like robots. All they did was strictly answer questions and leave. Between matches I like to just read forums especially with Zileas because I love the humor and sarcasm.

Best KhaZix Void

02-15-2014

Zileas just delivered the open hand slap of God to OP.
Somebody sticky this thread, this glorious battlefield should be memorialized.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-15-2014
4 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaughtyLemur View Post
Zileas, whats your favorite aspect of your job? Is it the game itself, the people you work with, the stuff you work on, or those who enjoy the game? Or anything in between?
I guess I'm supposed to say the game or the people, and I do like those things a lot, but it's actually the diversity of problems that comes from dealing with all of the above. I do love though the type of work culture we have, the types of people we hire, and that our mission is aligned to something I find a lot of enjoyment in personally (league of legends, and games in general).

Häßlich

02-16-2014

Quote:
As much as my "I look forward to a day where..." reply sounds sarcastic or angry (it kind of is), those are all legitimate things that bother me with this game. Are there any plans to address any/some of those?

Btw, I'm actually happy for you that you have a job you love. I would wish that upon anyone. Being happy is probably the best thing we can ask for in life.

Faceplosion

02-16-2014

Quote:
I guess I'm supposed to say the game or the people, and I do like those things a lot, but it's actually the diversity of problems that comes from dealing with all of the above. I do love though the type of work culture we have, the types of people we hire, and that our mission is aligned to something I find a lot of enjoyment in personally (league of legends, and games in general).
So if a person is interested in getting into game design, what should they do? What kind of education and training would you look for when hiring someone for game design? What kind of people would you like to see working on game design?

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-16-2014
5 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dunkmaster View Post
What's a day like of being a game designer? What skills do I need and what actually happens?

I'm going to a college in Cambridge (UK) this year or the next and i'm taking a course which covers game design and programs like UDK/3DS Max and such.

I read the riot game design application, need to know more!

EDIT - Link to the course i'm hoping to take - http://www.camre.ac.uk/course-search...ar%20Programme
For entry level in game design, we mostly look for exceptional critical thinking skills, concise, meaningful communication skills, a strong game background (broad games played), and if possible, deep experience in League of Legends.

TheNaughtyLemur

02-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceplosion View Post
So if a person is interested in getting into game design, what should they do? What kind of education and training would you look for when hiring someone for game design? What kind of people would you like to see working on game design?
Cool ones

1234567 ... 8