Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrinityForceZX

02-03-2014

Whatever happened to buffing AP Ezreal?

Tortferngatr

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
I'm also going to bed because wow it's 3 in the morning, you are crazy parrot, Diana is awesome but she's not that awesome.
;_; how I feel you...

gulgolet2000

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT31 View Post
I think Miss Fortune needs a VU, Dat hair is horrendous.
Olaf, Taric, Eve and Singe.. Oh wait; Are saying "Hi".

Borand

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I don't think that's going to happen, not right now, especially not with art. This is simply not the venue for it. Logistically it's also problematic, and if it's NA only interaction that's a big disservice to the rest of the world. It seems unfair to me to plug it into an English only system when we're a company that needs to provide content for the entire world.
Hey Stylus, I totally agree with you so far about your choice of processes, and would like to emphasize on this one thing I'm quoting.

Part of the quoted problem is the fact that you don't maintain a single forum for all of the regions.
I know that there are reasons for which you guys have opted to not create a universal forum, and I'm not here to discuss that.

I'm just pointing out that this is a problem.

Hope you read this. Cheers!

Coriasis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2014

Quote:
Either way, it's the beginning of the year, and we only recently got back into full steam. There's a lot coming this year. I think you'll be pleased with the results.
Quote:
full steam
Quote:
steam
>Steam
>ValvE
Half Life 3 confirmed

Ammostorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2014

I really like that Sion relaunch page! It works great with the upvotes system and it makes the interaction between fans a lot better. I feel like im more involved in the process of the champion than a thread of spam repeating "feed me all the details of everything you are doing". Riot should do those more often. I enjoyed the Yorick one a lot too. Just the brainstorming and coming up with cool gameplay quirks

CSDragon

02-03-2014

Mr. IronStylus

I've noticed with a lot of champs people keep listing the answer is "pre-production" or "in the planning stage" or "is being discussed". But there was never a single "Nope!"

So it kinda seems like every single champion pre mid 2011 isn't just on the table, but has had some time and effort devoted to them.

Now, I'm not an idiot. I know that the concept artists, molders, riggers, animators, texture artists and particle artists are different people and so there are many bottlenecks in the pipeline, but even still, is it possible that you're still spreading your resources a little too thin?

Using the mid-2011 date mentioned earlier, there are 66 champions after subtracting those who already got their remake (ending with Yorick) (assuming I didn't miss any remakes when I was counting). Assuming you guys are mostly on point with your "1 relaunch per month" intention this is FIVE AND A HALF YEARS worth of potential relaunches.

So why all the discussion and pre-production and production on champions still years away in the pipeline and not just powering through each champion one at a time? Only moving on to the next when the last champion's work can be passed to the next level in the artist chain.

SlumlordThanatos

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Let's. http://community.na.leagueoflegends....elaunch-thread

I made my own OP, because yours was a bare-bones one that was meant to give an example, so hopefully you aren't too upset by my additions. I'm also going to bed because wow it's 3 in the morning, you are crazy parrot, Diana is awesome but she's not that awesome.
Please don't encourage him. Make him do it here...where the people are.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-03-2014
46 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumlordThanatos View Post
Please don't encourage him. Make him do it here...where the people are.
The first comment in there has 103 upvotes, and I've addressed the first few comments.

I'd suggest you re-evaluate and head over there. That's where I'll be focusing my time answering questions on the Sion subject, it's simply easier to actually talk to people that way and address sentiments and look at popular ideas.

SlumlordThanatos

02-03-2014

Quote:
The first comment in there has 103 upvotes, and I've addressed the first few comments.

I'd suggest you re-evaluate and head over there. That's where I'll be focusing my time answering questions on the Sion subject, it's simply easier to actually talk to people that way and address sentiments and look at popular ideas.
You misunderstand.

I don't care about Sion, I don't own him. I care that you seem to be contractually obligated to move away from posting here in GD and moving towards the Beta site that you people seem hell-bent on shoving down our throats.

It took you posting the thread on Twitter to get people to pay attention. That doesn't bode well for the site's future.