Pantheon nerf info.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

1) A hotfix will be deployed HARDLY nerfing pantheon - scaling change. From current it goes -4%/-3%/-2%/-1%/0 to HSS.

2) Pantheon is doing A LOT OF damage and snowballs hard - sure if played well he isn't that crazy. Late game he dies off a bit. Riot didn't quite get what they were aiming for.

3) Riot is here to make the community happy whether you like it or not. Of course if enough people dislike something and are not enjoying themselves they will probably take action.

4) People are complaining so hard about this "nerf". Why? If he was "unplayable" before he still got buffed even with this "nerf". So what is so horrible about it to pantheon players.

5) No, riot is not a bunch of uneducated apes. They are intelligent people who make decisions based of off research. They do not buff champions without any research and use trial and error. You are stupid for thinking that.

6) comparing pantheon's abilities to Annie's is not valid. Comparing Pantheon's abilities to Garen's abilities is not valid. Comparing pantheon as a kit and overall damage output compared to other champions of the same -class- is valid.

7) His early game is fantastic right now! No you can't "Side step out of the cone OMFG" because anyone with intelligence will use his stun first. And no, you don't start with mercury treads.

8) I like numbers and Urgot needs a nerf.

Another post - very good information. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=1#post4490380

Devynity

12-03-2010

Whoa intelligent post.

Did not see this coming +1

TheRealCheesy

12-03-2010

What is the point of this thread?

Tulki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

I agree with everything except the part where he snowballs hard. Beyond 25 minutes, much of what he accomplished is dismissed as natural armour kicks in and team fights roll around.

Mizerable

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulki View Post
I agree with everything except the part where he snowballs hard. Beyond 25 minutes, much of what he accomplished is dismissed as natural armour kicks in and team fights roll around.
I do agree with this - will add in. My bad.

NessOnett

12-03-2010

1. If you're levelling up HSS, stun lasts for 1 second. After various animation times are thrown in, you get hit by about 1 1/2 of the 5 hits before the stun is up. If you have a flash/dash you can get away with only taking 2 hits at level 3, and without you will be forced to endure 3.

2. Pantheon still got a significant nerf to his Spear any way you spin it. And before this patch, that WAS his early game.

Mizerable

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
1. If you're levelling up HSS, stun lasts for 1 second. After various animation times are thrown in, you get hit by about 1 1/2 of the 5 hits before the stun is up. If you have a flash/dash you can get away with only taking 2 hits at level 3, and without you will be forced to endure 3.

2. Pantheon still got a significant nerf to his Spear any way you spin it. And before this patch, that WAS his early game.
The problem being those hits you take still do a significant amount of damage and he can do it all over again very soon. All they did was shift his early game from 1 ability to 2 abilities. His spear still is a great harass tool. Not to mention when he's done how much harassment has he taken? Probably little to none due to his passive and you being stunned.

Mizerable

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealCheesy View Post
What is the point of this thread?
I can't tell if you are serious... The point is people need to look at the facts and not jump to uneducated conclusions. I am not saying "I know everything about balance!", I am saying people blow things out of proportion too easily.

NessOnett

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizerable View Post
The problem being those hits you take still do a significant amount of damage and he can do it all over again very soon. All they did was shift his early game from 1 ability to 2 abilities. His spear still is a great harass tool. Not to mention when he's done how much harassment has he taken? Probably little to none due to his passive and you being stunned.
At level 3, each hit does less than 60 damage for an offensively specced pantheon with a long sword and flat AD+ArmPen runes. That's a "lot" of harassment for a 20 second cooldown to you? You must think Zilean is God-mode for being able to double-bomb you for 200 damage per bomb while far outside most people's harassment range(and a speedup just to make sure you can't touch him or run away fast enough).

Mizerable

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
At level 3, each hit does less than 60 damage for an offensively specced pantheon with a long sword and flat AD+ArmPen runes. That's a "lot" of harassment for a 20 second cooldown to you? You must think Zilean is God-mode for being able to double-bomb you for 200 damage per bomb while far outside most people's harassment range(and a speedup just to make sure you can't touch him or run away fast enough).
let's see.. even if it is 60 damage (seems a bit low to me) - 60x5 = 300 + aegis damage + auto attack damage perhaps. It adds up fast. Much more than 200 if you ask me. And even if only 3 hit, thats still 180 + damage. Even so a caster on average starts with 500 hp, perhaps 600 by then. That is still about 1/2 their hp, am I right? Or will you assume they have HP quints and yellows or something? If I had time I would test this out - get someone in practice, aegis + HSS at 3 on say ashe and see how much it does.