Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diana x Me

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair fox View Post
I don't get why she should be squishy because she killed a room full of elders or destroying a temple. Everything else can point her towards both bruiser and assassin. If we consider vesh' input of riot wanting assassins to have a way out (which i actually agree with) her do or die attitude would land har in a bruiser spot.

But as you state everyone is going to push for what they want. So what we as community should do is come with ideas and let riot figure out which are best. They are professional game designers for a reason.
Yeah i do agree that it didn't help much but at least i tried. Why do things have to be so confusing or hard to decide on?

archonshope

02-01-2014

Hi Vesh, this might sound really weird but : could ask the voice actors to think of a real laugh for Diana ?

Like I'm one of those persons who likes to spam laugh in a while. I do it for various reasons : greeting my team mates at the start of the game when you help leach a buff. In dominion to show off your awesome emotes on the platform. If I play solo top and you try to mind game your opponent. most off all for the giggles, it's just for fun and I just like it

There are a few champions that don't have a real laugh like Diana and Darius (2 champs I really do like) but I'm sure their are way more.

when you /l all the say is "ha"

some of my favorite skins to laugh with is hyena Warwick, it's just sooooooooooooo gud (imo still the best laugh in the game for me).

Anyway, yes I understand Diana isn't the person to have a "rich" laughter, she's miss pouty lips that's kinda sad and serious BUT I'm sure you can find a wicked/dangerous laugh that would fit her personality.

"Ha" is just not doing it for me, I'm sorry.

Any chance you could make this happen, talk to the right people?

AwsmDevil

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReeboBand View Post
Maybe this will help give us an idea on what she is or supposed to be. I guess regardless of character people will still want to push one way or the other but, i thought id give it a shot anyway to better discern where she belongs from lore.

Fact: Born into the Solari unlike Leona who was born into the Rakkor. She was abused, mistreated and lied to by the Solari. She was to be executed for being a heretic. She broke her bindings through the strength given to her by the moon,killed a room full of elders and destroyed the temple. She wanted the Solari to accept that there were people who once worshiped the moon and to be accepted as a person. She enjoyed being by herself and liked to study and explore. She became cold,bitter and hateful. A vengeful crusader bent on bringing the Solari to justice for the genocide of the Lunari. She gives her foes the choice of revering the moons light or die by the blade.

Now from what i can get out of this.

- Those that are bitter hateful and tend to prefer solitude are nomadic wanderers a lone wolf.
Solo laner/Jungler
- She is very aggressive
Endless pursuit of the target/s and tries to kill enemies as fast as possible with as much force as possible.
- Has an all or nothing/do or die attitude
No backing out or retreating
-(She killed a room full of elders and destroyed the temple.)
So she is a squishy killer that relies on both the blade and destructive magic.

Based on this analysis where do you guys think she belongs/what role does she seem to fit best at?
If she slaughtered everyone with her Moonsilver Blade, shouldn't she be encouraged to slaughter everyone with her Moonsilver Blade?

I also don't get the where squishy came from either. She just butalized everything in her path relentlessly, down to the building itself.(Edit: Misread his post; this point is sorta moot)

Diana x Me

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwsmDevil View Post
If she slaughtered everyone with her Moonsilver Blade, shouldn't she be encouraged to slaughter everyone with her Moonsilver Blade?

I also don't get the where squishy came from either. She just butalized everything in her path relentlessly, down to the building itself.
The elders are most likely squishy being well older and more fragile but, they are trained warriors it says so in Leona's lore that the people of the Solari were warriors turned sun worshipers. I wrongly assumed people would know this /=

AwsmDevil

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReeboBand View Post
The elders are most likely squishy being well older and more fragile but, they are trained warriors it says so in Leona's lore that the people of the Solari were warriors turned sun worshipers. I wrongly assumed people would know this /=
I still don't understand how slaughtering an entire organization of people makes you squishy. The logic just doesn't equate. (Edit: Misread his post. Thought he said Diana was squishy. Still totally don't think she should be all that squishy as a champ though.)

Neomea

02-01-2014

Quote:
I still don't understand how slaughtering an entire organization of people makes you squishy. The logic just doesn't equate.
Oh dear lord, he's not saying Diana is squishy, he's saying the elders were. In other words she kills squishies, a squishy killer. READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD YAH!

AwsmDevil

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu Yuri View Post
Oh dear lord, he's not saying Diana is squishy, he's saying the elders were. In other words she kills squishies, a squishy killer. READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD YAH!
Yep, totally misread that. I apologize.

So then, Diana in no way is distinctly described or implied to be either squishy or an assassin in her lore. Why are people so insistent that she be one then?

Diana x Me

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu Yuri View Post
Oh finally someone understands thank you for the input. Its a cold and lonely world out there. I wasnt sure what was wrong with my logic. I thought it was sound.

Maximum Jarvan

02-01-2014

Quote:

So then, Diana in no way is distinctly described or implied to be either squishy or an assassin in her lore. Why are people so insistent that she be one then?
Why are you insistent that she be some wonky DPS bruiser? Assassins get kills better than bruisers. As the more efficient champion killing class assassin fits better than bruiser.

Diana x Me

02-01-2014

Quote:

never implied she was. I was trying to pull what I could out of the lore to find a bearing on what she is supposed to be. But as you can see that was unsuccessful.