Morello I'm going to give you a proposition that you can not refute.

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maulkrieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

Oh and tanks/bruisers in general are not a problem. The specific champs you see every single game are.

Xohs

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farranor View Post
He was up there, for sure, but I'm not sure he is anymore, as far as I've seen.
No he still is. In this case, he's right to a point. All circumstantial of course, but I think his points actually say more about the players than the roles.

We're very hard driven on this meta, so much so the counter top picks are typically still within the meta. Anti-AD picks in the bottom lane would not be meta. This is to say, there are bruisers that can counter bruisers, but there are not ADCs that counter ADCs.

As for the item points, that's more of a testament to how much bruiser itemization there is, and how much ADCs are willing to dedicate to maximum damage and efficiency more than anything else.

Grrroowlithe

01-30-2014

Name:  lol.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  91.2 KB

FrootBlaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

You mentioned the problems, now where is your proposition?

hashinshin

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrootBlaster View Post
You mentioned the problems, now where is your proposition?
I've said it like 1005 times.

Gorsz

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
I've said it like 1005 times.

Let me guess.

ADCs get reduced to doing next to no damage at all, and bruisers get to 1 shot everyone and be so tanky they can never die.

Something in that ballpark im sure.

Croanin

01-30-2014

You made great points Hash but I see no proposition in your OP. Just facts.

The nature of ADCs is just different though, you can't just simply counter an ADC with another ADC because they can have a Support that covers the weakness the ADC has against the would be counter.

manoflast3

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
"Top lane bruisers/tanks add gameplay to the game, while ADCs remove gameplay from the game."

Fact: Shyvana and Mundo being popular and strong picks have encouraged people to find counter picks, and Trundle with Warwick have shown up as counters to them and added new picks to the competitive game.

Fact: Jinx and Lucian being popular and strong picks have NOT encouraged people to find counter picks, but rather to just play the strongest ADCs since there's no counter play.

Fact: Popular top items like Sunfire and SV have encouraged their opponents to build counter items like BotRK to beat them.

Fact: Popular ADC items like ... anything have never done anything but encourage the current strongest setup to be spammed every game.

I think that writing constant love notes to ADCs (your patch notes) have done nothing but hurt the game over and over, and now entire gameplay mechanics have been added (8 minute turret armor) just to try and deal with ADCs.
This doesn't really prove anything except that league is currently lacking in viable adcs & situational, varied buildpaths for ADCs.

And about the part of "counter picks" for certain ADCs, that is kinda misrepresenting the situation. ADCs fight 2v2 bott lane, "counterpicking" the enemy ADC is much harder to do successfully in this sense. Hence, most people just pick their most comfortable/op adc and play.

Certainly, in a sense Sivir counters Graves, but you also have to factor in the supports that each team has.

hashinshin

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoflast3 View Post
This doesn't really prove anything except that league is currently lacking in viable adcs & situational, varied buildpaths for ADCs.

And about the part of "counter picks" for certain ADCs, that is kinda misrepresenting the situation. ADCs fight 2v2 bott lane, "counterpicking" the enemy ADC is much harder to do successfully in this sense. Hence, most people just pick their most comfortable/op adc and play.

Certainly, in a sense Sivir counters Graves, but you also have to factor in the supports that each team has.
"ADCs can't be countered"

aznsong

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrroowlithe View Post
''plays jax and thinks hes a tanky bruiser with no tank items''
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

no.

12345612 ... 19