Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voluug13

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Ya, after some testing 10 seconds did feel a bit too punishing. Right now he has 12 seconds, and it's based around combat instead of Ferocity gain. With those changes, it's pretty reasonable to keep the Ferocity going as long as you keep yourself in combat.
Another thing:

One of my problems when facing Rengar is his Thrill of the Hunt ''indicator'' that appears when you are close and he activates it.

But if he uses it outside of the range where you can be ''indicated'' and proceeds to gank you (supposed its jungle cat) out of nowhere, it's feels kinda... Old Eve-like. More so that now pinks are easily destroyed.

Why not make like WW Blood Scent? If he uses it and he gets near you in a certain range, you get the TotH indicator? And this range decreases on skill level.

It's a bad idea?

lightdragoon88

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluug13 View Post

Sidenote: NOW DO THE SAME FOR VICKTOR'S AUGMENTS PLEASE. You have it kinda similary coded to the normal trinkets right?
Ok once again:

If they do this to Vikor, they would have to take away ALL the stats it gives and it would only have the passive that the upgraded forms give.

That would be a HUGE nerf to Viktor.

Voluug13

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
Ok once again:

If they do this to Vikor, they would have to take away ALL the stats it gives and it would only have the passive that the upgraded forms give.

That would be a HUGE nerf to Viktor.
Yeah, but considering that the Hextech Core BASE doesn't really give good stats, Aug:Death is the only really used, the Ap it gives is kinda lackluster come Mid-Lategame and the other augments stats are kinda lackluster and useless outside of non-optimal off-build...

Plus free ward plus possible augments passive buffs. Could be a slight early nerf but a lategame buff.

Cuix

02-04-2014

Quote:
-We have also made the trinket available in yellow, red, and blue with each being the corresponding vision active (ward, sweeper, clairvoyance)
This sounds way too strong.

NA Darklarik

02-04-2014

Quote:
Ya, after some testing 10 seconds did feel a bit too punishing. Right now he has 12 seconds, and it's based around combat instead of Ferocity gain. With those changes, it's pretty reasonable to keep the Ferocity going as long as you keep yourself in combat.
im still not liking this at all. Id prefer a decay rather than a flat loss, i mean, aside from ganking, which sounds terrible without ferocity, simply jungling him, going from camp to camp without feroz would feel terrible. From Blue/red to Red/Blue, or from wraiths to Golems or wolves or wight the distance to cover is huge. i dont like this change at all, unless your lowering his cooldowns substancially.

IonDragonX

02-04-2014

Quote:
Don't want to leave you guys hanging for too long. Just coming to update and say that we are doing small iterations and testing Rengar daily.

-We're tuning lots of numbers to get his laning, ganking and late game power in a reasonable place.
-We have also made the trinket available in yellow, red, and blue with each being the corresponding vision active (ward, sweeper, clairvoyance)

We're moving at a good rate with him and I'm still checking this thread for all of your feedback.
I must disagree with the choice of any color trinket here. Not only would it be unappealing visually to me as an icon, other players would feel like their choices were less meaningful. All the other players have the choice of three, but now Rengar, in their perception, has a choice of six trinkets, a stack of free powers, and a free 'seventh slot' to boot.

In my opinion, you should stick to the red sweeper effect on the BTN. It would 'force' Rengar to buy real wards early on, which would be okay considering the amount of gold-free benefits that he can get from the stacks, it's fair. The red sweeper effect is the only one he needs because he has a blue-like effect tied to his ultimate and a skillshot E for no mana to check brush.

Shyvana420

02-04-2014

With this new update will rengar be a laner or a jungler?

dragonstrike45

02-04-2014

Quick Discussion: I recently saw a thread in which one of the Rioter's said that the defining characteristic for a good assassin is a way to get out, once they get their job done. Is Rengar going to get a way to get out? Or is he not going to be an assassin. If you could please clarify this RiotScruffy, this would bring clarity to upcoming Rengar changes. Thanks!

haisoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2014

The changes sound good to me. However i think that the bonetooth necklace will be lacking in its trinket form.

I think what you should do is have the ward bonetooth necklace as available at lv 1, and then allow you to purchase a "enchantment"(similar to boots) that gives the bonetooth necklace a upgraded trinket power. Also haveing a upgradeable enchantment that gives bone tooth a unique active.

So here is what it would be like.

Bonetooth necklace lv 1

Enchantment: Greater stealth totem

Enchantment: Greater Vision totem

Enchantment: Farsight Orb

Enchantment: Oracle lens

Enchantment: Unique bone tooth active

This would make it so a rengar can still get bonetooth, and have a trinket. He wont feel like he is missing out if say there is a teemo and you need to clear a spot from traps. Because he will be able to get that trinket effect.

And just a random idea for a possible bonetooth necklace active(for its unique enchantment path)
(you could actually make 2 Seperate bonetooth unique actives.

Access to a single ranged leap when it is used(while not being in brush)(this could allow him a way out)

or

Enemy detection in 1500-2000 radius for 1.5-2 seconds.(the enemies would only be detectable while in the radius.)
(it would work similar to his ult, and be like quinn w)(except it would just show enemy units. Not breach the fog of war)

or

Rengar stealths briefly for 1 second after useing it.(also would give rengar a way out)

I hope my feedback was helpful. I will be sure to test him and create a more detailed and larger feedback once he is on the pbe.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

02-04-2014
17 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
Now can the bonetooth necklace be upgraded with money to get the upgraded version of ward, sweeper, clairvoyance?

If not, can it automatically upgrade if he gets like...10 trophy on the tooth?
I'm leaning towards having it upgrade with the kill stacks. So 6 kills gets the +1 vision upgrade and 9 or 14 gets the +2 vision upgrade.