There is a negative windchill outside

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jibteck

02-07-2014

Is no one here from Canada? From Sept to March/April its snowing and cold as you can imagine. Saskatchewan has had temps under -30c without counting in the windchill factor for weeks! Try working outside in that weather up in the boom lift.

Ever cut your fingernails too short? Thats what it feels like to get frostbite on the tips of your fingers. Makes playing a lot more difficult :P

CragBlade

02-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGradius View Post
I have to admit, there are times when I wonder if I'm missing out on some of the more extremes of weather, since I've always lived in California. Then I see things like this and NOPE right outta that thought process.
skiing and snowboarding is pretty great though.

Habimaru

02-07-2014

Parts of Minnesota & Eastern South Dakota can get to -60F during winter-time with blizzards.
The Minnesotans seem to have a thing against Packers fans & the South Dakotans seem to have a thing against Vikings fans (and the people in Washington state seem to have a thing against Steelers fans). I don't know what's up with that... just going to say: ...such silly Americans ;O

Gnomis Pervertus

02-07-2014

-20F y school no cancel? And all I can think is, "Meanwhile, in Canada..."

Also, of this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVS6PaWCdaI

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2014

Come to Iowa where we've had -50 F degree weather! LOL

Soulsie

02-07-2014

try canada ffs it sucks up here
to all americans that say "i want to move to canada so much nature etc. etc."
f@ck no
that is all

Salganos

02-07-2014

I currently live in northern Ontario. This has taught me that I am quite resistant to frostbite.

However, every two weeks there's a day warm enough to start melting snow. Somehow.

Kellory

02-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporalist View Post
I'm from Minnesota, and we've had a few days with a windchill of ~ -45f. School has been canceled 5 times in the past two weeks, because the high is consistently below -10, which is our closing policy. the three days it was ~ -45f the high was around -20. and like a previous poster said, I dont remember school closing for coldness for like 6 years. but we did have a snow-day in may last year because of a blizzard.
I remember the last time that happened. Arnie Carlson was governor. That was the early '90's.

Durzaka

02-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlaheysadrunk View Post
lol please. i have to wait 15-30 mins for a bus that takes me to a train where i wait another 15-30 mins that takes me downtown where i then have to walk 6 city blocks to get to work. not sure if youve ever experienced downtown chicago with -15+ winchills. it sucks. bad.

f@ck winter.

f@ck chicago.

f@ck south wacker.

f@ck the cta.

that is all.
As a fellow Chicagoan, and commuter student at UIC, i agree with your statements.

The Dravening

02-07-2014

Why do you idiots still use fahrenheit