@Riot Updates on Shaco rework

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BRBGTGBOWFLEX

02-01-2014

Idk. I just got Shaco and he's amazing. He's also at a 50% winrate. I went 12-2 last game and I've seen a friend of mine in diamond play only Shaco and win nearly every game with him.

Maybe his ult needs a tiny bit of love (summon 6 clones with 1/6th the damage and 1/2th the health of the current one or something), but he's in a good place.

peinnoir

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Reworks can take like a year and sometimes get canned. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of updates for a while.
Thank you for answering our question on the progress of the Shaco rework. Wait....

Sigma117

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBGTGBOWFLEX View Post
Idk. I just got Shaco and he's amazing. He's also at a 50% winrate. I went 12-2 last game and I've seen a friend of mine in diamond play only Shaco and win nearly every game with him.

Maybe his ult needs a tiny bit of love (summon 6 clones with 1/6th the damage and 1/2th the health of the current one or something), but he's in a good place.
Rework isn't too related to winrates. He's a pretty poor design, and is in a feast/famine state right now.

WillKill4FooD

02-01-2014

how difficult is to hire new ppl when you're a rich company? i can't believe he just said that it could take a year to rework him.

Super Explosion

02-01-2014

Quote:
Reworks can take like a year and sometimes get canned. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of updates for a while.
Xelnath, the concern may be more along the lines of "what do you have planned for my favorite champion" rather than "I demand content".

Many times one concern can get translated toward and overlap into another, though.

In the case of reworks, since they are perhaps actively played champions, it may be best to be very open about potential directions and considerations on the forums.

If the designer in charge doesn't want to do that, perhaps another person could provide active details and gather feedback. (Although for reworks especially, you should probably look for designers who like examining tons of player feedback, negative and positive.)

As a company more centered on player enjoyment, perhaps for champion designs you should likely be able to convey the premise to the playerbase in a way that they largely find appealing. (Even without 'big reveals', especially for existing game components.)

Xohs

02-01-2014

Quote:
Any word on when organization will arrive so petty problems like this will disappear?

Because spending an incredible amount of time on something and then just canning it/revising it significantly 80% of time isn't sustainable for a company that relies on new content at a good pace, you guys understand that right?

Strossus Gran

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma117 View Post
If they're canned, and the public know about them wouldn't it be best to say as much? (Same goes for delays)
I'm just guessing, but I'd guess that rework projects start and get ditched a lot more often than we think. Some designer has what he thinks is a good idea for something and sets it up in his spare time, but once he gets it prototyped it turns out to be completely unviable or unfun, so his lightbulb goes out and he has to get back to work on his assigned tasks...or the idea is too much of a change from the core concept of the champion and gets turned over to new champion assets for use in possible future champs. Either of which kills the rework.

Kokonokoo

02-01-2014

Quote:
Thanks for giving hope into your **** team. Just stop talking and leave the real work to the Champion creation team, plx.Thanks.

FFS All is OP

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Xelnath, the concern may be more along the lines of "what do you have planned for my favorite champion" rather than "I demand content".

Many times one concern can get translated toward and overlap into another, though.

In the case of reworks, since they are perhaps actively played champions., it may be best to be very open about potential directions and considerations on the forums.

If the designer in charge doesn't want to do that, perhaps another person could provide active details and gather feedback. (Although for reworks especially, you should probably look for designers who like examining tons of player feedback, negative and positive.)

As a company more centered on player enjoyment, perhaps for champion designs you should likely be able to convey the premise to the playerbase in a way that they largely find appealing. (Even without 'big reveals', especially for existing game components.)
^this

they can at least buff him if they aren't planning on reworking him any time soon.

even something as simple as making any buffs that he's carrying show up on the clone would make him better.

Doct0r Phil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2014

Lol his rework is like his playability.

Non-existent