Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pink Pony 78

01-31-2014

Dear League Of Legends Community,

I think this idea would be extremely useful and a HUGE majority of players who enjoy playing league competitively would agree with it and want Riot to incorporate it into the game. you know how your MMR simply goes up or down because you win or lose a game? Well What if a really skilled player gets a DC, or gets a troll, or sum1 who intentionally feeds, or just plain terrible teammates who are toxic and refuse to communicate and you lose a lot of games in a row. your MMR is going to just plummet and then you got a very skilled player stuck in ELO HELL which is very difficult to carry your team out of because its a team based game, Sucks right?? Here is what I suggest, Instead of having your MMR go up when you win and go down when you lose. I think your MMR should be based off how well you have played your games, for example.. you win a game and you did A TON of damage to the enemy team based off your stats in the lobby. and you went lets say 22-4-18 which is considered pretty well, and your other teammates did fair not near as good as you but fair. Since you played so well you should be the MVP on your team which means you got 1st place out of your 5 teammates based off your stats and whoever did second best compared to with with kills, assists, deaths, damage done, and damage taken should be second and so on. so since you got first you get the most MMR bonus on your team then the guy in second gets almost as much and the guy in third gets a good amount and so on since your team won and you played very well.. now lets say you lose... and you still did the best on your team you got MVP and had great stats like 15-5-14, your MMR should still go up because you did best on your team but it shouldn't go up much at all just a little because you still lost. and your teammate in second and third should have no MMR bonus or Minus but 4th and 5th place on your team should lose MMR because they did place the worst on your team and lost. I think this way it will keep good players playing against good players and not so good players playing not so good players, lets face it if you go 30-5-23 with 90k damage done to the enemy and 50k damage taken cause your that beast and you lose and the closest guy on your team went 10-17-8 with barely any stats do you think its fair you should lose MMR for playing soo well and your team not being skilled enough to help you win? I think not.

FeiXue

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Pony 78 View Post
Dear League Of Legends Community,

I think this idea would be extremely useful and a HUGE majority of players who enjoy playing league competitively would agree with it and want Riot to incorporate it into the game. you know how your MMR simply goes up or down because you win or lose a game? Well What if a really skilled player gets a DC, or gets a troll, or sum1 who intentionally feeds, or just plain terrible teammates who are toxic and refuse to communicate and you lose a lot of games in a row. your MMR is going to just plummet and then you got a very skilled player stuck in ELO HELL which is very difficult to carry your team out of because its a team based game, Sucks right?? Here is what I suggest, Instead of having your MMR go up when you win and go down when you lose. I think your MMR should be based off how well you have played your games, for example.. you win a game and you did A TON of damage to the enemy team based off your stats in the lobby. and you went lets say 22-4-18 which is considered pretty well, and your other teammates did fair not near as good as you but fair. Since you played so well you should be the MVP on your team which means you got 1st place out of your 5 teammates based off your stats and whoever did second best compared to with with kills, assists, deaths, damage done, and damage taken should be second and so on. so since you got first you get the most MMR bonus on your team then the guy in second gets almost as much and the guy in third gets a good amount and so on since your team won and you played very well.. now lets say you lose... and you still did the best on your team you got MVP and had great stats like 15-5-14, your MMR should still go up because you did best on your team but it shouldn't go up much at all just a little because you still lost. and your teammate in second and third should have no MMR bonus or Minus but 4th and 5th place on your team should lose MMR because they did place the worst on your team and lost. I think this way it will keep good players playing against good players and not so good players playing not so good players, lets face it if you go 30-5-23 with 90k damage done to the enemy and 50k damage taken cause your that beast and you lose and the closest guy on your team went 10-17-8 with barely any stats do you think its fair you should lose MMR for playing soo well and your team not being skilled enough to help you win? I think not.
lolskill did it better.

Stevens Haley

01-31-2014

Riot you keep talking about how you guys are implementing this system in but your taking forever! Wat the **** is wrong with u ****en nerds?? Why do u take so long to update all this ****??? People are paying money for this ****en game and you kids are always taking ur time with updating it! ****en hurry the **** up!

the baggad

01-31-2014

Lol finally a game without trolls!!!! Omg lmao

the baggad

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens Haley View Post
Riot you keep talking about how you guys are implementing this system in but your taking forever! Wat the **** is wrong with u ****en nerds?? Why do u take so long to update all this ****??? People are paying money for this ****en game and you kids are always taking ur time with updating it! ****en hurry the **** up!
you sound more of the kid here dude(all the cussing and stuff lol,much tantrum very rage), you are lucky this game is even free, lol (just a thought)

MegaBarn

01-31-2014

This will be great, so stoked

Marvelous Mango

01-31-2014

nice

JPlayah

01-31-2014

It's great that this is on PBE. When can we expect to see this in the official client?

Stevens Haley

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by the baggad View Post
you sound more of the kid here dude(all the cussing and stuff lol,much tantrum very rage), you are lucky this game is even free, lol (just a thought)
please stfu bronzie trash....i rage cause i have the right to....as for me being lucky that the game is free; are you retarded? If this game wasnt free, more than HALF the people that play league wouldnt have even joined and the half would quit....guaranteed...learn yo **** 12 yr old.

The1992Phoenix

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens Haley View Post
*Rages*
Listen, a few things:

First, Team Builder was announced and will hopefully be implemented soon. However, from what I have read about Riot's posts and from what I could follow up on the PBE, I can safely say the Team Builder is still in Alpha/early Beta. That means there still a lot of bugfixing, features which are yet to be implemented, fine-tuning - in short, all sorts of work - to do regarding it.

Something like this which would literaly redefine how we play the game (greatly reducing the amount of trolls, more cooperation, more experimentation and freedom, more ability to play as you want to play... And much more) must be thoroughly tested before it comes out. Else people sharing your attitude would just complain about how incomplete/bugged the Team Builder is at the moment and that simply would not help it's development, only slow it since genuine bug reports would be harder to find.

Finally, let me state this: Yes, this is a free game. I have not paid (nor can I) pay one cent for it. However, you should respect that and thank the developers for giving you the best they can iregardless of your status as a customer and/or player. No-one is against criticism or questions (there are around 100 Riot posts in this thread, in several cases they even took the time to reply to repeated questions) but there is clearly defined line between useless rage and constructive/useful criticism/questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPlayah View Post
It's great that this is on PBE. When can we expect to see this in the official client?
Do not take my word for it, but my estimate is that anywhere between a few weeks to several months. Depends on how quickly they can implement the features and how smooth the testing goes.

That said, I am sure we are all excited to see this feature come into the main game so best of luck to all testers and a big 'thank you' to Riot for working on it! I am eager to make little and big experiments with roles and champions.