@Morello You used to work on Guild wars; why not make Soraka a Protection Monk?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KirbyCake

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjin View Post
To be fair, you would still be able to push the lane. You just aim for minions, and it acts exactly like it used to.
changing a skill from aoe to a skill shot is a massive nerf

you lose the ability to ASSURE your skill will do damage

if nid spears were targeted, it would be game breaking

innervation

01-29-2014

I would be interested to see a starfall that hit everything around her, allies included, for a greatly reduced dmg, or for a minor beneficial effect. Then make her w and e do different things depending on whether or not her target had the starfall buff/debuff. Kinda like lulu's w and e have different functions.

Timjin

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyCake View Post
changing a skill from aoe to a skill shot is a massive nerf

you lose the ability to ASSURE your skill will do damage

if nid spears were targeted, it would be game breaking
The thought was to add risk and reward to the ability. It still acts like it used to, but the targeting is handled differently.

When is Soraka in a good position to use this skill as it currently is midgame? If she's close enough to do damage, then she is close enough to be 1-shoted.

Changing it into a skill shot adds more depth to the ability and grants her a larger range of influence and something to do when your enemies are not within 530 range.

Tauros113

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjin View Post
The thought was to add risk and reward to the ability. It still acts like it used to, but the targeting is handled differently.

When is Soraka in a good position to use this skill as it currently is midgame? If she's close enough to do damage, then she is close enough to be 1-shoted.

Changing it into a skill shot adds more depth to the ability and grants her a larger range of influence and something to do when your enemies are not within 530 range.
This is actually a rework I would really enjoy. Most proposed raka reworks feel way off with what they do to her heal, but this one sounds very cool.

Anyway, the Starcall would have to stay as it is now. It has its problems, but that is a defining part of her kit. A red posted some time ago that they changed it to a sort of Karthus bomb, but it didn't feel like her at all. So while the AOE explosion sounds fun and skillful, it wouldn't be worth the change.

Faceplosion

01-29-2014

If you read Morello's blog, this is exactly what he wants to do with Soraka.

http://www.morellonomicon.com/2013/1...etitive-games/

redz

01-29-2014

Mind if i chip in ?
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4194170

"summing up the text wall on the link (but please, go read it):
keep the long cooldown heals she has, but add weak shields to be used while waiting.
starcall for mid/late damage, infuse for long range poke at early/mid game.
infuse (or really any silence) marks enemies as extra targets for starcall.
change item focus from cooldown/support/ap (that order) to ap/armor/support."

she is the same dedicated healer, but is now also able to later take up the role of a battle priest that thrives in the middle of combat.

i disagree with some of your changes, like adding soft or hard cc on her, or leaving that passive unchanged while changing starcall (i frankly dislike her passive, feels too much like a band aid on her kit).
i like the concept behind current starcall, and why it should be around soraka instead of a skillshot (i.e her putting herself into a dangerous spot, in the mid of chaos.)

Linna Excel

01-29-2014

Prot Monks might have actually been more powerful than pure healers. Depending on where you were and what you were running. Soraka needs to be a smiter/healer. IMO it'd be pretty awesome if Soraka's W got a thornmail effect added to it.

redz

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linna Excel View Post
Prot Monks might have actually been more powerful than pure healers. Depending on where you were and what you were running. Soraka needs to be a smiter/healer. IMO it'd be pretty awesome if Soraka's W got a thornmail effect added to it.
Only if soraka is punished by it as well.
like dealing damage back to the agressor, but part of it will hit soraka too.

there needs to be some choices before using a spell imo. (and frankly on current soraka, given her long cooldowns and how effective her spells are.. it's better to just use it whenever it's available than trying to save it - any more and you are potentially losing effectiveness on healing mana/health over time or harassing.)

Cindikle

01-29-2014

Frost Queen would provide some decent CC. If it was more viable. Perhaps it needs the charge system.

I like redz's ideas as well. Starcall/infuse combo is very intersting and can setup kills for an APC with the shred.

The heal idea is nice as well. Although I think you may be making it too strong.

DarkLiquidDeath

01-29-2014

Bamp

123456 ... 9