The LAG IS KILLING ME

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garygolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

Is everyone sure the issue is not local? I was DCing all the time awhile back, but fixed it by swapping from a wireless connection to a wired. Have not DC-ed mid game since. Lagged, sure, but never DC-ed.

Lolcura

12-04-2010

Come on guys!!!!
Help us!!!
I spent money buying riots, and now i cant play, because the last patch is BIZARRE!!!!
I have 190 lat, 130-200 fps, but i cant play, i have dc 6 times per game... And i cant reconnect more, im not a leaver....
OMFG!!!

Raynbow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

I usually have under 10 fps :S
I cant play anymore.

SomeSortofJerk

12-04-2010

I would love to think that my connection is the culprit, but all the benchmark tests and other online games suggest otherwise. Has anybody else also noticed the chat related lag and disconnects in the lobby/chat? Riot probably deserves the benefit of the doubt(maybe they are desperately understaffed)

hohums

Software Engineer

12-04-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Please read this thread to see if it applies to you.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=375213

You may need to contact your ISP in numbers to encourage them to investigate the problem.

rjj1902

12-29-2010

Ok Ive noticed one thing that lags me alot. If you have Windows Live Messenger running and your signed in it seems to be a major cause of lag for both me and my friend. Hope this helps you out.

lvluffinz

12-29-2010

What people don't seem to realize, is that it's not our systems, it's not our drivers, it's nothing caused by us. People who can run games like SC2 maxed out with a constant 30+fps are having this problem. Heck I tried a friend's laptop today which can run Black Ops on Extra with AA maxed and at 1080p, yet when we launched LoL, 10 minutes into the game his fps plummeted to below 10. When I opened task manager it is OBVIOUSLY a RIOT issue. LeagueofLegends.exe would suddenly start consuming all his cores (and he has an i7) as well as most of his RAM (has 6GB DDR3) and then after 5-10 minutes, it would die down. I used FreeRAMXPro but that didn't help as the LeagueofLegends.exe kept leaking... and leaking... FFS Riot, people having been having this issue for over 3 months with you YET to release a single patch that aims at fixing it. I'm off to Bloodline Champions.

Lezpch

01-13-2011

I'm wired via ethernet and max out graphics on WoW and BFBC2 and every other game I own but about 5 minutes into a game of LoL, I lag and I basically can't contribute to the game anymore. I have lagged out of two games recently and I get emails from Riot warning me of disciplinary action that will be taken against me. ARE YOU SERIOUS, RIOT? Taking disciplinary action against someone who can't play because of a buggy client? You guys better be working on a solution.

A Jolly Kabuto

01-21-2011

I'm also having horrible lag, but only if its at my house. I tried playing at a friend's house a few days ago and everything worked out great. But at MY house, I can't even see what I'm doing.

Agent Ghost

01-22-2011

I have The latest alienware laptop, crazy fast internet , 80 ping , graphics i kill games like blackops anything on highest resolution and graphics...

AND IM LAGGING LIKE HELL !! I QUIT THIS GAME ITS OVER I CANT PLAY LIKE THIS !!!
6 frames per second????????
ARE YOU KIDDING ME riot??? I put low graphics and it didnt do anything so obviously its on your end not mine.. Sux this game was awesome but not worth playing like this