For the love of god i need help

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excited Buses

02-08-2014

Sorry, I'd help you, but I have no love for god.
Not after all the **** He (no woman could screw things up this bad) has and hasn't done.

mtrx034

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
Except that most people don't know enough people who play League to do that reliably. It's not like people are out there saying "hey, my four friends are on. should i play with them? nah, ill just play solo queue instead!"

That doesn't happen.

Of course, you know that. That fact is actually the entire point of your post. It's a convoluted way of telling OP to go to hell.

"Don't like our matchmaking? Don't use it! Eat a dick!"

Classy.
rly wish i could upvote this more than once

Pudii Pudii

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
It's also good advice. If he finds randomly assigned teammates hard to communicate with and frustrating, he SHOULD premake.
I don't think pre-mades are going to work too much for him either. Regardless if he plays with randoms or friends, if he starves his team of kills/gold then they will lose all the same. Even if he team does group up and they fight as 5, the enemy is going to CC him and kill him instantly and they will still lose the fight.

I wish there were ways for us to measure things in game besides CS, Kills, death and assists; it would really help people like the OP realize where his flaws are. He reminds me of a lot of my friends who play Kha'zix/Pantheon jungle and go 15/3/X and end up losing.

In their eyes they are playing good but to everyone else they are just taking gold from their team and putting it in one place which is never a good thing. For the current score we can't tell how many times he counter-ganked, how many dragons he secured, if he warded up and took control of dragon/baron at the appropriate times.

There is so much information that isn't shown that would help people like him that honestly don't know why "they play flawless matches and lose" even if there was a kill contribution % on the side. So the guy that's 1/6/17 as top lane won't be blamed for feeding simply because he wasn't able to secure any kills from his fed jungler.

Lykanthar

02-08-2014

IMO, theres plenty of guides and advice out there, but pretty much all of it is useless in this scenario. "CS better", "Just carry the noobs", "Stay positive" etc... doesn't actually help much even if it is good advice.

The best advice I think anyone can give is to know why you are playing in the first place. If you're playing normals it should be for fun and nothing else. Since you're playing for fun it doesn't really matter at all what your team does or how well they play. If your playing ranked it should be to improve your own play. Again, it still doesn't matter what your team does if you just focus on yourself.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-08-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudii Pudii View Post
I don't think pre-mades are going to work too much for him either. Regardless if he plays with randoms or friends, if he starves his team of kills/gold then they will lose all the same. Even if he team does group up and they fight as 5, the enemy is going to CC him and kill him instantly and they will still lose the fight.

I wish there were ways for us to measure things in game besides CS, Kills, death and assists; it would really help people like the OP realize where his flaws are. He reminds me of a lot of my friends who play Kha'zix/Pantheon jungle and go 15/3/X and end up losing.

In their eyes they are playing good but to everyone else they are just taking gold from their team and putting it in one place which is never a good thing. For the current score we can't tell how many times he counter-ganked, how many dragons he secured, if he warded up and took control of dragon/baron at the appropriate times.

There is so much information that isn't shown that would help people like him that honestly don't know why "they play flawless matches and lose" even if there was a kill contribution % on the side. So the guy that's 1/6/17 as top lane won't be blamed for feeding simply because he wasn't able to secure any kills from his fed jungler.
If he has a problem with his play, and he premakes, his premade teammates will actually be able to tell him that effectively (While randomly assigned teammates probably cant).

Raptoreyes

02-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I think you are a prime candidate for sticking to premades. You can control your team chemistry that way.

The real problem with this statement is you can't grind out IP fast enough for all the champs and runes you need by sticking only the premades. People are FORCED to go into the wilds in this game. As designers you should make the solo Q experience more fun in light of the need to grind out IP.

JaFaR Ironclad

02-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptoreyes View Post
The real problem with this statement is you can't grind out IP fast enough for all the champs and runes you need by sticking only the premades. People are FORCED to go into the wilds in this game. As designers you should make the solo Q experience more fun in light of the need to grind out IP.
They're working on it. It's called Team Builder.

Raptoreyes

02-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFaR Ironclad View Post
They're working on it. It's called Team Builder.
Team builder might be a solution or it will just make the abuse cases different. Its really hard to say how things will shake out. Those who will abuse the system will look for pain points or moments where they can impose their will on others nearly cost free. Riot is right to go slow on the development on this one but the real test won't come until it gets out of the PBE and the real trolls start digging into it for weaknesses.

The biggest problem is cherry picking even in normal mode. LOLKING and LoLnexus just allow people to be annoying pricks to those without a win ratio they like. The limit on kicking players by the team captain won't work as described especially in a 3-4 man team builder over skype trying to cherry pick a 4th or fifth person. Verbal abuse and just letting the timer tick should do the trick in avoiding having to kick people too many times.

People with the shortest time horizons for game creation (oh gawd I have time for one more game before I have to go to work) can already be forced to accept situations they don't like. Team builder could exacerbate that. People with nothing but time on their hands can increase thier win rate simply by refusing to play and badgering "sub par ppl" off their rosters without kicking them until everything is perfect. Five years ago computers could not multi task so well but now you can just wait out anybody who is not totally obedient to your will as a captain provided your a kid with nothing but time on your hands.

Team builder should go through but the potential for the experiment to go wrong if even one or two things are not policed via mechanics is HUGE. Still I applaud Riot for going this wrote as hard a road as it is the current champ select does not work worth a darn for the better more co-operative people among us who tend to have to compromise on fun too much too often.

At least the biggest reason for a role queue is gone as supports are now fun to play instead of an unwanted hot potato. Still their are still a thousand other reason for role queue. (if it can be done right)