Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cybernetic Ghost

02-04-2014

Any chance Heimerdinger can get a VU? He's practically had the same splash art forever, and it's ugly.

Creepstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
He certainly does need a VU.
I remember morello talking about how "skaven-izing" twitch would be the wrong direction for him. I always thought that something like the Burmecians (Eg, Freya) from Final fantasy 9 would be a much better fit for Twitch's concept. While I love the strange jiggle-wiggle he does while he walks, I can see this direction being a much better fit for the poisonous assassin rat.

Also, after reworks are completed any chance of seeing a gallery of "rejected" concepts? Even if it isn't on site, I just love checking out concept art, even better if there was a quick summary as to why it didn't work out, but that's just me being optimistic. Blizzard is doing something really neat on their World of Warcraft site with their Model VU's for the upcoming expansion, and it'd be really cool for something similar to happen with champions with either a VU or brand new champs just after their release.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-05-2014
76 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandaari View Post
Can you elaborate on what a tech animator would be doing in the context of Riot?
http://www.riotgames.com/careers/character-rigger

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-05-2014
77 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepstar View Post
I remember morello talking about how "skaven-izing" twitch would be the wrong direction for him. I always thought that something like the Burmecians (Eg, Freya) from Final fantasy 9 would be a much better fit for Twitch's concept. While I love the strange jiggle-wiggle he does while he walks, I can see this direction being a much better fit for the poisonous assassin rat.

Also, after reworks are completed any chance of seeing a gallery of "rejected" concepts? Even if it isn't on site, I just love checking out concept art, even better if there was a quick summary as to why it didn't work out, but that's just me being optimistic. Blizzard is doing something really neat on their World of Warcraft site with their Model VU's for the upcoming expansion, and it'd be really cool for something similar to happen with champions with either a VU or brand new champs just after their release.
I'd like to show off some process like we did with Sivir at PAX a bit more often. I think there's a lot of interesting stuff that happens during a creation of a relaunch.

LoveSparkle

02-05-2014

Quote:
I'd like to show off some process like we did with Sivir at PAX a bit more often. I think there's a lot of interesting stuff that happens during a creation of a relaunch.
Please fix Sivir's dance. The new one is just blah. And PAX Sivir received virtually no compensation for not being touched up.

Postal Miku

02-05-2014

Sona 4 2014?

Choripanero

02-05-2014

@ironstylus... do u think Morderkaiser need a VU?

shacodistraction

02-05-2014

just dont go towards the moderen world we love the yordles their awesome! maybe a new one the controls animals

Furi Kuri

02-05-2014

So many white kinghts sucking up to Stylus. He's so emotionally thin skinned, and he said he doesn't like toxic people but ive seen him egg on there posts, and give them attention.

MTaur

02-05-2014

Quote:
Well yes, helmets are sort of her thing :P
Just so we're clear, "boobplates" are not her thing. (Insert "I'm watching you" special characters.)