I play a lot of support. Is Zyra worth picking up?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suicide Hecarim

02-08-2014

I mainly play Thresh, Alistar, Taric, and Sona for my supports but Zyra looks fun.

Is she good?

Suicide Hecarim

02-08-2014

bump

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

02-08-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Definitely, I love playing Zyra support. She will feel most like Thresh in that she is a playmaker in the lane with strong CC. She also scales pretty well with items so you can have a big impact late game.

XxobscenexX

02-08-2014

yes

I Am Korean

02-08-2014

She's still viable, and her utility is still good. However, she's extremely squishy, so if you have someone like leona, you'll easily be the target for kills. Plus, if you miss your E when enemy jungler comes, you're basically screwed lol. I think she was nerfed too hard, but can't really complain. I still play her time to time, but she doesn't really fit current meta where tanky support is better.

YasOOOH KILL EM

02-08-2014

Why is your name so familiar? Ah I played you the other day XD.
And yes zyra is great.

Pudii Pudii

02-08-2014

She was my go-to support in season 3 before I picked up Lulu, I think she is very good and has surprising amounts of burst for a support. I suggest if you pick her up you go for a slightly more damage route after the gold income item and sight stone. I usually pick up a Liandries & Rylia if the game goes long enough it really does work against the high HP tanks and it also allows you to deal with any glass cannons without MR.

LucidFlux

02-08-2014

Annie can blow her up at level 6.

Kinaro

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Definitely, I love playing Zyra support. She will feel most like Thresh in that she is a playmaker in the lane with strong CC. She also scales pretty well with items so you can have a big impact late game.
I really hope Spellthief's Edge will get changed to generate more gold for mages with a lot of utility (like gold on CC, so you still have an extra niche compared to mid), so you don't feel like a downgraded mid mage, which I think is always a problem if both of the following statements are true:

- positions do not get the same amount of gold/exp i.e. not every position is equally strong
- a Champion is viable in a high power position and in a low power position

In short: Right now, mid lane Zyra can do everything that 0 CS bot lane Zyra can do, but better.

Punche

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidFlux View Post
Annie can blow her up at level 6.
Whoever gets their combo off first will get blown up.