Morello I'm going to give you a proposition that you can not refute.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Pony Prince

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoflast3 View Post
This doesn't really prove anything except that league is currently lacking in viable adcs & situational, varied buildpaths for ADCs.
And that's more than what we see in GD 99% of the time.

Latitoast

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsong View Post
''plays jax and thinks hes a tanky bruiser with no tank items''
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

no.
Jax gets free armor and mr for building damage with a pretty good base hp, so yes, Jax is pretty tanky without tank items.

Squibaunto

01-30-2014

What I can't stand when I play this game:

1. Being an ADC and having a Mundo just sit on me while I can't do any damage and just die.

2. Being a bruiser/tank and having an ADC simply kite me in addition to chunking my health with IE/LW combo, as there isn't anything I can do about it.

Currently the meta is in line with the first scenario, which actually makes the game much more enjoyable to me. However, I still can't stand the faceroll that is Mundo and in some lesser cases Shyv.

You nerf bruisers and ADCs just reign supreme like they always have. You buff bruisers, and a couple broken champs of that category rush Riot into nerfing them as a whole (item-wise).

The only viable bruisers at this point are ones that can lock someone down and 100-0 them due to the nature of damage being out of control, anyway.

type1Rush

01-30-2014

Spot on Hashinshin.

Sure bruisers being TOO strong could be a thing (or it could open up actual new strategies other than 1-1-1-2), but leaving them in their current state just so ADc's can be TOO strong is not a good design direction. There needs to be balance..

Musche

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fad Bootwear View Post
Much of this stems from the fact that adcs have extremely little kit variety when compared with top laners. Agreed.
...lol

Grrroowlithe

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrroowlithe View Post
he's just mad Caitlyn dumped on his chest

Morello

Lead Designer

01-30-2014
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
"Top lane bruisers/tanks add gameplay to the game, while ADCs remove gameplay from the game."

Fact: Shyvana and Mundo being popular and strong picks have encouraged people to find counter picks, and Trundle with Warwick have shown up as counters to them and added new picks to the competitive game.

Fact: Jinx and Lucian being popular and strong picks have NOT encouraged people to find counter picks, but rather to just play the strongest ADCs since there's no counter play.

Fact: Popular top items like Sunfire and SV have encouraged their opponents to build counter items like BotRK to beat them.

Fact: Popular ADC items like ... anything have never done anything but encourage the current strongest setup to be spammed every game.

I think that writing constant love notes to ADCs (your patch notes) have done nothing but hurt the game over and over, and now entire gameplay mechanics have been added (8 minute turret armor) just to try and deal with ADCs.
You're speaking to a rotating wall of hard counters, which is actually very unhealthy. Jinx and Lucian are overtuned ADCs that lack clear weaknesses and overshadow characters who have them.

All good fighters' weaknesses are "some other fighter." I think Mundo is VERY salvagable with balance updates to give him play (he's just old), but Shyvana....

hashinshin

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You're speaking to a rotating wall of hard counters, which is actually very unhealthy. Jinx and Lucian are overtuned ADCs that lack clear weaknesses and overshadow characters who have them.

All good fighters' weaknesses are "some other fighter." I think Mundo is VERY salvagable with balance updates to give him play (he's just old), but Shyvana....
"less bad" is still... less bad.

ADCs are the worst right now. The game revolves around them yet they are a very boring class that never feels satisfying to play. How does that make for a good game?

And what's wrong with a rotating wall of hard counters? Better than rotating spreadsheet of who has the most Damage*survivability while auto attacking from range.

Fiora Mid GG Alt

01-30-2014

what do you mean shyv? she's fine. D:

Xohs

01-30-2014

Oh man, a Shyvana kit complaint?

This fighter update is gonna turn the world upside down, and I'm loving it.