@riot Was the fizz change from invulnerable to un-targeable intentional?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borunks

02-13-2014

riot pls

I Am Tolan

02-13-2014

thats the same thing.

fibblins

02-13-2014

it's a bug affecting all untargetable-type abilties

Attila22

02-13-2014

"Untargetability was toxic so we removed it"

- Riot, tomorrow

MephyRunsAllDay

02-13-2014

No, its a bug.

Marenjii

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDuoSucksD View Post
thats the same thing.
Being invulnerable means you won't even take DoT, untargetable means you still will.

Alphazonex

02-13-2014

I guess I'll be honest. I never truly understood why being "untargetable" should make one completely immune to AOE abilties. Abilities that require to select a target, like any of Ryze's abilities for example; I understand why Untargetable would making them immune to.

Abilities like Fiddle ult, Amumu ult,Galio ult, Ashe ult, etc etc boggle my mind that being "untargetable" saves the champion from that.

For example stealth is exactly how untargetable should work in my opinion. You can't target the stealthed champion, but AOE abilities can still hit them.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

02-13-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We're currently looking into a bug where untargetability effects are not destroying missiles inbound for a target that's just become untargetable (Fizz's E, Vlad's W etc) which is the issue you're seeing and not something intentional. That isn't an issue for Zhonya's Hourglass, since it also grants invulnerability, most of the untargetability effects do not also make the target immune to damage however, just very difficult to apply damage to in the first place.

Egswg

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphazonex View Post
I guess I'll be honest. I never truly understood why being "untargetable" should make one completely immune to AOE abilties. Abilities that require to select a target, like any of Ryze's abilities for example; I understand why Untargetable would making them immune to.

Abilities like Fiddle ult, Amumu ult,Galio ult, Ashe ult, etc etc boggle my mind that being "untargetable" saves the champion from that.

For example stealth is exactly how untargetable should work. You can't target the stealthed champion, but AOE abilities can still hit them.
i think untargetable is a simple way of saying

"basically zonyas, but ignite / dots will still do damage"

Sacredbeef

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We're currently looking into a bug where untargetability effects are not destroying missiles inbound for a target that's just become untargetable (Fizz's E, Vlad's W etc) which is the issue you're seeing and not something intentional. That isn't an issue for Zhonya's Hourglass, since it also grants invulnerability, most of the untargetability effects do not also make the target immune to damage however, just very difficult to apply damage to in the first place.
Popping projectiles is stupid anyways

You guys removed it from Vlads W because it was over powered... and then you released Fizz and said "oh Vlads W was always suppose to be able to do that, that's a bug" And then you released Elise