Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bejango

01-31-2014

So since I remember seeing somewhere Taric may be getting a new ult and he's been talked about before VU wise, is Taric anywhere on the list or even upcoming this year? Also please do not DO NOT change his voice actor if he gets a VU just get the same guy back like with Yi I personally find Taric's voice one of the big things that makes him who he is.

Shifter TJC

01-31-2014

I just wanted to pop in to say thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing. I've seen some hate about people wanting more champions / skins / VU's, but i'm not sure they know exactly how much work goes into designing and making/remaking champions. Just wanted to let you know that you guys are doing an amazing job and you definitely have some appreciation =) keep up the good work fellas!

True Axis Hero

01-31-2014

How far down the pipeline are Taric and Galio coming along?

It's been forever since Galio got any love directed at him which really sucks since I like Galio.

Dunal

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejango View Post
So since I remember seeing somewhere Taric may be getting a new ult and he's been talked about before VU wise, is Taric anywhere on the list or even upcoming this year? Also please do not DO NOT change his voice actor if he gets a VU just get the same guy back like with Yi I personally find Taric's voice one of the big things that makes him who he is.
The fact that Taric is asked so much about, and the fact that Ironstylus has gone quiet on him lately -- plus the news of a slight kit rework. Everything points to him being fairly soon.

I feel he is also a low-risk VU. Thematically they know he's fine. It's just a case of making him look more fabulous. So unlike Sion or Evelynn, he shouldn't be too complex beyond what his armor should look like. That's another thing that points towards being close.

I could be wrong, but it's my theory nonetheless.

DarthHindu

01-31-2014

Pantheon Would be breat his ult could break the ground or somthing and he look really old and needs a new rework for voice and body

Linna Excel

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Eve currently sits in the "what is she?" land of concept development. She needs something more of a hook than just "blue lady in tights". Maybe she's a shadow isles hybrid. Maybe she's a demon. She needs not just an update in fidelity, she needs a thematic overhaul. That said, she'll probably get a traditional skin to go with whatever we do with her. We're only just in the early, early phases of her development. Very slow burn.
Thank you for the response IronStylus. This brings up a question, how do you guys decide something like this when there are multiple possible answers?

Evelynn could be:
1. demon
2. shadow islands hybrid
3. a spy/assassin
4. magical accident (would explain her hair)
5. requisite blue alien chick
6. in makeup (like a punk rocker and this is her theme)
7. vigilante super hero or a super villian (let's be honest, current Evelynn would be fine in a comic book visually)
8. under some sort of curse or born with strange powers and feared because of it (like Disney's frozen or beauty in the beast).
9. Since I'm mentioning disney, she could be the female villian to some princess (or the princess to some evil villain). Putting the last two together she could be the previous Lissandra who somehow survived, but was left as she is now and maybe her new found passive let her escape.

You could work any of those into being a new Eve or maybe take one of those ideas and put it into a new champ. So is there any methodology to this or does someone just say I like 8 or I like a mix of 4 and 6?

Noraver

01-31-2014

Quote:
Yeah.. so.. remember the part where I'm on the Relaunch team and not the Champion team?
Yeah.. so.. remember when you guys said you'd slow down champion production to have a second team to release VU's every month or two?
How's that workin' out for you?

Monathin

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
Yeah.. so.. remember when you guys said you'd slow down champion production to have a second team to release VU's every month or two?
Quit being a ******, man.

Clave Redwyn

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
I think what Noraver is trying to say is that some of the initial charm of what a small game can be was lost after season 2 and what has come since doesn't necessarily fill the void that was largely caused by the games expansion. I miss the lore team (the corny newspaper was the best), I miss the frequent item and champion changes and I miss being able to talk to the game creators on the boards and get regular responses. Hell, I used to be able to contact RIOT support and send a picture of an armored bear for the 1 or 2 rp I was missing for a skin.

On a more constructive note, as someone who has loved your game from day one, it would be nice to see releases that affect the community as a whole and embellish the world of runeterra in a more meaningful way. When RIOT releases a new server or re-releases skins it doesn't really add anything to the current consumerís experience. Personally I would be much happier with events like Freljord (which by the way was awesome). Not to be nitpicky, but since Lissandra won the war via consumer input, wouldn't it be appropriate to do a follow up event ASAP?

Just an idea, but if you could correspond say 2 of your champion VU's with the second chapter in the story arc (much like you did with trundles VU and original Freljord content)I would be ecstatic.

Leona is love, leona is life. Praise the sun.

MobiIe Ward

01-31-2014

Quote:
<-- Relaunch Team, not Champion Team.
Do you honestly expect us to believe that you have no idea or never questioned "wtf is taking the champion development team so long?"

Please stop lying Riot. We know you guys are either lazy or Tencent is being greedy and not funding this game anymore than they have to, since they get most of their money from new players.