2013 Riot points rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaco ftwin

02-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dong Squad View Post
it won't be a 34% ip increase will it. Because that was god awful

Seriously if it has ANYTHING to do with IP (other than possibly allowing us to spend our IP as if it were RP), they ****ed up hard. The idea is that almost ANYONE who is over 1k spent has more IP than we even know what to do with. Last 3 champs I bought at 7800 with IP and I still have 64k

Kay911kay

02-05-2014

Wait, will those who spent abnormal amounts of money in this game get another tier of rewards?
As a spender of probably a few hundred dollars, I would rather not get the same reward as someone who spent $5 :/

DontHassleDaHoff

CRM Manager

02-05-2014
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by innervation View Post
Anything else you can tell us on this front?

How many tiers are you guys contemplating?
What kind of rewards, other than summoner icon(s)?
Will it be coming out in the next 6 months?
How awesome is it, on a scale of 1-10 teemos?
On a scale of awesomeness I would say it's up there with an 11 Yordle scout squad given too much caffeine and free time. It's going to be awesome (at least we're trying to make it that way).

But on a serious note, I don't want to spoil too much. As Moons posted back on page two, we have some ideas around this and we're currently getting feedback from some of our players. There are a lot of variables in play here, and if you look through the threads, they echo some of our concerns:
- don't alienate the players between those that have spent a lot vs. not a lot
- account for those of you that have spent "abnormal amounts" (quoting Kay911kay) vs. those that have spent less.
- most importantly don't suck

Our initial thought on this back on 2012, was to give our fans different Summoner icons, but that was at a time when icons weren't readily available and as Lavasioth pointed out - icons won't do.

Other details around tiers, rewards, and timing, are still under review.

Rackier

02-05-2014

every time a rioter says they don't wanna spoil, nothing ever happens ._.

Valenten

02-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontHassleDaHoff View Post
On a scale of awesomeness I would say it's up there with an 11 Yordle scout squad given too much caffeine and free time. It's going to be awesome (at least we're trying to make it that way).

But on a serious note, I don't want to spoil too much. As Moons posted back on page two, we have some ideas around this and we're currently getting feedback from some of our players. There are a lot of variables in play here, and if you look through the threads, they echo some of our concerns:
- account for those of you that have spent "abnormal amounts" (quoting Kay911kay) vs. those that have spent less.

Our initial thought on this back on 2012, was to give our fans different Summoner icons, but that was at a time when icons weren't readily available and as Lavasioth pointed out - icons won't do.

What about those of us that have spent a VERY large number enough to be enough to be a good down payment on a new car? We also tend to be the more dedicated and older player base. Im hoping there are some extremely good rewards for that.

ForbidenRuler

02-05-2014

I'm quite new at LOL (only played DOTA before) I just start last year nearly at the end of season. So you guy can said that I missed out on a lot of things: Championship Riven, Headmistress Fiora, Kitty Cat Catarina, and more ... and many icons. I might not have spent over 500$ on RIOT yet, but I spent around 150$. Could RIOT somehow allow us to buy those skin for limited amount of time for half the price? That would be awesome in my opinion. And for the idea of give a unique icon and some rufund token also cool with me. Beside all of the idea that I have raised and interest in won't give us advantage in game so we can said that it is fair to everyone. Please take it into consideration RIOT. Thx.

Shentok

02-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontHassleDaHoff View Post

What's considered an abnormal amount? I've spent close to $2000 myself, but I am curious as to what constitutes as abnormal.

Valenten

02-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shentok View Post
What's considered an abnormal amount? I've spent close to $2000 myself, but I am curious as to what constitutes as abnormal.
This ^^^^^^^^^

Ive spent close to or over 2k so im wondering what yall have for us in that tier of spending.

Windstorm

02-05-2014

and here I am enjoying my blissful ignorance of how bad of a habit league is for me.

captcha apparently is playing 8-ball today.. "recieve swebrik"

CupcakeRaptorr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2014

A few of my friends all got Teemo statues for spending money way back in the day. I still want one. Make it happen!