Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
8 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauros113 View Post
While you're here IronStylus, what makes your guys decide whether to announce reworks ahead of time or not? For example, the Master Yi and Annie ones were surprises, while Soraka and Sion (at some point) were/are asked about for months.
We like to let people know we're addressing, be it slowly sometimes, the big elephants in the room. Like Sion. He's a major issue in the game for many many reasons. Because he's far out, and we have no dates attached to him, the benefit of telling the community "hey, we got this" is helpful in showing that we at least have it on our plate.

On the other side of it, characters like Master Yi, being a bit straightforward and not as intense of a UV/Rework, was a nice surprise that we could keep a lid on because it wasn't some dramatic thematic/artistic/gameplay abomination (Well.. AP Yi.. sooooo.. yeah) That was one of our easier relaunches to do because of the concept being pretty much established, the charm identified, and most of the production time just spent on making the visuals awesome.

Case by case basis really. I feel there needs to be a balance of "Hey, yes, we know this one thing is a big deal, here's where we are." and "HEY LOOK! It's a thing you didn't expect and it's SHINY NOW!"

Ezrello

01-31-2014

Do you have anything planned for cho'gath, he could really use a texture update.

Also, there is so much you could do with Ezreal. :3

exec3

01-31-2014

I hope Mundo is close to getting a VU, he seems pretty solid as far as thematics go. I'd love to grab Corporate Mundo depending on how epic it looks post VU. We will still have the original Mundo VO/actor won't we? I can't imagine anyone else doing Mundo.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
9 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefang Warwick View Post
I kinda hope Warwick is 1 of the 4, but Zenon said he won't get his VU until his rework is finished which is a ways off.

Still excited for the others though!
Actually.. Warwick has recently come up on my radar.. We may try to figure out a way to slot him somewhere in between or after what we have planned for this year so far.

NO GUARANTEES. But we're doing some very VERY early exploratory work.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
10 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec3 View Post
I'm more worried atm about Renektons eventual update and the inevitable voice change to bring him in line with Nasus. There are better ways to present otherworldy than a voice filter. At the least don't change the voice for some of his skins like Pool Party Renekton, a voice filter would be so off with that skin.
Funny thing is, I think we could simply replace base Renekton's head and we'd be cool. His animations are fine, his rig is fine, his particles are decent, his face just looks a little derpy. I'd like it to fall in line with the splash.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
11 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlon View Post
Speaking of "reinforcing/revamping story", and also speaking of the inevitable Sion Relaunch, I personally really hope they don't throw away Sion's original story. Reinforce it, sure, but I hope it isn't just remade into something as stupid as... ugh, Kat's new lore...

I swear, kitae... >_<
Well, Sion needs something. But I do like the idea of reinforcing. I'm not 100% up on his current lore, but the idea of a giant undead brute who signifies the glory of old Noxus is a pretty good playground.

Monsieur Teemo

01-31-2014

Should we expect another month or so before a new champion?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
12 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
That's what you guys said last year...

"Expect the unexpected."

Gotta say, biweekly champions were more interesting (And still had amazing art and gameplay) than some of the stuff that's been released recently.

Draven, for example. Everyone loves him, great art, smooth animations, fun as hell.

Last year's content?
Don't get me started on Quinn and Lissandra..
Great lore and community interaction, but they've been forgotten and are both out-shined.
I wouldn't even call them niche picks, because they have no niche to fill.
Yeah.. so.. remember the part where I'm on the Relaunch team and not the Champion team?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
13 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Bebop View Post
how about, instead of throwing money at pretty pictures that affect 30-60 seconds of the experience you commit more money/developers to team builder.

pre-game toxicity is literally killing this game for me and god knows how many others right now

it seems like it should be a priority considering how many people i hear saying they just can't play league anymore because the game is so effing toxic from the outset of a game
Onboaring/resource allocation don't quite mean what I think you think they mean.

EpicSmurfAccount

01-31-2014

Mr. Parrot, are there any skins in the works for Quinn? Were you involved in the Steel Legion Skin Series, and is there any chance the Quinn could get one done up for her? Also, do you have any Quinn concept art lying around - I'm looking for a new desktop background.

EDIT: Also, Pirate Quinn. Could be a nice way for you to get a Giant Parrot into the game.