Which of Syndra's combos goes through Yasuo's Wind Wall?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naga

02-15-2014

It's timing of the ball/E combo.
I feel I have mastered Syndra and I am confident against Yasuo like 70% of the time.. I know her skill set well enough to sneak my stun in before the wall makes a difference or move around enough :3

Super Explosion

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Syndra can spawn Dark Spheres behind a Windwall, her W/E/R shots won't go through it however.
Meddler, just add Black King Bar to the game rather than this ability.

I mean, the same block/doesn't block ambiguity is there now.

And at least bkb has a long cooldown, mostly doesn't protect teammates, requires investment gold, and may tend to not invalidate entire characters (Ashe).

CyaNerd

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga View Post
It's timing of the ball/E combo.
So if Syndra's Q E combo is started before the wind wall is placed, does it hit since you pick something up and throw it to a ground location?

Kira Onime

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Syndra can spawn Dark Spheres behind a Windwall, her W/E/R shots won't go through it however.

Theoretically it would be possible to damage a target behind a Windwall with something thrown by W if you were able to position the thing you were dragging around/then throwing so that it's starting point for the W recast was already through the wall (the cast's from the Sphere/minion's position, not Syndra's). Really tricky to pull off and very niche, might be relevant occasionally if being chased by a Yasuo though.

SO the windwall blocks something that visually goes over it?

That makes total sens and is not confusing at all.

Shoukansha Ichi

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira Onime View Post
SO the windwall blocks something that visually goes over it?

That makes total sens and is not confusing at all.
You know there isn't a Z axis in League.

Naga

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoukansha Ichi View Post
You know there isn't a Z axis in League.
Syndra's ball goes up and over I'm pretty sure? From the wrong angle it may be blocked?

Quote:
So if Syndra's Q E combo is started before the wind wall is placed, does it hit since you pick something up and throw it to a ground location?
If you put the ball down on the other side of where the wall will be, wall starts being cast, quickly cast E, sometimes it goes through. If you're slow it blocks and you look silly :B I can normally squeeze the ult in before the wall is dropped as well just with good timing/paying attn and that can also be blocked and be very embarrassing.

CyaNerd

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga View Post
Syndra's ball goes up and over I'm pretty sure? From the wrong angle it may be blocked?

If you put the ball down on the other side of where the wall will be, wall starts being cast, quickly cast E, sometimes it goes through. If you're slow it blocks and you look silly :B I can normally squeeze the ult in before the wall is dropped as well just with good timing/paying attn and that can also be blocked and be very embarrassing.
Okay thanks, I can usually block half the ult because the stun is so long that I can't get my wall off fast enough

Naga

02-15-2014

also the ball/stun goes further if she's leveling stun first so that's something to keep in mind

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

02-15-2014
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoukansha Ichi View Post
Syndra pulls the object and throws it from her location though. I doubt it would do that.
When using Force of Will Syndra attempts to drag the grabbed object to a point a couple of hundred units behind her right hand. If you throw the object before it gets there and/or are moving away from the object it will be a bit further away on top of that (~350 units from memory at a pretty standard movement speed if dragging something behind you). Since the throw takes place from the object's current location, not Syndra's, it's possible, though not particularly common, to do things like the above mentioned throw avoiding Windwall.

CyaNerd

02-15-2014

Okay I just tested it in a custom game. My friend Q'ed in yasuo's side of the wind wall, and Force the Will still hit me since he quickly just picked it up and dropped it. Scatter the Weak did not hit me when the Q was on yasuo's side of the wall.