riot, i would like to be alerted when the people i reported are banned

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indari

01-28-2014

they could make it anonymous, like show a number of people you've reported that have been banned

Nasuuna

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2Saucy View Post
imo, the reason tribunal isn't seen as impactive is because the people reporting the ragers feel powerless. sure we're reporting them but are they actually being punished?

i suggest a system where we are alerted when the reported player is suspended/banned.

when i remain civil as someone is raging / being negative, i tell them "i hope your inability to control ur emotions is worth the report and maybe a ban." it would feel simply fantastic to know that my words were actually true and the people raging finally got what was deserved.

please riot. empowerment pls.
one of my favorite features in dota is this

Naethmor

01-28-2014

No, whatever RP they had remaining in their account should be given to everyone.

P1LLOWHUMP3R

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by K18Uu View Post
Completely agree, I feel this is why some people don't even report, I've even seen some people not bother cause they believe it doesn't do anything, if we actually had any form of verification of people we reported getting banned I feel it would help, even if hey don't tell us the specific summoner, just give us some sort of confirmation message.
Lol the people being reported don't believe in the tribunal either.
I see people threaten to report and the person being reported just laughs at us.

Hiczi

01-28-2014

Quote:
when i remain civil as someone is raging / being negative, i tell them "i hope your inability to control ur emotions is worth the report and maybe a ban." it would feel simply fantastic to know that my words were actually true and the people raging finally got what was deserved
So you're making the situation even worse than it already is by taunting the guy. Nice1

Op is a vengeful sad little man.

asdbnmrty

01-28-2014

Me: I report you for taking my CS. I don't care if you only took one and it was on accident. I don't care if it's 50 mins into the game. All the CS is mine, I'm MLG pro, I only died 13 times cause your a nub and didn't kite for me. My other account is Challenger Infinity with all honor ribbons. My brother is a Riot employee and will make sure you get banned. I'm gonna make mana Shen the new meta.

---"Notification: A summoner you have reported has been banned by the Tribunal. Thank you for your participation!"---

Me: Yay I feel so good! I'm such an influencial part of the League of Legends community. I will continue use my expert judgement to report toxic players and cleanse them from League of Legends... did that guy just kill steal me? REPORT! Those players are dou que? REPORT! My 0 / 4 / 97 teammate has no kills and tons of deaths. REPORTED FOR FEEDING!

It feels great for him... how does it feel for you?

Ray2Saucy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1LLOWHUMP3R View Post
Lol the people being reported don't believe in the tribunal either.
I see people threaten to report and the person being reported just laughs at us.
oh this happens so often

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-29-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I agree with some of the other players here, we have to break down the feature and problem space.

I think players want strong feedback loops for every action they have in League of Legends (or really, anything you do in life). If you Honor someone, you might want to get some feedback about that action--did that person unlock an Honor ribbon later and you helped them do it? Did the person continue on a 3-game winning streak afterwards? If you Report someone, you might also want some feedback that the action did something. Did the player end up improving their behaviors, or getting a chat-ban?

However, having feedback for every action is not the same as encouraging vindictiveness or revenge behavior. We've talked about more feedback for Honors and Reports in the past, and we're definitely open to the idea and have a few designs in mind; but, we'd probably never reveal player names in any of the feedback due to privacy issues and the fact that it'd create some unnecessary witch-hunting behaviors.

For now, the player behavior team is heavily invested in trying to get Team Builder in a state that players would enjoy on Live servers. Our research shows that a lot of bad behavior results from good people experiencing triggers or contexts such as having a bad day, having a bad game, etc. We haven't seriously invested time in preventing these contexts or triggers, and believe Team Builder is the highest value to players right now compared to working on things like improving feedback loops for our other systems.

KaedenKai

01-29-2014

I think it would be interesting to receive reform cards, minus player names, of people I have reported. It could be an option you set, so people who aren't interested can opt out.

Wumacho

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by help Im alive View Post
I'd much rather have a system in place where if I report someone, it will notify me saying "One of your reports has come to the tribunals attention, and appropriate action has been taken, thank you." that way, regardless of the outcome(which I won't know) I feel good for doing my part, if they do get punished, then the tribunal is doing its job, if not, the person gets pardoned, the tribunal is still doing its job, and I won't know the exact person I reported, nor the outcome, I just know that I have given my best effort to make the game a better place.
Couldn't agree more with this. I'd like to receive some acknowledgment of my reports so I know they were of some use. I'm sure this would put many other players' mind at ease as well.