Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arwingflyer98

02-06-2014

@RiotScruffy What are your opinions on the whole "jump on bola hit" idea? The trinket BTN trap is really cool, but many people are very enthusiastic for the bola idea as well.

Subz0

02-06-2014

What if they make his W a "jump to target" as oppose to his E? Like, do away with the double roar and make it so that the W AOE damages and lowers enemy Attack Speed and his Empowered W also raises his Armor Penetration. On champion hit, you can reactivate W within 3-5 seconds to jump to a champion; either prioritizing champions with the lowest health or making it targeted with in a medium sized radius (Whatever a medium sized radius means to the designers; like 600 units or somethin). I feel adding a jump to his E would make the skill to OP considering that it damages, slows/roots, adds ferocity and has exceptional range. Where as the W, you'll at least have to get in close to your target to earn that "jump on hit" but still have that gap closer in case they try to flee from your gank/engage. I dunno, what do you guys think?

emiletti

02-06-2014

Well, as a main Rengar Jungle (his REAL position), i think this rework for the moment AND the info that you have given to us it is going to SUCK. Actually im really pissed off with this, not only because i love the char, and i also purchased the skin, but beacuse Rengar its my fav character of all LoL and easily one of the top 10 best characters in all the game.

WHY kill this character!!! WHY you want to make him a warrior/bruiser/tank or whatever???????? He IS an assasin, he has a LORE of an assasin, he has a SKIN of a freaking Predator, and he isnt a TOP lane or AP character!! Of course you could use him in those positions but he IS a JUNGLER, and in this direction you want to KILL that
role !!

Lets have a quick look of the last changes that touches him directly:

Pre-rework (?):

*Removal of bushes (DIRECT NERF to Rengar)
*Nerf of doran blade (NERF to one of his main starter objects)
*Fixed multiple bugs that
allowed Rengar to use Savagery
more frequently than intended (AKA NO MORE QQQ)
*Active savagery changed (4 SECONDS NERF)
*Battle roar changed (NERFING his sustain in early)

So much love for him right??

NOW... this rework:

*Bonetooth Necklace becoming trinket
WTF????? Hello?? This is an option for the player!!! I choose to spend or not to spend money on it!! I dont want this to become a trinket! THIS is real uniqueness!! Not forcing me to have it as a trinket for me and EVERY OTHER PLAYER THAT KNOWS OR NOT HOW TO USE THIS CHAR FOR BEST, UNIQUENESS IS CHOICE NOT OBLIGATION!

*Decay of ferocity
GOODBYE GOOD GANKS!! Not only you are FORCING me to keep hitting things all the time, but also now i have to GROW a third eye to watch not only the enemy for a good gank and the soroundings, but to check the decay time of the ferocity...THANK YOU GUYS!

*Bolastrike skillshot
GOODBYE ASSIST!! GOODBYE STACKING FOR NECKLACE! GOODBYE PERFECT SLOWS!
Now i have to hit the enemy with own aim JUST to get a slow with a char that doesnt have cc AT ALL.

*Thrill of the hunt changed
Now this is the best part...
- You eliminate the speed of the ultimate (one of the best things of the ulti... REMEMBER HE IS A PREDATOR...AN ASSASIN...RENGAR..he is meant for chasing...)
- The ulti doesnt create more ferocity (...so directly you are telling me that i AM a tank because i need to stay THERE if AFTER the ulti it will start creating the ferocity)
- Speed after the ulti???? (why giving me speed after the ulti????? lets check the FUN part here...you are giving my in one place SPEED to run or whatever after the ulti, and on the other hand you are giving me FEROCITY to start attacking with more damage to someone?? SPED≠FEROCITY ??? seriously? should i go back to the fight so i can get my ass kicked? oh right...im a tank now...not an assasin )

Guys...really create a new character...Kill Rengar and remove it for the game, i dont want to see my fav character as another thing that he is not..create a Hello Kitty character and do all this rework for that one...not for Rengar please..

plusultra

02-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Suede View Post
His heal is based on missin % health now, though I don't think the tool-tip in game says it.

From the Wiki

I think in game it just says "Empowered Roar: Rengar heals for x-amount"

Yeah the wording is sneaky there, the old heal was 40 + 20xlevel, the new one is half of that (20 + 10xlevel) so if you're at 1hp you will get pre-nerf heals.

I feel like the break even point should be like 33% or 25% hp, so that at that threshold the heal is as good as it used to be (and better the lower you are from there).

OR what I wanted but wasn't clear in how i asked: make it scale with his health pool again, so not "increase base heal amount by X%" where X% is his current health %, but rather "additionally heals for a % of his missing hp"

You see what these sneaky guys are trying to do here? Don't hurt my cat!

