Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesh

Game Designer

01-30-2014
9 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre Gadget View Post
Maybe something to look into is changing how the moonlight proc works. The reset idea is great, but since you think one of her issues is q-r-r maybe it needs to be taken out? What if the moonlight proc did damage instead?
This is definitely a possible tactic, since it would allow for her Q->R to still do reasonable damage without the abuse case of the second R.

invincible13matt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkHarbinger View Post
Kiting with Q, initiating with ult, shields that scale off of AP, and the short AoE cooldown sounds a lot like a mage to me. She's not supposed to be like any other champion, but everyone is trying to get her to fit into being a fighter or assassin. Granted, a raw AP fighter might still work for her, but it would be more straight forward for her to become a melee based mage/fighter.
...I've never seen Diana kite. Poke, maybe, but never kite - cast time's too long. Initiation can be done by such a broad class of characters (tanks, fighters, mages, assassins, supports, all have members capable of doing so) that it's not really a classifying characteristic. Scaling off a stat only means she scales off that state, nothing more. It doesn't mean anything besides what she builds - and you'll find that a lot of characters that have AP ratios don't build AP, but that does not make them mages. Heck, Lee Sin and Shen have AP ratios on their shields, and they're a fighter/tank respectively. And short cooldown AoEs are...widespread, really. Amumu has one, does that make him a mage?

And having her classed like everyone else doesn't mean she stops being uniqued, it just gives better definition. As she stands she's something weird between the two and can't be competitive because she either outclasses both or is weaker than both with little room for middle ground.

Maximum Jarvan

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
This is definitely a possible tactic, since it would allow for her Q->R to still do reasonable damage without the abuse case of the second R.
Someone suggested having all the moonlights detonate on consumption. How do you feel about this. I think it would make it very rewarding for her to hit the Q on multiple targets instead of just taking a shot at the most squishy one. However this would further emphasize a burst play style unless you made the damage negligible which would defeat the purpose altogether. I would love to have her assassin playstyle more focused because I can't see what her as a bruiser will di that isn't already covered by the large bruiser class. These are just suggestions though. It is your game and you hate final say. I am just voicing my opinion.

And once again I thank you for coming into this thread and talking with us all. It is appreciated highly by all of us.

Hyrum Graff

01-30-2014

I'm curious why my suggestions (first post page 21) were downvoted* (though only once); I'd also love to hear Vesh's opinion on them.

*EDIT: Given that nobody wrote a reply to my post.

Argent Heretic

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
When I fist started playing I am positive she was tagged as an assassin but we would need to find one of the older shots of her champion page. I honestly always thought the shield was so that you could build glass cannaon and not get sneezed away. I just don't want the optimal build path to revolve around sun fire cape. That would be too much of a slap in the face for her character.

Add me on my main account though you seem cool. I am by no means the best player or even close I just understand how to play a few champions well enough but if you wanna goof around and I happen to be available it would be cool. LtSmashFSP is me.
Kk will do. But yeah I think she was tagged as either a mage or an assassin. Definitely not a fighter tho.

Maximum Jarvan

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrum Graff View Post
I'm curious why my suggestions (first post page 21) were downvoted* (though only once); I'd also love to hear Vesh's opinion on them.

*EDIT: Given that nobody wrote a reply to my post.
Hey there. Its the OP coming at you if you don't recognize my name. I think the main problem with your suggestion and why it was downvoted because it does not truly fix her high risk low reward problem. Also the appeal of assassin Diana is rather low at that point because she will never have her shield so she would still be the same in that she goes in and the uses hourglass and waits. That is why I don't really agree with it. I want assassin Diana to be the primary method. I did not down vote you though.

TLDR it punishes her for being an assassin when her shield scales off her passive and in general makes her too reliant on her auto attacks. Assassin build would be a trap in reality.

Argent Heretic

01-30-2014

Quote:
Another idea would be to allow Diana to only use ult when something has moonlight. That way Q R R can no longer be abused since moonlight has been consumed by ult. This would restrain the massive burst it puts out and would allow for her to be buffed in other areas to compensate.

Kingofthe2hole

01-30-2014

If moonlight is changed to a detonation she will be like an Akali 2.0 but without the beneficial Akali passive and a shield instead of shroud.

Maximum Jarvan

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReeboBand View Post
Another idea would be to allow Diana to only use ult when something has moonlight. That way Q R R can no longer be abused since moonlight has been consumed by ult. This would restrain the massive burst it puts out and would allow for her to be buffed in other areas to compensate.
This would make her like Yasuo in that she would have a very situational ultimate which means she would need a very solid buff to the damage to make it worth it. Which I love assassin Diana so it would be worth it though her level six power spike would probably be a little insane. Then her combo would be QR Lichbane AA W E Lich bane plus passive and dead. That is a three second to two second window so actually solid for assassinating. I approve. Then making moonlight consumption deal dmate to all afflicted would make even more sense. However, the only problem I could see is any game where the not Diana team ran a lot of squish bags would blow up like a water balloon on pavement.

Best Morg

01-30-2014

Quote:
I dont really see the problem with Q RR. Is it not balanced right now? I'd be really sad to see the decision between QRQR, QRR, and Just R go away, as for me it's by far the most interesting part of my favorite character. Without this there isn't a lot of decision making left. It kind of ruins the sophistication of her current design. I guess for reference, I should also point out that I would really prefer her remain an assassin. I think if you change her to a fighter you risk throwing away at least half of the fans she has right now, as that is pretty clearly her curtain role.