Typical Late Night GD Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-08-2014
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallant View Post
While I can understand noticing the trend. What you did in the first post is going to do nothing but agitate the community into making a bunch of pot shots at you and the rest of the Riot team as well as incite those players who have been posting things like that. A lot of people use the forums to vent and move on because 1. They don't have many real friends. 2. It's late as hell and they love the responses from GD for a good laugh. 3. They honestly don't care and they are posting in an attempt to get banned so they don't have to continue to feed the addiction that is LoL.

Don't get me wrong, the trend is noticable by Stevie Wonder, but calling it out, even if you're a member of Riot, usually isn't an attractive move.
The goal of this post is:
1) To entertain...
2) To point out the absurdity of this post type. Much better to ask for help with a specific situation... I think the 'how should I play in this situation' threads are way more interesting and positive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiSkillshot

Senior Member

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoFondue View Post
Attachment 892280

Tom supports hentai threads. You're welcome. Go Browns.
Fun fact, i've seen the whole picture, Ashe is holding Kat. They're not even kissing (but look like they're about too).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-08-2014
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Nightmare View Post
Very helpful Reds I see, I lost a game as 16/4 Varus earlier because of an afker, something I have no control over. I know I played well though. You'd probably just mock me anyway though, I laff evri tiem
Well... That pretty much sucks. Sorry to hear that. Leaverbuster does ban people like, though, I doubt that makes you feel any better about the loss. Sorry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozraels Socks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-08-2014

I'd just like to play a NORMALS game with my friends (usually two gold players, I'm silver) without being paired against platinums or higher every game. I enjoy playing with my friends, but its beginning to cost us our friendship because the matchups feel so imbalanced in regards to what our skill is versus theirs. (I.E, we lose 8/10 games we play together.)

At this point I'm finding my matchups easier when playing alone where at least I'm matched up with people around my own skill level, but then I always seem to be the odd man out in (usually toxic) premades.

What can I do?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fibblins

Senior Member

02-08-2014

i don't like you. thanks for reading


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riley the Vague

Senior Member

02-08-2014

I'm in my promos and won the first... but I'm afraid to face the next two. What do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoyalAtreyuX

Senior Member

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallant View Post
While I can understand noticing the trend. What you did in the first post is going to do nothing but agitate the community into making a bunch of pot shots at you and the rest of the Riot team as well as incite those players who have been posting things like that. A lot of people use the forums to vent and move on because 1. They don't have many real friends. 2. It's late as hell and they love the responses from GD for a good laugh. 3. They honestly don't care and they are posting in an attempt to get banned so they don't have to continue to feed the addiction that is LoL.

Don't get me wrong, the trend is noticable by Stevie Wonder, but calling it out, even if you're a member of Riot, usually isn't an attractive move.
I disagree. 99% of the posts that he mimicked also incorporate some small section of "Screw Riot and their matchmaking, their system is flawed, I deserve better teammates, blah blah..." and it is simply a response to them showing "Hey, we see this, we disagree, get better and earn your rank instead of being carried." The standard formula of post that he's copying calls out Riot all the time and blames them for their lack of skill at the game and in essence shoves Riot's kindness of a free game back in their face. It is their choice to play ranked, not Zileas', not Ames, not Phreak, not Morello and not CertainlyT's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoFondue View Post
a perverse sexual desire

^ wikipedia definition of hentai. Get wrecked. Go Browns

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hentai
Again.

Kissing =/= Hentai

Perversion is a type of human behavior that deviates from that which is understood to be orthodox or normal.

^ Wiki definition of perverse.

Kissing is normal, and can also be a sign of affection and not necessarily implying a current sexual desire. Did your parents imply some sexual desire when kissing you goodnight when you were a kid? I don't think so. Unless you had a messed up childhood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perverse


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nuparu

Senior Member

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scruffz View Post
I just had this [Awsome/Great/Lovely] game in which [top/mid/bot] lane totally carried by correctly [building items that fit the situation/do actions that dictated the game in our favor] against a team of [equally skill opponents/OP champions]. It's because of great players like this that I constantly win at LoL, and I understand why I am still [Bronze 5/Silver 4/Gold 2/Plat 5] because I know that I can learn from these individuals. I know I can improve because I know there's always room to improve. Lastly, I am here to ask for advice, but what I'm really here to do is to voice my love for LoL on GD, because my roomate is out buying beer. In summary, I hope to correct faults, and one to hope to become brillant at this game.

Sincerely,
Content Late Night GDer who just won a game

Discuss.
Fixed it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-08-2014
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley the Vague View Post
I'm in my promos and won the first... but I'm afraid to face the next two. What do.
Wait until you are feeling good and play. I find I peak after a game or two of normals but before I'm fatigued..