Can This Run League Of Legends?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeyUneedAtomat

02-02-2014

Hi I am in the market for a new PC can this run League on at least high settings
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Thanks for the help.

Tundra Fizz

02-02-2014

I would not get that honestly, there are much better computers you can get for $550.

Here are the things that stick out to me why it's a bad buy.

AMD Video Card - No... get NVIDIA.

8GB RAM - For a so-called "Gamer Ultra" desktop; I wouldn't settle for less than 16GB.

The name - "CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra" anyone that attaches the word "gamer" to their product is seriously overpricing their products (Alienware is the biggest offender here). Obviously it can play League of Legends since the specs are fairly good, and League is not that intensive at all.

No 3.0 USB ports - This isn't exactly a big issue... but come on, it's a desktop and it's the year 2014.

No SSD - Like seriously, it's 2014 now; I'd be fine with as little as 32GB honestly.

SoGOOD187

02-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantean Fizz View Post
I would not get that honestly, there are much better computers you can get for $550.

Here are the things that stick out to me why it's a bad buy.

AMD Video Card - No... get NVIDIA

8GB RAM - For a so-called "Gamer Ultra" desktop; I wouldn't settle for less than 16GB

The name - "CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra" anyone that attaches the word "gamer" to their product is seriously overpricing their products (Alienware is the biggest offender here). Obviously it can play League of Legends since the specs are fairly good, and League is not that intensive at all.

No 3.0 USB ports - This isn't exactly a big issue... but come on, it's a desktop and it's the year 2014
you don't understand anything. For gaming u don't need more then 8 GB ram anything above that is unnecessary. Your reason for why the USB ports should not be 3.0 is dumb. And yes I agree NVIDIA is better then AMD, amd is still fine. and yes you can play league easily on it

Tundra Fizz

02-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGOOD187 View Post
you don't understand anything. For gaming u don't need more then 8 GB ram anything above that is unnecessary.
Please note how he wants a "gamer" computer that can play games on high settings. Though he did only mention League of Legends, I'm assuming here that he wants to play several other games on high settings as well (because it's pretty rare for a person to buy a high-end computer to play only a single game that isn't very resource-intensive).

16GB helps a lot for the games that take a lot more memory, and is very useful if you will be running two or three monitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGOOD187 View Post
Your reason for why the USB ports should not be 3.0 is dumb.
Notice how I said, "This isn't exactly a big issue". It's more of a personal preference.

Indyscout

02-02-2014

It will run league fine, though I would try to get a rig with an Nvidia GPU, I have had bad experiences with AMD.

R3volver

02-02-2014

get off Nvidia's Dick.

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2014

Quote:
Please note how he wants a "gamer" computer that can play games on high settings. Though he did only mention League of Legends, I'm assuming here that he wants to play several other games on high settings as well (because it's pretty rare for a person to buy a high-end computer to play only a single game that isn't very resource-intensive).

16GB helps a lot for the games that take a lot more memory, and is very useful if you will be running two or three monitors.

Notice how I said, "This isn't exactly a big issue". It's more of a personal preference.
Rofl. Any tech forum will tell you to get 8GB RAM. There is never ever a situation where you would be using more than 8GB RAM playing games. You mention multiple monitors. Multiple monitors puts strain on your VRAM not your RAM. Your RAM is running the actual games process

Did you know that a single process in Windows can NEVER use over 2GB of RAM unless you specifically edit it to do so? Lol. Fact. (hint: this is the reason you see browsers split into a thousand processes in your task manager when you have a lot of tabs open) Go run the most intensive game or benchmark you can think of and open task manager and please tell me of a situation where you see a process using over 2GB ram. You will never. No gaming computer needs over 8GB RAM.

People like to throw money around and waste it on a lot things when it comes to PC builds, but if you go to any informed tech forums this is the answer you will get.

Dark Pony Prince

02-02-2014

Quote:
AMD Video Card - No... get NVIDIA.
AMD is budget, NVIDIA is high end. 500 dollars is budget.

SoGOOD187

02-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADCisMyReligion View Post
Rofl. Any tech forum will tell you to get 8GB RAM. There is never ever a situation where you would be using more than 8GB RAM playing games. You mention multiple monitors. Multiple monitors puts strain on your VRAM not your RAM. Your RAM is running the actual games process

Did you know that a single process in Windows can NEVER use over 2GB of RAM unless you specifically edit it to do so? Lol. Fact. Go run the most intensive game or benchmark you can think of and open task manager and please tell me of a situation where you see a process using over 2GB ram. You will never. No gaming computer needs over 8GB RAM.

People like to throw money around and waste it on a lot things when it comes to PC builds, but if you go to any informed tech forums this is the answer you will get.
^ this

batosia95136

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2014

I have 24 gigs of ram and I dedicated 16 of them to a RAM disk.

If you don't know what a ramdisk is you don't really have use for more than 8 gigs.

12345 ... 6