Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
19 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabinSuplex View Post
Stop this **** and give me team builder.
I'll get right on that, but it's gunna be really ****ty, because.. ya know.. I'm an artist. Good feedback though.

Shinjusuke

01-31-2014

where are you guys at with the Karthus/Kassadin VU? Last we got any info on it you guys were continually putting them off because cloth is hard or something.

Karthus is not scary. At all. He looks damn weird in the current game.
And Kassadin is long overdue for some visual love, he's not a harbinger of void, he's a derpy cthulu-triangle-man lol

where are these in the pipeline?

CynicalGiant

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjusuke View Post
where are you guys at with the Karthus/Kassadin VU? Last we got any info on it you guys were continually putting them off because cloth is hard or something.

Karthus is not scary. At all. He looks damn weird in the current game.
And Kassadin is long overdue for some visual love, he's not a harbinger of void, he's a derpy cthulu-triangle-man lol

where are these in the pipeline?
They also need better backstories and voice lines to fit better thematically.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
20 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leux6 View Post
is Mf gonna get a vu someday?
Probably.

Blizzmaster

01-31-2014

Can we expect any news on the Yordles front? Whether it be reworks, visual updates, whatever?

I honestly feel like the race as a whole needs a re-definition and a widespread visual update to actually make them fit into the world. They're just all over the place as far as visuals go, including number of fingers/toes, types of ears/noses, etc. etc. Is this perhaps why we haven't seen a Yordle release in close to 2 years now?

Neo Cyrus

01-31-2014

This is semi off topic but any reason why the loading art for the latest skins seem super low res and heavily dithered? Reminds me pngs in the early 90s.

Also, the last ETA you gave for another Diana is "6 months", that would make it 2 years from her launch or so. Is there an actual ETA or nothing planned so far? I ask because the in-game model for the Lunar skin was not the cup of tea some of us wanted, in your own words.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
21 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur Teemo View Post
Should we expect another month or so before a new champion?
<-- Relaunch Team, not Champion Team.

Ophirr

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
This is semi off topic but any reason why the loading art for the latest skins seem super low res and heavily dithered? Reminds me pngs in the early 90s.

Also, the last ETA you gave for another Diana is "6 months", that would make it 2 years from her launch or so. Is there an actual ETA or nothing planned so far? I ask because the in-game model for the Lunar skin was not the cup of tea some of us wanted, in your own words.
But the lunar skin is sooo beautiful. The splash art... The particles...

ProfDrDeath

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Well, Sion needs something. But I do like the idea of reinforcing. I'm not 100% up on his current lore, but the idea of a giant undead brute who signifies the glory of old Noxus is a pretty good playground.
Connect him both to the Shadow Isles and his current lore?

Like, he is that mighty Noxian Warrior of old, who had a funeral at sea after falling in a glorious battle? Then, somehow, after centuries, he ended up on the Shadow Isles, where the unholy magic of the place restored him to (un)life. However, still feeling loyal to his home, he took off and managed to find his way into Demacia, where, disconnected from the powers that revived him, he got weak enough to be "killed" by Garen after slaughtering a few passing patrols. However, word of Sion also reached Noxian ears, and, before his disappearance, General Du Couteau commanded Katarina and Talon to snatch Sion's remains from Demacian hands. After getting him back to Noxus, Sion was revived again, as the Noxians are also quite skilled in the Necromantic arts. Henceforth, he fought for Noxus in the League, glad to be able to serve his people again...and maybe looking for settling that score with Garen?

That way, he could be put within the "old" fraction of Noxus, together with Kat, Talon, Cass and Riven.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
22 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridiculed View Post
Have you guys ever talked about Zilean?
Granted he's not as bad as say Sion on the "he need's some love" list, but as a very large fan of Zilean as a whole I have to say that he needs some love.

After the changes to every other global range spell, ability and passive I figure he's on the hit list.
I also was seriously worried about him getting hit with the "nerf-bat" after seeing some LCS play.

I guess I'd just like someone else to be worried about one of my favorite heroes like I am, because noone even talks about Zilean any more.
We've got some nice ideas for a good VU approach for Zilean. Not slotted, not in pre-production, nowhere on the list at the moment. Time will tell...