Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
34 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monathin View Post
Are there any plans in the pipeline that you can share with us about giving The Great Steam Golem some love? I love Blitzcrank, but I feel like he's one of the more sidelined champs, both lore and art-wise, for being so "iconic" to League. I love playing as him and I never go into the game with out the Riot Blitzcrank skin, but I was wondering if there were any plans to bring his look and animations up to par with the newer champs.
An artist was working on a model for him in his spare time just for fun off of a concept I did for style guide exploration a while back. One of the reasons I took him on was because he's iconic. He's not prioritized yet but I'd like to get him in there. He's a really great playground.

Kvn

01-31-2014

Hey @IronStylus
I feel like Tryndamere could have a super quick VU
His icons look really REALLY weird, (his w is some scared skeleton thing lol what?)
and I feel like the E spin effect could be changed on some skins:
warring kingdom tryndamere has a cool spin that looks like the moon
demonblade tryndamere definitely needs a spin effect on his E because he is legendary, yet somehow only Sultan tryndamere has the custom effect

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
35 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
Do you honestly expect us to believe that you have no idea or never questioned "wtf is taking the champion development team so long?"

Please stop lying Riot. We know you guys are either lazy or Tencent is being greedy and not funding this game anymore than they have to, since they get most of their money from new players.
Actually, me lying would be saying something like.. "You're doing a great deal to contribute to this conversation in a positive way"

US Economy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

So I know you aren't on the skins/champion team but since you do work on skins for relaunches I have a question. I know the goal of the new champion release schedule is so we don't have 200 champions in the near future which would just bloat the game, but what about skins; why has the skin production slowed down also? Its not like more skins bloat the game or anything. Back when you guys were releasing skins pretty frequently, they still had new particle effects on them. Whereas now, they have particle effects also but just take 10x longer to release. I play quite a few champions but none of them have gotten a skin recently :/ (Nunu, Panth, Eve, Gragas, Malphite)

And I dont mean for this to come off as rude, I'm just curious

namielise

01-31-2014

i'm just really curious about taric where is he on that list?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
36 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunal View Post
The fact that Taric is asked so much about, and the fact that Ironstylus has gone quiet on him lately -- plus the news of a slight kit rework. Everything points to him being fairly soon.

I feel he is also a low-risk VU. Thematically they know he's fine. It's just a case of making him look more fabulous. So unlike Sion or Evelynn, he shouldn't be too complex beyond what his armor should look like. That's another thing that points towards being close.

I could be wrong, but it's my theory nonetheless.
Taric is a high priority, because man.. is he outdated.. but the idea of him being "low-risk" is completely not the case. He's been challenging to conceptually lock down.

destructionX

01-31-2014

i gotta ask. anything for the master of metal mordekaiser? he looks outdated and his spells are....not the greatest looking i guess you can say? and his size still doesnt fit him. maybe something similar to what rammus got a little while ago at least?

namielise

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Taric is a high priority, because man.. is he outdated.. but the idea of him being "low-risk" is completely not the case. He's been challenging to conceptually lock down.
THANK YOU! because i think he the most champ in need of a VU so thank you again!
and i cannot thank you enough for being here with us!finally someone who is willing to give some answers and that's why you are my n1 red.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
37 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
Yeah.. so.. remember when you guys said you'd slow down champion production to have a second team to release VU's every month or two?
How's that workin' out for you?
You're right. I'll take the fall. It's totally blown up in my face and the world is coming to an end. My apologies, I'll go fall on my sword now

Cool?

Super Explosion

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Right now she's a whole pile of confusion, that has to get solved. We have a few people, including myself, doing concepts, but we haven't broken ground on what she is and the thematic direction we want to take.
An assassin who slips through the shadows from victim to victim, and gives off a femme fatale raver girl vibe?

She's probably a good deal like Slark from Dota: Assassinates enemies. Also a carry.

I'd say solving some of her issues would be solving some of the things in League that prevent melee from building glass cannon without having titanic burst.

Eve should probably tear through enemies in a continuous manner, perhaps with 'microbursts', rather than the all-in-all-out style of something like Zed.