I love how people think Kassadin and Yasuo are not OP because they have lane counters

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Easyaeta

02-08-2014

Zileas, how do you feel about the current state of Yasuo

Morior Invictis

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyaeta View Post
Zileas, how do you feel about the current state of Yasuo
Apparently he thinks he's fine.

LOL.

VoidInsanity

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapWaterRulez View Post
How can you possibly cry that a champion is OP if you beat it every time you're on the more skilled team?
The same way nubs always blame their team for their loss and not their own ability.

Xulsigae

02-08-2014

An 'overpowered' champion doesn't have to 1v5 the other team. It just has to bring more to its team than what the other team has. Tip the balance as it were.

Nazzadan

02-08-2014

There are a lot of issues at hand here, and it's easy to jump to conclusions and blame Riot for this or blame Riot for that.
I personally feel like it is unfair that mid/top/AD champions are "allowed" to be broken for a substantial amount of time or coast along with an absurd pick/ban rate, yet junglers are hotfixed or nerfed the very next patch when one is perceived as too strong, the only notable exception being Elise and post-hotfix Zac.
And Zileas in my post the first blood comment was only supposed to be a minor point, the main point was that these 2 champions have WAY too high of a banrate for an actual legitimate reason unlike the champions that are just banned for the sake of banning like Nasus or Elise. Those champions are beatable. Kassadin and Yasuo are too hard to deal with, whether we are talking bronze, gold or the pro scene.

Impetual

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
It is not. My point is that them having close to 50% winrate doesn't mean there isn't a problem because you can't balance a champion in the void.
How are these statistics "in the void"? Win rate statistics are taken from the actual games played, not some theoretical data.

There might be something to say if they're winrates were skewed at a particular level, but in the case of Yasuo, they aren't. They are within 2% of a 50% winrate at all levels.

If Yasuo was OP, statistically having one on your team would give you a significantly higher chance of winning a game, which it does not. Therefore, it is extremely unlikely that he his OP.

VoidInsanity

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
An 'overpowered' champion doesn't have to 1v5 the other team. It just has to bring more to its team than what the other team has. Tip the balance as it were.
Correct, and in this regard Yasuo is overpowered. His winrate doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetual View Post
How are these statistics "in the void"? Win rate statistics are taken from the actual games played, not some theoretical data.
In the Void refers to the champion on its own with nothing else influencing it. All the data for his winrate contains games that are not 1v1, they are 3v3 or higher. It is meaningless - A champion can still be OP but not OP enough to make up for the rest of his team. The most accurate winrate data for Yasuo is that of the Snowdown Showdown - Ask Zileas what his winrate on that was.

Hellioning

02-08-2014

I just hate Yasuo plus Vi. It takes all of the skill out of hitting his ultimate. Vi's ultimate has a lot of issues in general, anyway.

TapWaterRulez

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
The same way nubs always blame their team for their loss and not their own ability.

I feel like you're trying to argue rather that Yasuo is toxic and don't even realize it.

He can get behind Teemo in line for that discussion

Easyaeta

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morior Invictis View Post
Apparently he thinks he's fine.

LOL.
I think he's fine too, shield is overtuned though.