2013 Riot points rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DontHassleDaHoff

CRM Manager

02-13-2014
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshihik0 View Post
hopeless bump.
Toshihik0 - I'd love to give you the complete details, but I don't want to mislead anyone here. What I can tell you, is that regardless of what server you're on, your support will be recognized, even after you transfered.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vortex IV

Senior Member

02-13-2014

So.. around 2015?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragon Swain

Member

02-13-2014

Thanks riot! And I mean that in the most sincere and honest way possible!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

50West

Senior Member

02-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontHassleDaHoff View Post
On a scale of awesomeness I would say it's up there with an 11 Yordle scout squad given too much caffeine and free time. It's going to be awesome (at least we're trying to make it that way).

But on a serious note, I don't want to spoil too much. As Moons posted back on page two, we have some ideas around this and we're currently getting feedback from some of our players. There are a lot of variables in play here, and if you look through the threads, they echo some of our concerns:
- don't alienate the players between those that have spent a lot vs. not a lot
- account for those of you that have spent "abnormal amounts" (quoting Kay911kay) vs. those that have spent less.
- most importantly don't suck

Our initial thought on this back on 2012, was to give our fans different Summoner icons, but that was at a time when icons weren't readily available and as Lavasioth pointed out - icons won't do.

Other details around tiers, rewards, and timing, are still under review.
If the whole premise of these gifts are to reward those people based on how much money they've spent than that inherently alienates people. Might as well get that out and make it clear to everyone now.

I do think there should be substantially different rewards for those people that have spent very little as opposed to those that have spent a lot (~$150-200+).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cephas

Member

02-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50West View Post
If the whole premise of these gifts are to reward those people based on how much money they've spent than that inherently alienates people. Might as well get that out and make it clear to everyone now.

I do think there should be substantially different rewards for those people that have spent very little as opposed to those that have spent a lot (~$150-200+).
And why should alienating those who have spent little to no RP be of any concern? If someone spent $5 on RP, I think its safe to say they don't deserve the same rewards as those of us who have spent hundreds. And even more so if they haven't purchased any RP at all. Should RIOT give me a consolation prize for not having jumped on the BETA train so I missed out on King Rammus, Black Alistar, etc? Or for not inviting players so I don't get Medeival Twitch and Grey WW? Absolutely not, because I didn't earn those rewards. I missed out on the Urf skin for WW simply because I chose not to buy RP and no matter how hard I wished I bought it back then, nothing I can do about it now. Thats just the way it is.

EDIT: I see now after rereading that you were simply trying to clarify the point that different tier rewards are necessary as opposed to complaining that different tier rewards will make other people feel left out. My apologies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Green Ezreal

Senior Member

02-14-2014

So im guessing pre paid cards dont count :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nemesis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE SIMON View Post
And why should alienating those who have spent little to no RP be of any concern? If someone spent $5 on RP, I think its safe to say they don't deserve the same rewards as those of us who have spent hundreds. And even more so if they haven't purchased any RP at all. Should RIOT give me a consolation prize for not having jumped on the BETA train so I missed out on King Rammus, Black Alistar, etc? Or for not inviting players so I don't get Medeival Twitch and Grey WW? Absolutely not, because I didn't earn those rewards. I missed out on the Urf skin for WW simply because I chose not to buy RP and no matter how hard I wished I bought it back then, nothing I can do about it now. Thats just the way it is.
Supporting riot is optional, why do you want more just because YOU chose to spend more?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cephas

Member

02-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Ezreal View Post
So im guessing pre paid cards dont count :/
As mentioned before, they do. Any purchase of RP counts whether its via paypal, card, prepaid card, etc. I would assume that the only exceptions would be those who were gifted RP from friends or RP rewards previously given out by RIOT for good behavior and such.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viral Nightmare

Senior Member

02-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Supporting riot is optional, why do you want more just because YOU chose to spend more?
Because karma. Those who spend more are supporting Riot better than those who spend less, and should get at least an added bonus of some sort.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freaky Eighty

Senior Member

02-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackier View Post
every time a rioter says they don't wanna spoil, nothing ever happens ._.
Pretty much this...