Which of Syndra's combos goes through Yasuo's Wind Wall?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyaNerd

02-15-2014

I've played Yasuo vs. Syndra twice now and I still can't tell what goes through it and what doesn't. I know her Q is a ground shot so she can spawn it anywhere, but her Force of Will seems to hit me even with the wall up. I'm not sure the mechanics of these 2 skills interacting (like if Syndra walks passed the wall even if she initially spawned the Q>W behind it, she can still hit it. Or does it go over the wall somehow? Maybe if she uses Q and then W's her Q which is already in front of the wall it still hits?). I know her Scatter the Weak and her Ult are stopped by it easily, but if she uses her Q and then scatters the Q which is in front of the wall, does it still work?

Basically, do her W and E work on the Q that is in FRONT of the wind wall already? Or does her W go over/around the wall?

Avraham

02-15-2014

I think only her R isn't blocked. not sure about that.

ExiIed Morgana

02-15-2014

I think it blocks her W, E, and R. Not sure about W, because it probably wouldn't block a minion, but I'm pretty sure it blocks her E and R (the flying ball part of her E).

Fyrindr

02-15-2014

I do believe her E bypasses your windwall because the projectiles are actually counted as minions, sort of like Jarvans standard or Zyras seed. I could be wrong, so don't rely on this information.

Sorioku

02-15-2014

I think everything that isn't q.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

02-15-2014
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Syndra can spawn Dark Spheres behind a Windwall, her W/E/R shots won't go through it however.

Theoretically it would be possible to damage a target behind a Windwall with something thrown by W if you were able to position the thing you were dragging around/then throwing so that it's starting point for the W recast was already through the wall (the cast's from the Sphere/minion's position, not Syndra's). Really tricky to pull off and very niche, might be relevant occasionally if being chased by a Yasuo though.

TenSlashTen

02-15-2014

Q

CyaNerd

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Syndra can spawn Dark Spheres behind a Windwall, her W/E/R shots won't go through it however.

Theoretically it would be possible to damage a target behind a Windwall with something thrown by W if you were able to position the thing you were dragging around/then throwing so that it's starting point for the W recast was already through the wall (the cast's from the Sphere/minion's position, not Syndra's). Really tricky to pull off and very niche, might be relevant occasionally if being chased by a Yasuo though.
What about if Yasuo cast's his wind wall in the middle of Syndra's Force of Will animation, because I'm 95% sure that she was still hitting me with it while I had my wind wall up

ExiIed Morgana

02-15-2014

Quote:

So it would stop a minion flying through the wall? Interesting.

Shoukansha Ichi

02-15-2014

Quote:

Syndra pulls the object and throws it from her location though. I doubt it would do that.