Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lans1ing

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur Teemo View Post
Hey morello, I have a suggestion.

If you wanted to repurpose diana into a more tanky fighter initiator How about keep the q as is

have her w scale off of another source.

And then have her r do no damage and rather either give her another shield or increase her attack speed?

She loses the annoying q r r burst keeps the ability to stick to targets and becomes more tanky better passive synergy as a result.
We simply want her q and e to be buffed. We as Diana players don't want Morello or anyone else making any drastic changes to her kit because they are absolutely not needed. So stop suggesting such ideas. This thread is about her needing buffs not a kit change.

Monsieur Teemo

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lans1ing View Post
We simply want her q and e to be buffed. We as Diana players don't want Morello or anyone else making any drastic changes to her kit because they are absolutely not needed. So stop suggesting such ideas. This thread is about her needing buffs not a kit change.
She does need to be changed. You may not accept it but diana will always be in a awkard state of just too op or just under buffed. she needs drastic changes and thats what im suggesting

Vesh

Game Designer

01-31-2014
13 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatorrr View Post
It's not about how well she performs RIGHT NOW, it's about how her kit informs her gameplay. I argue that her passive and shield and CC and all-in nature is more fighter than assassin. You're right that she can't go head to head with other fighters like Olaf, but I would like to see her in a state where she does. That to me is a lot more fun than another "derp derp assassin derp" especially one that can't or doesn't want to escape. THATS THE IDENTITY CRISIS SHE HAS. Assassins are In-N-Out because they are fragile. Diana's kit traded the Out for tankiness, and that makes for a hard to balance champion.
Yes. yes exactly.

Lans1ing

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Yes. yes exactly.
so when can we expect some changes?

plusmayhem

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur Teemo View Post
She does need to be changed. You may not accept it but diana will always be in a awkard state of just too op or just under buffed. she needs drastic changes and thats what im suggesting
you may as well change akali too then, because her Q R R burst will be completed in a similar time frame but if she detonates her Q mark then it will also out damage what the diana Q-R-R burst will do

Diana is my favorite champion and I believe she is an assassin foremost before fighter, thematically as the antithesis to leona who's a tanky support diana as an assassin fits better.

Probably noteworthy I don't think an assassin is a champ who gets in then gets out (assassins in league don't kill 1 person in a team fight then sit the rest of it out) but rather someone who slips into the back line and eliminates the highest priority target, then proceeds to the next highest priority target

I have followed this thread with interest due to diana being my favorite champion and I don't mean to sound bias but the changes I suggested about half way down on page 37 are the best changes without overloading her or removing and changing an entire part of her current kit, the fact it allows her to be a better assassin but still enough build diversity for the people who enjoy her has a DPS champ

I also think OPs suggested assassin changes are also pretty good

Super Explosion

01-31-2014

Quote:
Yes. yes exactly.
Well I mean you could always make her an assassin by giving her an 'out'.

But she's perhaps more of a stand and fight champion thematically, with some spectral mobility elements.

What happens if using an ability gives her more attack speed: with Q damage reduced, faster cast, R damage reduced.

That's a potentially more aggressive autoattack paradigm.

But as I've perhaps said previously, without defense to resist the high range disables/kills in League, she might not be able to survive long for it.

Lans1ing

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusmayhem View Post
you may as well change akali too then, because her Q R R burst will be completed in a similar time frame but if she detonates her Q mark then it will also out damage what the diana Q-R-R burst will do

Diana is my favorite champion and I believe she is an assassin foremost before fighter, thematically as the antithesis to leona who's a tanky support diana as an assassin fits better.

Probably noteworthy I don't think an assassin is a champ who gets in then gets out (assassins in league don't kill 1 person in a team fight then sit the rest of it out) but rather someone who slips into the back line and eliminates the highest priority target, then proceeds to the next highest priority target

I have followed this thread with interest due to diana being my favorite champion and I don't mean to sound bias but the changes I suggested about half way down on page 37 are the best changes without overloading her or removing and changing an entire part of her current kit, the fact it allows her to be a better assassin but still enough build diversity for the people who enjoy her has a DPS champ

I also think OPs suggested assassin changes are also pretty good
I red your suggestion on page 37 and I must say after reading everyone's opinion i strongly agree with yours. With your take she can still be the Diana you and I love and we can still chose a path to make her tanky or assassin. Well DONE!

plusmayhem

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lans1ing View Post
I red your suggestion on page 37 and I must say after reading everyone's opinion i strongly agree with yours. With your take she can still be the Diana you and I love and we can still chose a path to make her tanky or assassin. Well DONE!
enjoy my upvote :>

Vesh

Game Designer

01-31-2014
14 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
But she's perhaps more of a stand and fight champion thematically, with some spectral mobility elements.
Diana doesn't hit and run. She chases down a heretic, slays them with her blade and then goes to the next one. She doesn't jump onto one of them and run away/do nothing for 10 seconds.

Thematically I think a more fighter style fits her, but at the core I think the gameplay is what should drive any adjustments.

It should still feel great to Q->R->E->W into a fight. I just want to make sure the actions that follow that feel good to Diana and don't feel like utter bull**** to her opponents. Fighter doesn't mean she only autoattacks. It means she has tools to help her deal sustained damage but she can still have bursty moments to finish someone off or even to engage with she at the end of the day shes also a champion that scales with AP.

Lans1ing

01-31-2014

Quote:
Diana doesn't hit and run. She chases down a heretic, slays them with her blade and then goes to the next one. She doesn't jump onto one of them and run away/do nothing for 10 seconds.

Thematically I think a more fighter style fits her, but at the core I think the gameplay is what should drive any adjustments.

It should still feel great to Q->R->E->W into a fight. I just want to make sure the actions that follow that feel good to Diana and don't feel like utter bull**** to her opponents. Fighter doesn't mean she only autoattacks. It means she has tools to help her deal sustained damage but she can still have bursty moments to finish someone off or even to engage with she at the end of the day shes also a champion that scales with AP.
Vesh can you please give us an ETA on her changes?