Who are the mods?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lead Death

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2014

What if they're all the reds?

Fate000

02-08-2014

Lots of reds have moderation powers (I know Xelnath has cause he mentioned it a long time ago, and Gradius has cause you can see the moderation interface on his stream, no idea on any of the others) but the actual people whose job is to moderate the forums are faceless phantoms, unfortunately.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2014

I was told that via support ticket that riot doesn't have official moderators. That would imply the only moderation we get, is from reds who simply stop by. Which would explain a lot of what happens on GD.

RiotGradius

Associate Information Security Engineer

02-08-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I can speak for the Rioters that actually have red names on the forums, we're given the ability to manage posts if we like, but it's not our job by any stretch. It's mostly there for if we notice something that shouldn't be on the LoL forums. We're not here to close down discussions that we don't like or to stop people from arguing or trolling. We're here to interact with other LoL players and encourage discussion

TrueObjectivity

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGradius View Post
I can speak for the Rioters that actually have red names on the forums, we're given the ability to manage posts if we like, but it's not our job by any stretch. It's mostly there for if we notice something that shouldn't be on the LoL forums. We're not here to close down discussions that we don't like or to stop people from arguing or trolling. We're here to interact with other LoL players and encourage discussion
Who is it that does all moderation for you then? Is there any chance that we could get a bit of identity transparency from them, and/or perhaps encourage them to post why they did an action right after they do it?

Faceless moderation seems to bring a "spite-the-mods" mentality as revenge for actions taken, since there's no good way to voice that you disagree with someone who never makes an appearance. On the other hand, a troll getting Pendragon'd back in the day was a fantastic phenomenon, and if you disagreed with something he did you could actually speak to him about it.

medium katarina

02-08-2014

mod r murder! (pls dun kil meh i lub yu mods <3 ._.)

RiotGradius

Associate Information Security Engineer

02-08-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueObjectivity View Post
Who is it that does moderation for you then? Is there any chance that we could get a bit of identity transparency from them, and/or perhaps encourage them to post why they did an action right after they do it?
I wish I knew more about the situation, but sadly I don't. I know we have people who watch the forums and try and do the best at removing bad content, but as for explaining why posts were removed/etc, I couldn't say for sure if that's a possibility. Sorry I don't have all the answers though!

SummonerMan Matt

02-08-2014

go on

ModsStillMurder

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by medium katarina View Post
mod r murder! (pls dun kil meh i lub yu mods <3 ._.)

yawwwwwn.... oh never mind

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノMods Still Murderヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Bloodlogic

The Council

02-08-2014

iirc the mods are volunteers and you won't know who they are. I've tried to contact the guy who is in charge of managing these forums multiple times but he never responds to me. I've pretty much given up on it entirely and have moved over to the Community Beta for the most part. The management is a lot better and they're really putting a lot of hard work and care into the platform. If you can get past the layout, it's the better place to post.

12345 ... 10