I dont understand how to play Yasuo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sun Wu Idallian

02-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
You guys are impossible.

OK, what is it that trolls do?
Not sure if serious or wine, but will indulge.

They're negative as a way of life and look for every opportunity to blame something, somewhere for their inability to "git gud".

Basically, they argue with you with asounding stupidity, and if you DO indulge them and reply, they'll drag you down to their level and just beat you with experience.

Siachi

02-07-2014

Hates gonna Hate, Trolls gonna Troll

Why is this a difficult question to answer?

hivenst1

02-07-2014

There are plenty of helpful guides on how to play Yas a few being
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/yasuo-guide
and
http://www.solomid.net/guide/view/119948

The only thing I could say is to work on your mechanics and if the match calls for it stray from the guide and get some beef to you. Practice with Yas a lot! it takes a good deal of time to become accustomed with a champions full range of motion and strengths and weaknesses. If you want to test it out in a Non player game Intermediate bots make the perfect punching bags as they do tend to punch right back.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-07-2014
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroniJKL View Post
Haters gonna hate.

There, I said it for you Zilean.
Thanks man, glad I could count on the community.

Blyted

02-07-2014

I don't play Yasuo a lot, but I go with top lane cheese Yasuo.

By all the +gold runes available, start coin and just dash around and last hit q minions here and there when safe. Then when you back get avarice blade mo money, mo money, mo money. Yasuo is so strong with 2 items that I just collect my gold play passively and then proceed to wreck everything.

DNAgent

02-07-2014

Quote:
He's supposed to be pretty challenging to learn
LOL!

Even if you're bad at him he's easy to pick up. He gets constant shields and has double crit. He really shouldn't have double crit chance to begin with. It should be completely removed from his passive. It's not a challenging champ at all (especially considering he has no real resource aside from moving around to get a shield outside of his ult which gives it to him instantly and his extremely low cooldowns outside of a windwall that blocks some enemy ults/abilities).

Morior Invictis

02-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyted View Post
By all the +gold runes available, start coin and just dash around and last hit q minions here and there when safe.
*facepalm

LVNsNASmurf

02-07-2014

Quote:
When we shipped him he had like a thirty-something% win rate and everyone told us he was hella UP. Then they learned to play him correctly. There is so much stuff in his kit that can be optimized as you master. And yes, it is hard to balance this sort of sharp skill curve champion.
Yeah, no. He's a giant pile of toxic interactions that could easily be balanced if you (riot) hadn't insisted slapping so much extra stuff on him.

Flow generated on E cast: For being a horrible arse to hit with a skillshot, we're going to reward Yasuo with a shield.
Flow generated on ultimate: You happen to survive the big burst, and your team is all grouped up to murder the yasuo who yolo'd in, but his stupid shield is automatically primed.
No cost to use Q: Mash button.

Here's what the real fixes to Yasuo would be:

1: Removal of doubled Crit chance passive. This is just free power without gameplay or counterplay. All it does it curve his lategame power curve up.
2: Change Q to a riven like mechanic. You have X seconds to use 3 casts, 3rd one will whirlwind, then it goes on CD, to allow opponents engagement / disengagement windows. Currently, there is no penalty for spamming it, a severe flaw.
3: No flow generated on E use. Your choice to run and charge up flow or to use your stupid spammy gapcloser now has actual choice in it. Sometimes it will be better to use E and others to run a bit.
4: No flow generated on R cast. If you choose to jump onto someone, you can have made your preparations regarding your shield before hand.

The reason yasuo is broken is that he has no engagement windows, no penalty for spamming (like riven), no penalty for not using their abilities (unlike rumble), is rewarded for spamming (extra E flow! random whirlwinds!).

His mobility is so absurd in a game where the high skill elements are based around correct positioning and skillshot use. His ability to effortlessly and skilllessly divide a fight into a 5v2/3 then a second 5v3/2 just exacerbates his late game power.

The core problem is no resource and from that, high mobility and ability spam. Hook him up with Energy, and his level of BS would be brought down to merely Lee Sin levels (how weird does that sound). Hook him up with Mana and his fine tuning would almost perfectly fall into place.

But resourceless? Have you got nobody on your team who checks the history of champions like Riven and Kat as to how hard they are to balance?

Super Explosion

02-07-2014

Quote:
Keep in mind that he is a melee carry, so he does rely upon his team to create opportunities, until he's in hard-carry mode.
Zileas, he's not a 'melee' carry', those legitimately don't exist in League of Legends, and he's most likely not ever going to replace the Marksman for the 'carry' DPS position on most teams.

Yasuo is an Assassin. That's what he does. If he gets a gold advantage, he may blow people up.

If he's behind, gets shut down in lane, he may seem to not exist in the game.

Riot may tend to refer to these sort of champions as "feast or famine", and from the metrics of whether he excludes other picks or guarantees lane domination, he is most likely in fact 'underpowered'. (As you may perhaps discern from his LCS play.)

He is, however, a fantastically annoying pubstomper.

Why you moved burst abilities from squishy slow mages with no gapclosers like Annie onto fast mobile assassins with tank abilities, I'm not sure even your champion design team knows.

But humorously in Yasuo's case the result is something only marginally better than Fiora, but at the cost of ultimate-blocking walls and 1300 range CCing gapclosers with perhaps horrible worst case instances and enemy-annoying best case instances.

Elastoid

02-07-2014

HATERS GONNA HATE

You're welcome.