Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemiluniS

01-30-2014

can you say anything about evelynn, it was a long time since her rework, the new twisted tree line lacks special interaction with her, the conversation about her identification. You said you we're pretty close to locking down her concept, but it seems it didn't go any farther. I guess we need to wait for her VU til the next shadow isles event in this rate.

Ehtna

01-30-2014

Lord Parrot, what is the current status on Poppy if you don't mind me asking? I know her kit technically works in the game, but as it exists now she can't ever be allowed to be a decent pick. I know Sion takes priority since he's a complete mess, however Poppy is probably the next worse off in terms of game play.

CrimsonCzar

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
<-- Relaunch Team, not Champion Team.
What do you think of the Chinese artwork of Leona? And do you think Leona will need an update anytime soon?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-30-2014
23 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjusuke View Post
where are you guys at with the Karthus/Kassadin VU? Last we got any info on it you guys were continually putting them off because cloth is hard or something.

Karthus is not scary. At all. He looks damn weird in the current game.
And Kassadin is long overdue for some visual love, he's not a harbinger of void, he's a derpy cthulu-triangle-man lol

where are these in the pipeline?
Karthus is in the pre-production concept phase. No ballpark date whatsoever though.

Nothing on Kassadin, but I'd like to put him into pre-production soon.

Best KhaZix Void

01-30-2014

Quote:
We've got some nice ideas for a good VU approach for Zilean. Not slotted, not in pre-production, nowhere on the list at the moment. Time will tell...
Time will tell.
geddit
How's Cho doing on VU status? I know he's on the list, and not as bad as some other champs, but could he be getting any love soon? I'd love to see arguably the most dangerous champion in the entirety of the League look the part more than he does now.
Apologies if you answered this.

leux6

01-30-2014

Quote:
Probably.
OHHHH thanks you :3...so can we discuss mf character? when you do the VU on her are you going to exploit more for the sexy part of her o are you willing to explore she being a captain of a pirate crew...lets think ruby heart from marvel vs capcom2...I have so many *3* expectations for mf vu XD sorry :c

ProfDrDeath

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
That's what you guys said last year...

"Expect the unexpected."

Gotta say, biweekly champions were more interesting (And still had amazing art and gameplay) than some of the stuff that's been released recently.

Draven, for example. Everyone loves him, great art, smooth animations, fun as hell.

Last year's content?
Don't get me started on Quinn and Lissandra..
Great lore and community interaction, but they've been forgotten and are both out-shined.
I wouldn't even call them niche picks, because they have no niche to fill.
Quinn is a great champion, just not a conventional AD carry.
Lissandra is an on/off pick in the LCS, who's, while not in every game, still seen regularily.

True Valtiel

01-30-2014

@ mr stylus, do you ever feel that not being able to speak about future projects makes life difficult when talking to the community (i feel sorry because sometimes you can tell that there is stuff you really want to talk about).

Also, would it be possibly to make the homicidal shrew known as Teemo look more like the community visualise him in a future VU. You know, devil horns, sharp teeth, a tattoo on his forhead saying "kill me now".

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-30-2014
24 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzmaster View Post
Can we expect any news on the Yordles front? Whether it be reworks, visual updates, whatever?

I honestly feel like the race as a whole needs a re-definition and a widespread visual update to actually make them fit into the world. They're just all over the place as far as visuals go, including number of fingers/toes, types of ears/noses, etc. etc. Is this perhaps why we haven't seen a Yordle release in close to 2 years now?
With one relaunch, we're currently diving into yordles. It's going to set a precedent, and off of that we'll base the Great Yordle Unification Pass (YUP) of 2014 will be started. Currently our goal, even if we lack a style guide on yordles, is to bring them more in line with Ziggs and Lulu, our current standard for male and female yordles.

exec3

01-30-2014

Quote:
Funny thing is, I think we could simply replace base Renekton's head and we'd be cool. His animations are fine, his rig is fine, his particles are decent, his face just looks a little derpy. I'd like it to fall in line with the splash.
But wouldn't that be off thematically having Nasus's and Renekton's voices so different? Also I think the model and animations are great but the textures are slightly muddy, I think he could get a TU and some particle love.

Also are those splash arts NA or Chinese? I remember when they changed and I wasn't a fan, he looked more like a dinosaur than a crocodile but that's just me.