Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furi Kuri

02-08-2014

So why does Rengar get almost no attack speed from his Q compared to live?

Oh and its going to do less dmg... Nice.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

02-08-2014
23 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStro View Post
If his E is going to be changed to a skillshot then why would you have to remove the slow mechanic? What's the difference if rengar Bola's someone from bush then leaps from them? You guys are making it too complicated and over think things when you have 'x' amount of things on live servers that need to be fixed.
We are not planning on removing the slow from E, it's actually stronger to compensate for the loss of reliability.

Dalmide1

02-08-2014

Quote:
"Passive
-Ferocity stacks will reset to 0 if they are not used or gained for 10 seconds"
He already said that is wouldn't be a flat 10 seconds, it would be 10 seconds out of combat....
There is nothing wrong with that, i personally like this change.

XdeathscyX

02-08-2014

Nice man!

DeathByWaffle

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We are not planning on removing the slow from E, it's actually stronger to compensate for the loss of reliability.
Skillshots are the best. We should change every ranged spell into skillshots >.>

XdeathscyX

02-08-2014

When is rengar rework gonna release I cant wait!

dummychicken

02-08-2014

So far I am loving the changes to him. I feel they fit his playstyle and everything.
HOWEVER I feel he also needs improvements on his leap, possibly a attack speed bonus or extra damage on leap. This would help him chain into his ult better and be more of the stealthy assassin he is.

Arcadenz

02-08-2014

Why dont you make it so that his empowered E only does more damage and no longer roots or slows but places a mark on the target for the next 3 seconds alowing him to jump to his target ex: lee sin in a way

BonkersLive

02-08-2014

I just really hope you don't make rengar into another bruiser, like I feel you slightly did to riven with her nerfs. I personally think that top lane has too many bruisers/tanks and I find that play style very tedious. We need more variety in the top lane.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2014

One of the worst things about Rengar currently, is that if the opening burst fails, he's pretty much DEAD. I can remember countless times where I jump on a lone marksman (no peels) and bring them down to 20% before they dash away. They're slowed by Bola so I can easily chase and follow up right? Except that they aren't actually running, they're shooting me, and in the time it takes to run up to them, their autos have already dealt 75% of my squishy assassin health bar and they've life-stolen back to 50% health. Because Rengar's follow up is based on attack-speed, even when I do reach them, I can't finish them off with a chunk of damage Kha'zix style, I have to engage them in a losing battle based on auto-attacks (Kha'zix also has range on Q so that escape doesn't mean as much.)

Rengar currently needs something to compensate for that gap. If he catches a carry completely alone and they have similar item builds, that marksman should be die 1v1 no questions asked like any other assassin. This could range from:

-Slight jump on Savagery, Udyr/Trundle style so that short dashes aren't as effective and Rengar can actually make use of his aspd boost.

-Very powerful but short-term defensive steroid. I mean something like +100 armor/mr for 1.25 seconds, so if you get peeled and it wears off, you're dead, but otherwise your crazy steroid allows you to make use of your aspd bonus before getting blown up. Pure damage reduction would actually be much better in this regard since it would ignore penetration items while low duration means that it's not really a reliable tank steroid.

-Less focus on aspd and more reliance on upfront nukes, allowing Rengar to spend less time auto-attacking and allowing him to more efficiently execute an enemy that's running rather than flailing at them ineffectually.

The ultimate change is definitely going to help out in this regard but in general terms, an AD carry is still going to win 1v1 in a non-ultimate battle where Rengar actually engages from the brush.