Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NobSaiboot

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceBox TERA View Post
He was balanced before, he was actually perfectly balanced in lane and in the jungle, he was totally viable if you took the time to learn him.

Now he's underpowered, he's absolutely outclassed by every other jungler and brings nothing unique to the table, he's even more mana hungry now and lane skarner no longer has sustain so he's out of the question as well.

We're complaining because he didn't need a re-work, but they gave him one anyways and when they did they also nerfed him.
Yet the entire point of this thread is to buff him... Better get buttmad because he's doing his job. -GD

You people are f*cking stupid sometimes I swear.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

02-13-2014
6 of 29 Riot Posts

This thread is about follow up, and we are actively looking to improve the changes to make them something that Skarner players and all players are satisfied with.

The most frequent complaint I'm seeing is that a lot of the CC power that was core to Skarner's appeal is lowered, and that it's something that is core to his identity. So, with balance changes aside for the Skarner followup, this is something that we can try to bring back. His current pattern has more dueling/fighting power but less CC, but we can shift some of his power back into more impactful CC that will bring him closer to CC tank role that he had before.

Edit: if this is not a direction that you would like to see more of Skarner's power shifted into that is ok too, I'm collecting feedback.

Vlaadokash

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
This thread is about follow up, and we are actively looking to improve the changes to make them something that Skarner players and all players are satisfied with.

The most frequent complaint I'm seeing is that a lot of the CC power that was core to Skarner's appeal is lowered, and that it's something that is core to his identity. So, with balance changes aside for the Skarner followup, this is something that we can try to bring back. His current pattern has more dueling/fighting power but less CC, but we can shift some of his power back into more impactful CC that will bring him closer to CC tank role that he had before.
can you please address my post on page 29. It would be appreciated

Zartikus

02-13-2014

We need a response to the fact that you removed what made skarner unique - his permanent slow in melee range.

The second post of this thread would be a great change - a small stun on the mark from the E, with some other modifications

Skarners rework is just lack of flavor, lack of foresight, lack of followthrough. It's just amazing that this went live.

I'd much rather play pre-rework skarner - he was fun.

NobSaiboot

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartikus View Post
We need a response to the fact that you removed what made skarner unique - his permanent slow in melee range.

The second post of this thread would be a great change - a small stun on the mark from the E, with some other modifications

Skarners rework is just lack of flavor, lack of foresight, lack of followthrough. It's just amazing that this went live.

I'd much rather play pre-rework skarner - he was fun.
Which. Is. Why. They. Made. This. Thread.

Maulkrieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2014

Scruffy was being too arrogant with his design. When people said NO DON'T DO THAT he went and did it anyway, thinking he knew better.

He didn't even attempt to preserve any aspect of Skarner that people enjoyed.

Instead he said 'lol let's take away the constant slow that enables his kit to work and make it a single slow that marginally better than one of the slows that makes up the string of slows he throws on you....oh, and let's nerf his MS buff too.

Vlaadokash

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post

unfortunately this has not actually been addressed. Scruffy just keeps posting "we can buff him now" for upvotes. Any comment he has made about the actual changes has been massively downvoted

Maulkrieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post
Scruffy's not listening though. He's prancing around saying "HAHA I'M RIGHT. NOTHING YOU SAY CAN MAKE ME CHANGE MY MIND. WE MIGHT GIVE MINOR BUFFS IN 2 MONTHS OR SO."

Sir Puffy

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backup4now View Post
I wonder if the reds are even reading all of these responses. Scruff should make a post containing a summary of what he's collected from all of these responses.
Scruffy takes no f*cking criticism to his reworks, he ignores everything that isn't praising his work and then he later says "I got plenty of positive feedback, yadda yadda yadda".

Scruffy needs to just quit his job.

SharkPiledriver

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebar1 View Post
i am currently in bronze v taric's strap ons, and i used to main skarner going through every game in season 2 and i would like it if the old rework got fixed like severely autistic has stated.
rofl.