Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TenSlashTen

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Zac Candy View Post
IronStylus I found a parrot gif i think you'll love.
Attachment 887117
I liked it alot.
Me: "yaaaaaaaahhhh!"

Skias

01-30-2014

Hey Mr. Parrot, is Rumble's new skin (when its done) going to make it easier for future Rumble skins? I know it's been said that he is difficult due to the (I believe) immense amount of animations he has. Or it was his rigging. I can't recall. Any birdly insight on this you could share with us?

Cepheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

First time ive been glad that riot never meets their deadlines. I know Soraka is lined up to get screwed by one of these relaunches because they wont just put her back to where she was balanced and admit they were wrong to nerf her.

Soraka does not need a rework and as someone who has mained her since season 1 I am begging you to not changer her kit unless its retroactively.

Robot Bebop

01-30-2014

how about, instead of throwing money at pretty pictures that affect 30-60 seconds of the experience you commit more money/developers to team builder.

pre-game toxicity is literally killing this game for me and god knows how many others right now

it seems like it should be a priority considering how many people i hear saying they just can't play league anymore because the game is so effing toxic from the outset of a game

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

01-30-2014
3 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTIN8 View Post
So, uhhhhh, wanna tell anything about the Sion Art Style that you chose? I really love playing the big guy, and it would be great to hear what the plans are.
We can't share our plans this far in advance, but I can tell you this, after working at Riot a few years, I've never seen so many people pumped up to work on a project.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-30-2014
4 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiasVonSki View Post
Hey Mr. Parrot, is Rumble's new skin (when its done) going to make it easier for future Rumble skins? I know it's been said that he is difficult due to the (I believe) immense amount of animations he has. Or it was his rigging. I can't recall. Any birdly insight on this you could share with us?
Any new skin for Rumble will make it much easier to do subsequent skins for. This is a result that any new skin will have a rebuilt rig.

Currently we'd be unable to do any of the cool fan ideas out there because all of that wackiness in his current mech would carry over. We can only do geometry changes over that. Anything that would involve a more slick set of movements, a more advanced mech, whatever, is dependent on a new rig being in place.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-30-2014
5 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
We can't share our plans this far in advance, but I can tell you this, after working at Riot a few years, I've never seen so many people pumped up to work on a project.
^This guy is especially pumped

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-30-2014
6 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linna Excel View Post
Is Eve's VU in there or is that still on the backburner?
Eve currently sits in the "what is she?" land of concept development. She needs something more of a hook than just "blue lady in tights". Maybe she's a shadow isles hybrid. Maybe she's a demon. She needs not just an update in fidelity, she needs a thematic overhaul. That said, she'll probably get a traditional skin to go with whatever we do with her. We're only just in the early, early phases of her development. Very slow burn.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-30-2014
7 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by namielise View Post
the thing is we were told that the champion release rate has slowed down to give you more reworks/VU/TU but honestly we can see that everything slowed down so what do you think about this great parrot?
(ps:i'm huge fan of your work and you are my best red)
There's a mix of reasons. Some of it is resource allocation, some of it is the philosophical things we've talked about previously. We're sort of sitting on a clump of content that's close to being done, but polish and a few sort of.. existential things need to be resolved.

I know that sounds vague, it's hard for me to describe. A lot of what we do sort of revolves around: "Is this _____?" as in, what makes this champion? Every step of the way we ask ourselves, does this animation set, does this model, does this VO, feel like an updated/enhanced/re-envisioned version of that character. That's a very methodical process with a lot of feedback and a lot of work done based on that feedback. While yes, I'd love to fire out content week after week, we have to do our due diligence. My hope is that our pace picks back up and we can hit 1 per month. That's my hope at least.

leux6

01-31-2014

is Mf gonna get a vu someday?