Did Sivir and Cassiopeia open Xerath's tomb?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

02-03-2014

Quote:
The expedition proved to be more than Sivir and Cassiopeia bargained for. The ancient tomb held neither the treasure Cassiopeia had promised, nor the weapon she coveted. Despite Sivir's warnings, the Noxian flung open the door to the entombed vault, setting events in motion that would change not just Sivir's life, but all of Shurima forever.
Cassiopeia is listed as one of Xerath's friends.

Although to say that Cassiopeia didn't find the weapon she yearned for is a stretch. Xerath is definitely a weapon.

SecretLore

02-03-2014

Yeah it is pretty likely that xerath was imprisoned there,or it was a completely new champ who is not out yet.

I think it is even possible that nasus and renekton will be retconned into being guardians of xerath or something like that,because renekton is also listed as a friend of xerath and cassio

Placentas

02-03-2014

I thought it might be Xerath at first too, but I'm starting to think it might be Vel Koz

PhoenixSlayer13

02-04-2014

Either Xerath or a portal to the Void, like in Icathia and (possibly) Freljord.

EchoezOfRain

02-09-2014

The thing about Xerath though, didn't he free himself due to his own power wearing down his sarcophagus?

then again, you said cassiopeia was listed as a friend of Xerath...I don't find Xerath the type to make friends since he is basically a being of ultimate energy and power

Foolish Lantern

02-09-2014

Xerath broke free on his own, yes, but it is not outside the realm of possibility that interference from Sivir and Cassiopeia sped things along. This is all speculation, but if Xerath's kit rework comes with new lore, we will hopefully be able to confirm these suspicions or be proven very wrong.

kitae

Lead Designer

02-13-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Nothing to see here...move along....

Spectre3694

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Confirmed.

Malah

02-13-2014

That would written far too seamlessly to be part of LoL's recent batch of lore rewrites.

Motajo

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Wow, we haven't had a red post in this forum for ages