Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSola

02-02-2014

Should clear up that R doesn't have zero CD if you hit someone with moonlight, it still has a 0.5 second CD or something. Basically, you can't Q r(immediately tap r) for a double burst, people can easily squeeze in attacks in between the two rs.

Rosy

02-02-2014

Commas.

Gospel Noctis

02-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephaelus View Post
To me, Diana should be the AP equivalent to Yasuo. Yasuo is hard engage, sustained damage champion who wants to dive into the back lines to burst down carries but is balanced by his incredibly squishy nature. Through clever play he can be a dominant opponent but there are a lot of ways to outplay him. He also requires a lot of skill to play well.

I'd like to see Diana in this spot. I see her as a hard-engage, sustained damage AP champion. Her shield should be a very short duration and perhaps even exchanging places with her current passive. Her Moonsilver Blade could be her new W where the damage scales with ranks with an attack speed active to complement a Nashor's Tooth.

So game-play would be the standard Q-R engage, her passive popping on damage received (or maybe a Q-R consume?), W to boost attack speed for more passive W procs and a second R to escape/disengage. This allows for a) the same play-style as before but she'd no longer "pop" someone and be able to tank out any damage she receives; and b) it opens up counter play to CC her in some fashion (knockup/stun/slow/etc).

It also complements items she's already be buying: Nashor's, Zhonya's, boots. She could also look now at getting a Lichbane and a Deathcap. A Hextech Gunblade may also be attractive to her (as Bloodthirster would be to an AD carry) if she wanted more sustain since the spellvamp would proc off her Q-R and the lifesteal would proc off her attack speed/W-passive.

I like that this would open up a lot of counter play but also not remove what she's good at. I feel it accentuates what she is: a beautiful priestess of the moon who crushes any and all heretics! She is fearless, ruthless and cold.
Except unlike Yasuo Diana is hard gated by mana, isn't AD so only a 3rd of her autos matter, doesn't benefit much from crit/lifesteal, and is actually restricted by cooldowns. Diana is nothing like Yasuo and shouldn't be forced into the same role he currently occupies.

Maximum Jarvan

02-02-2014

So many opinions have popped up from people who don't seem to play Diana at all. It is honestly staggering.

Alorasence

02-02-2014

There is one more thing I'd like to point out before this thread dies.

This annoying myth that Diana has been "difficult to balance". What a load of ****.

Diana was released as a hilariously overpowered champion. And instead of slowly dialing back her power, Riot hit her with gargantuan and aimless nerfs, intended to weaken nothing specific, and reduce her power in every area. There was no focus. No intent. No thought. Every one of her abilites was nerfed without attention to the repercussions of those nerfs. She was hit so hard and so broadly that it was impossible to tell the individual impact of any of the changes.

Her base health regen was the same as Zac's on release. That is just plain stupid. It should never have been anywhere near 10, and even a tank like Zac had to be reduced from 10 after his release. Such ridiculous health regen skewed every number she had on release.

Base values and ratios were nerfed on her q. In general, you should never impose balance changes on both base values and ratios at the same time. It makes it impossible to record the affect of either change.

Her ultimate began at 900 range. And was nerfed down to....many of you may remember.....750! Her ultimate range was nerfed by 150 units, which is more than the auto attack range of melee champions. In one sweeping blow, they made it impossible for her to reach dragon or baron from the wall. I cannot stress how huge a nerf that was. Again, a nerf which was so over the top, that it blurred any other numbers changes that happened at the same time.

There are many more examples of incompetent balance changes to her that anyone can look at with ease.

Diana's post release balance has not been a result of a "difficult to balance champion", but from the general ineptitude of the balance team at Riot.

I cannot stress how capricious the changes have been. Her q was brought from 260 with a 80% ratio all the way down to a 200 base with a 70% ratio. I am, frustrated beyond words, that I am being told by Vesh and by Morello that there wasn't any number in between those poles that would have been balanced.

Don't tell me she is hard to balance. You've painted a wall, thrown feces all over it like a zoo monkey, and then gone about complaining that the paint job was never good to begin with.

plusmayhem

02-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorasence View Post
/snip
The nerfs were brutal and diana needs a buff is all I see

Diana has the kit to be an assassin and is an assassin, however have the lowest scaling of assassins by a fair margin

These values do not include passives or item cruxes (lich bane etc)

Diana = 2.5

Other AP assassins

ahri = 2.56 (does not include % increased damage from charm)

Akali = 2.7

fizz = 2.9

kass = 3.5 (10 stacks of rift walk, included because I used max values for diana, ahri and akali)

kat = 3.75

lb = 3.7

AD assassins

Khazix = 3.97 (assuming isolation for Q and not including ult which scales at 1:1 three times over assuming 3 auto attacks)

Zed = 3.3 (assuming double Q hit, however doesn't include the % scaling of bonus damage from his ult)

Already she scales worse then all other assassins but has lower BASE values too

tl;dr buff diana

Punkin

02-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoxor View Post
You want to make her weaker? Wtf is wrong with you?

Seriously. What the **** is the point of this suggestion? You offered 0 trade offs for reduced second dash damage.

Play the dam champion first a few games before coming in and trying to suggest retarded ways of 'balancing'.
Diggs was replying to the post previous to his. Not offering a flat out nurf.

Diana is a favorite champion to many in this forum. This has created some very passionate posts.
At the end of the day, she will either be buffed or left alone. She will be the champion you always thought she could be, or you will find her broken. I really do not care if she goes bruiser or if she goes assassin, I enjoy playing her with different builds. I am just happy shes getting noticed.

Vesh

Game Designer

02-03-2014
18 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by archonshope View Post
Hi Vesh, this might sound really weird but : could ask the voice actors to think of a real laugh for Diana ?

Like I'm one of those persons who likes to spam laugh in a while. I do it for various reasons : greeting my team mates at the start of the game when you help leach a buff. In dominion to show off your awesome emotes on the platform. If I play solo top and you try to mind game your opponent. most off all for the giggles, it's just for fun and I just like it

There are a few champions that don't have a real laugh like Diana and Darius (2 champs I really do like) but I'm sure their are way more.

when you /l all the say is "ha"

some of my favorite skins to laugh with is hyena Warwick, it's just sooooooooooooo gud (imo still the best laugh in the game for me).

Anyway, yes I understand Diana isn't the person to have a "rich" laughter, she's miss pouty lips that's kinda sad and serious BUT I'm sure you can find a wicked/dangerous laugh that would fit her personality.

"Ha" is just not doing it for me, I'm sorry.

Any chance you could make this happen, talk to the right people?
I think one of her core quirks as a champion is that her sense of humor is a little... off. Personally I love the fact that she lust does the one "hah." It feels appropriate for a champion that doesn't have much to laugh about. (this is personal opinion)

archonshope

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
I think one of her core quirks as a champion is that her sense of humor is a little... off. Personally I love the fact that she lust does the one "hah." It feels appropriate for a champion that doesn't have much to laugh about. (this is personal opinion)
+1 thanks for responding

I totally agree with you that she shouldn't be getting a "joyful" laugh, because like you pointed out she doesn't have much to laugh at with all she has been through.

I honestly think that after all she has been through, she probably still can laugh, with a wicked kind of humor. Not the jinx joyful/wicked but sad/crazy/heretic slaying kind of humor. (I can see her dance on the corpses of her fallen foes, I'm maybe weird like that o.o)

An other good comparison would be Riven the exiled blade who doesn't really have a place where she bellongs and has a more wicked kind of humor.

But like you mentioned, some like it some don't, it's personal preference.

Thanks again for your time

coletrain4ut

02-03-2014

plz buff diana!