A big Thank You to RIOT GAMES

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BetterQuitSucka

01-29-2014

As a counterpoint to the OP:

1. Riot still hasn't mastered the art of online gaming. The servers are unreliable and unstable. This has been a priority for a long time and still hasn't been resolved.

2. Other comparable games have a replay system. This is something this community has been practically begging for, with no solution in sight.

3. An in-game voice chat system. Again, something other comparable games have, which Riot has YET to implement or even really address.

4. An EAST COAST server. Really? Riot expects millions of American players spread across the country to play on a West Coast based server, that already has overcrowding and lag issues?

5. New freakin' content. Map skins. New maps (hell, even Magma Chamber, which was promised then later scratches). New Champions have slowed down. Reworks have slowed.

Where are the resources going, aside from making generic skins for Champs that already have half a dozen?

Razrmeistah

01-29-2014

Now make a list of the things they did in 2012 and 2011

I bet those easily triple that piss poor 2013 list.

You can log off your smurf, Riot guy.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for posting this. While there's always a lot more to do (and always will be), pointing out success sometimes is nice to see once in awhile too

People wanted more non-champion content, so, I think we did pretty well on that (and we think we can do better this year).

XDeathyxXxDeathX

01-29-2014

Evelynns last skin was 3.5 years ago

Insípid

01-29-2014

Think you forgot zac

VoyMachoboy

01-29-2014

Good now they can make an East coast server. I and many others will be satisfied then.

Rat King Twitch

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaixPeregrinus View Post
I wanted to point out what they have done, since no one else seems to.
You say this and wonder why you feel like you're in the minority. There are threads just like this one out there easy to find. You could...look for them, you know.

LesbianRainbow

01-29-2014

evelynn even karma needs a new skin(I know she got a visual but she only has 2 skins)*3 of you wanna be a smart ass* honestly riot some of these guys are right....you guys are getting bigger and richer while production is getting slower and slower....I don't know how much it takes to make a new champion or skin but really listen to the small people not just the higher elo...stop making making skins for darius ffs I mean kha'zix and rengar have only ONE SKIN!!!

Jesnir

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashmeehup View Post
This x 1,000.

Everyone seems to think that pouring more money and people into a project makes it happen sooner. The world doesn't work that way. If one person can change a tire in 10 minutes, would 2 people get it done in half the time? Would 10 people changing that same tire get it done in a minute flat? Would 100 people get it done in 6 seconds? Sounds absurd, doesn't it?
You may think it works that way. But the entire Riot company isn't working on one skin. They have, or so I believe what is logical, small teams of people who work on individual works. There may be 3 people who design a skin, then another group who continue the skin making process. On a separate department, there are 3 people working on the champion model itself. You may also think that between transactions, it may take time to relay info on how this champion should look, or what this ability will do, but they've done it before! As seen in earlier years of the company. Judging by the growth Riot has seen, they should be well versed in such a production manner if they've done it before and faster too.

Rat King Twitch

01-29-2014

The thing is, if they DO have multiple teams, why do things still see a much slower process as the game progresses, that reflect the very same issues they face every day? These issues were addressed further before. In the very first few pages.

They've said it once before; they're a growing company that craves money, and they grew too fast for their own good, not having the team nor the resources at the time when they needed them, and when they GOT them it was too sudden and late for them to be able to do what they wanted with it (the client, which needs a huge amount of time put into it now in order to change it). Now they're paying for it. But even through all of that and the great decisions they've made, they're making bad decisions as well and rushing things, while ignoring others, even with their "multiple team" structure. If they are as organized as they say, there should be -nothing- that takes a year to have concrete information on. I don't care what it is, nothing should ever take that long to even show concepts (unless it's, again, something like a new client).

It took them this long to realize "our original champions look like craaaaap compared to the new ones, maybe we should fix that". Meanwhile, there is still a high amount of negligence even while they know what the issues are and present acknowledgement, as well as the OK! that things are a-go concerning things needing attention, yet there are "multiple teams" for each issue.

They dug a hole and it just gets bigger and bigger.