So now that Vel'Koz is confirmed..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atrayen

02-02-2014

So we get our Void Turret? =D

Yay! His kit looks absolutely amazing.

bérnkastel

02-02-2014

it really depends on how i feel about his playstyle, but i could see myself buying him. i really like mid laners and monster champs... and aside from vlad i dont really want any more champs. in fact i only bought vi primarily for trading (though playtesting her out she seems really strong to me so i might consider using her)

Sir Cutchry

02-02-2014

When and where was he confirmed? When is he expected to hit the pbe?

Riot Tiki

User Research

02-02-2014
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
I would type a big reply to you about why right now, but I already did ages ago.
Thx for link. Like some of the core concepts you presented in that post, especially from Majora's wrath. To me what stands out about that is how it feels so simultaneously human and alien at the same time.

Męw

02-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tiki View Post
Couple folks here seem really interested in the monster champs, curious what it is about them that you like so much. I personally like that they look so different but wondering what others think.
From my view, they are more fantasy-based which I appreciate. They also take a lot of creativity into mind- while human characters also have much of their own special qualities, monsters are more unique and alien to that concept.

There's a vast amount of concepts to be explored.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2014

Quote:
Thx for link. Like some of the core concepts you presented in that post, especially from Majora's wrath. To me what stands out about that is how it feels so simultaneously human and alien at the same time.
Finally, someone who speaks in abstract! I agree with you on the Majora's Wrath comment, originally you think the mask just has some sort of power(to drive people cray-cray) but when you see it growing arms and legs.. and a disturbing head, you realize it has a mind of it's own. Abstract stuff isn't supposed to just be weird, it's supposed to have meaning. With Vel'Koz it's because he's a creature from the void, and as one, Vel'Koz is presented as a specific part of the body, and has the kit to go with it. For example: both Kog'Maw and Cho'Gath are creatures with extraordinary mouths, and they both also have the theme of a devourer. Now, we don't quite know the lore of Vel'Koz yet, but I'm sure it will also match with the theme of an eye. So far all we have is an "invasion from the outside" theme, and when you invade you send spies, and we've seen Vel'Koz poke an eye into a few videos to fit this theme so far.

/end giddy abstract post, back to assignment due tomorrow XD

PsychoB0b

02-02-2014

Quote:
You didn't even need to ask us, you pretty much got it already XD

Cathulion

02-02-2014

Where was Vel'Koz confirmed?(Source please, not that rumor on SS@20 site)

N49

02-02-2014

Quote:
Couple folks here seem really interested in the monster champs, curious what it is about them that you like so much. I personally like that they look so different but wondering what others think.
My only gripe with the monstrous champs in the league is that they are always male.

Nami isn't a monster, she's adorable.
Cassiopeia while technically counts, is still 50% human.
Shyvana is a transformation cop out, and Elise is a disappointing transformation cop out.
Anitia is just a big critter.

Right now NOTHING in the league lives up to the fantasy of a 100% monster female.

At least on the human front we're slowly seeing more diversity in ladies.

Master Jaman

02-02-2014

I wanna nab Vel'Koz as I'm looking for a good AP champ. Give that b*tch an AP champ. B*tches love AP champions.