How do i carry

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fakku All Day

02-08-2014

Am I ****ing doing something wrong here? 17-6 akali match, loss 20-6 akali match, loss 15-5 riven match, loss. Like, I dont even want to ****ing play ranked anymore if you dont believe me ill screenshot the match history

KingofHeroesRoy

02-08-2014

fakku harder

xDingwithsalad

02-08-2014

KDA is irrelevant to winning lol

Fakku All Day

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDingwithsalad View Post
KDA is irrelevant to winning lol
How do I win? I want to win.

Crabby

02-08-2014

If the match is even you need to catch someone out and IMMEDIATELY get an objective. Baron, tower, dragon, doesn't matter, you need to pressure them hard.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-08-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakku All Day View Post
Am I ****ing doing something wrong here? 17-6 akali match, loss 20-6 akali match, loss 15-5 riven match, loss. Like, I dont even want to ****ing play ranked anymore if you dont believe me ill screenshot the match history
I'm going to say that if you seem to always be sharply positive KDA but are always losing, the area you can most likely improve in is team coordination skills... Since K-D specifically only reflects your direct actions, not your team actions...

lVlega64

02-08-2014

I played Corki/soraka vs Twitch/Taric the other day.
Went 0/3 in lane, was UP in Cs though, ended 10/3.
0/3 to legendary, laning phase isn't everything.

KDA is nothing.
So what, you pulled some cheesy shit in lane and got some kills?
That's alright, I'll push objectives and play better in teamfights and earn kills/assists.
Then I'll destroy all your towers and force you to surrender.

Fakku All Day

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I'm going to say that if you seem to always be sharply positive KDA but are always losing, the area you can most likely improve in is team coordination skills... Since K-D specifically only reflects your direct actions, not your team actions...
I mean I try my best to roam bot and get them kills or try to shut down the adc / take dragon but sometimes my teammates just **** up way too hard and we get the advantage turned on us. I try to tell my team to pressure mid and take mid turret then go dragon but then my ADC gets caught by a blitz hook or a darius pull.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-08-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakku All Day View Post
I mean I try my best to roam bot and get them kills or try to shut down the adc / take dragon but sometimes my teammates just **** up way too hard and we get the advantage turned on us. I try to tell my team to pressure mid and take mid turret then go dragon but then my ADC gets caught by a blitz hook or a darius pull.
Have a friend that is way better than you at LoL watch your next game, and ask him/her to give you specific feedback on your mid and late game decisions and team fight calls.

ChaoticPinecone

02-09-2014

how do you win? by not carrying. no point in going 17-6 if your teammates are 6-17. if you are ahead of your laner, use that advantage to either (a) help the lanes that are doing bad get back into the game or (b) tilt the scales in the lanes that are even or (c) further steamroll another lane.

for example in my low elo, i see a lot of bot laners staying bot and farming after they take a tower. whats the point? a better strategy would be pushing bot lane after the tower is gone, go take dragon if available, run up river and take mid tower, then run up river and take top tower: all before recalling if possible. in the time the enemy adc and support have taken your bot tower, you secured a lead in all the lanes.