@Morello, can we talk briefly about Mordekaiser?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2014
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Commando Yi View Post
can you do something about the hp costs? It doesn't make sense that a champion with such a small hp pool eats up 175 of his own hp with one spell rotation late game

he is forced to build spell vamp every game just so that he doesn't kill himself

it's bad enough that he draws the attention of every single jungler
I like HP costs as a mechanic on mana-less, but might be able to massage here.

Hallows Evelynn

02-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
most champs have a built in sustain in the form of a heal/LS, or HP regen when there resource is based on HP(zac, aatrox, mundo, vlad) which also makes there HP resource kind of pointless and null. i think morde is the only one who doesnt have built in sustain to make up for this. this means he is the only one who is FORCED to build vamp of some kind to make up for his HP losses.

i mean u dont see zac building spell vamp, and aatrox builds LS just out of the fact that he can, but not as a necessity.

vlad can actually get away with not building spell vamp because of his Q as long as you are managing his costs.

Hellioning

02-12-2014

Quote:
I'm fine with the idea of health costs, but Morde (and Vlad) are the entire reasons that spellvamp is a terrible stat. Morde is, I think, unique amongst health cost champions in that he's the only one that cannot heal himself without items, runes, or masteries. Mundo has his ult, Vlad has his Q, Olaf has built in lifesteal, etc. I'd be fine with removing the health costs if it meant that you could make spellvamp useful again.

DrThatOneGuy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2014

Just as a comment on lane interaction, I went mid against a Kassadin not long ago and my response was a resounding "Haha, nope!" I then proceeded to farm wraiths and wolves (with my jungler's permission) and clear the wave at mid when it got too close to tower. By the time teamfights came around I was itemized enough to be a hefty threat.

The Kass wasn't exactly great, but the point remains. My entire strategy of lane interaction was to ignore my lane until it was absolutely necessary, then farm the minions like a good Mordekaiser should.

Hallows Evelynn

02-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrThatOneGuy View Post
Just as a comment on lane interaction, I went mid against a Kassadin not long ago and my response was a resounding "Haha, nope!" I then proceeded to farm wraiths and wolves (with my jungler's permission) and clear the wave at mid when it got too close to tower. By the time teamfights came around I was itemized enough to be a hefty threat.

The Kass wasn't exactly great, but the point remains. My entire strategy of lane interaction was to ignore my lane until it was absolutely necessary, then farm the minions like a good Mordekaiser should.
most champs do that tho when they are in a counter lane or behind. i do it on diana alot when im behind.

FatedTitan

02-12-2014

Quote:

I like HP Costs on manaless champs too. So let's give it to Yasuo because I haven't seen the negative he's getting from a lack of mana. In fact, it seems that no mana gives most champs a superior advantage in all facets of the game. Mundo eats health, but his regen counters it so hard that it's negligible. Vladimir eats health, but his kit has built in sustain to make it negligible.

When will there be a manaless champ with an actual downside to having no mana, because so far, it's just making mana champs that much weaker.

BANGERZ PLEASE

02-12-2014

Quote:
So easy to fix Morde. When he has shield, his abilities use the shield first instead of his health.

Make his E or Q a mini stun so at least when get gets ganked or fights, he has a hard cc but isn't gamebreaking op like a 500 range dash. Or have Q be a stun, E slows so he doesnt have to rely on rylas.

Hallows Evelynn

02-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
I like HP Costs on manaless champs too. So let's give it to Yasuo because I haven't seen the negative he's getting from a lack of mana. In fact, it seems that no mana gives most champs a superior advantage in all facets of the game. Mundo eats health, but his regen counters it so hard that it's negligible. Vladimir eats health, but his kit has built in sustain to make it negligible.

When will there be a manaless champ with an actual downside to having no mana, because so far, it's just making mana champs that much weaker.
yasuo is a prime example of a brokenly overpowered champion. his passive alone gives him atleast 10k worth of gold.

and if u think im overexageration, lets look at the cost of the 50% extra crit he gets from only 2 items and the free 700 dmg shield he gets for doing nothing except moving around.

Schtauffenz

02-12-2014

Quote:
Good bumps!

Right now, Mord has to dominate a lane HARD to make up for his lack of CC and need to push the lane (and expose to junglers) to survive. This basically makes a lane bully with some tradeoffs, but he scales down with the skill of enemy teamwork, as opposed to scaling with his own ability to play and lane.

Mordekaiser, imo, needs some interactivity in lane. His skills really don't allow for a lot of opportunities to act currently (that, and his W is really underwhelming and could be a really interesting ability). His shield mechanic could be leveraged better since it does have a lot of opportunity to create pacing for his lane.

His ult is really snowbally, but defining and cool. I think it's the most important skill to keep intact as much as possible.
I'm so excited that you guys are thinking about helping Mordekaiser out! He remains my favorite character in the game, even if I rarely play him nowadays due to his issues (sadpanda).

I'm glad you wanna keep R intact. The other thing that really defines him is his shield, so please keep that together as well (his siphon is nice too, but I'd be okay with both Q and W reworks/modifications/complete changes).

I'd really like to see him turn into a more solid mid AND top choice, with the option to build him tanky like back in S1. (My favorite build was something like Sunfire Cape, FoN, Randuins, Rylais. Sometimes two capes when they used to stack ).

/2cents

ScarPirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANGERZ PLEASE View Post
So easy to fix Morde. When he has shield, his abilities use the shield first instead of his health.

Make his E or Q a mini stun so at least when get gets ganked or fights, he has a hard cc but isn't gamebreaking op like a 500 range dash. Or have Q be a stun, E slows so he doesnt have to rely on rylas.
Heck, Just make his w a 15 percent slow, and give morde a 15 percent speed buff at max rank, and allow it to be placed on eniemies and allies