Minumot

02-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiletti View Post
Well, as a main Rengar Jungle (his REAL position), i think this rework for the moment AND the info that you have given to us it is going to SUCK. Actually im really pissed off with this, not only because i love the char, and i also purchased the skin, but beacuse Rengar its my fav character of all LoL and easily one of the top 10 best characters in all the game.

WHY kill this character!!! WHY you want to make him a warrior/bruiser/tank or whatever???????? He IS an assasin, he has a LORE of an assasin, he has a SKIN of a freaking Predator, and he isnt a TOP lane or AP character!! Of course you could use him in those positions but he IS a JUNGLER, and in this direction you want to KILL that
role !!

Lets have a quick look of the last changes that touches him directly:

Pre-rework (?):

*Removal of bushes (DIRECT NERF to Rengar)
*Nerf of doran blade (NERF to one of his main starter objects)
*Fixed multiple bugs that
allowed Rengar to use Savagery
more frequently than intended (AKA NO MORE QQQ)
*Active savagery changed (4 SECONDS NERF)
*Battle roar changed (NERFING his sustain in early)

So much love for him right??

NOW... this rework:

*Bonetooth Necklace becoming trinket
WTF????? Hello?? This is an option for the player!!! I choose to spend or not to spend money on it!! I dont want this to become a trinket! THIS is real uniqueness!! Not forcing me to have it as a trinket for me and EVERY OTHER PLAYER THAT KNOWS OR NOT HOW TO USE THIS CHAR FOR BEST, UNIQUENESS IS CHOICE NOT OBLIGATION!

*Decay of ferocity
GOODBYE GOOD GANKS!! Not only you are FORCING me to keep hitting things all the time, but also now i have to GROW a third eye to watch not only the enemy for a good gank and the soroundings, but to check the decay time of the ferocity...THANK YOU GUYS!

*Bolastrike skillshot
GOODBYE ASSIST!! GOODBYE STACKING FOR NECKLACE! GOODBYE PERFECT SLOWS!
Now i have to hit the enemy with own aim JUST to get a slow with a char that doesnt have cc AT ALL.

*Thrill of the hunt changed
Now this is the best part...
- You eliminate the speed of the ultimate (one of the best things of the ulti... REMEMBER HE IS A PREDATOR...AN ASSASIN...RENGAR..he is meant for chasing...)
- The ulti doesnt create more ferocity (...so directly you are telling me that i AM a tank because i need to stay THERE if AFTER the ulti it will start creating the ferocity)
- Speed after the ulti???? (why giving me speed after the ulti????? lets check the FUN part here...you are giving my in one place SPEED to run or whatever after the ulti, and on the other hand you are giving me FEROCITY to start attacking with more damage to someone?? SPED≠FEROCITY ??? seriously? should i go back to the fight so i can get my ass kicked? oh right...im a tank now...not an assasin )

Guys...really create a new character...Kill Rengar and remove it for the game, i dont want to see my fav character as another thing that he is not..create a Hello Kitty character and do all this rework for that one...not for Rengar please..
You should know that you don't decide what position he is meant to be played from and what role he brings to the team. His lore has nothing to do with being an assassin. You do know that chogath went around the world killing people, so did Hecarim, etc etc. Both of them are played as tanks. Assassin rengar is broken and toxic, unless you remove stealth from his ulti (their previous idea). Rengar is my favorite champion too, but I would prefer my favorite game be fair and balanced than my favorite champion stay how he is.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

02-07-2014
19 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ololoshev View Post
My main question is: will I be able to play assasin Rengar and blow up people, or you're going to make him another boring bruiser? Because right now killing people with his ult is the most fun thing in the game. I really don't want him to become yet another jax/rene/mundo/shyvana which are boring as hell to play in top lane. At least when I'm playing full ad assasin Rengar i feel like it is "high risk/high reward".
Even with the changes Rengar's teamfight role is still all about finding squishy targets that are separated from their team and blowing them up. With the changes we want to allow the opponent a (very short) window in which they can react to Rengar leaping out of stealth onto them.

PS - The leap on to target after E idea is really cool and it sounds like a lot of fun. To make that happen, we would probably have to remove the slow from E, which would really hurt his utility.

I Am Tolan

02-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Even with the changes Rengar's teamfight role is still all about finding squishy targets that are separated from their team and blowing them up. With the changes we want to allow the opponent a (very short) window in which they can react to Rengar leaping out of stealth onto them.

PS - The leap on to target after E idea is really cool and it sounds like a lot of fun. To make that happen, we would probably have to remove the slow from E, which would really hurt his utility.
keep the slow please.

doublelift fg

02-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post

What if rengar can double jump with his ulti 14 stack from his trinket?

Kektonik

02-07-2014

Does this mean tha Viktor's passive will become a trinket too?

lightdragoon88

02-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kektonik View Post
does this mean tha viktor's passive will become a trinket too?
Name:  roflbot2.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  402.4 KB